PDA

View Full Version : [Ext 1.0.1a] QuickTips stop working after scrolling a tab in IE6

FB
1 Jun 2007, 12:46 AM
Environment:
------------
Browser IE6
Page with Border Layout nesting 2 NestedLayoutPannels in center region.
Nested pannels with center region supporting several tabs with automatic scrolling

Description:
-----------
After resizing the browser, a vertical scroll bar appears in the active tab. Once this tab is scrolled, the QuickTips stop working. Call Ext.QuickTips.init(); after this happen not always solve it

jack.slocum
1 Jun 2007, 4:13 AM
I don't know what you are talking about. Automatic scrolling?

FB
2 Jun 2007, 2:29 AM
Perhaps my English is not good enough, I'm Spanish.
I mean that the scroll bar appears automatically when the size of contents in the tab require it, eg. after a browser resize. Once the user performs a scrolling using this bar, the QuickTips stop working.

Regards,
Fernando

galdaka
2 Jun 2007, 6:09 AM
Same problem, not always.

And sometimes when load a content into a tab as iframe, the textfields has the effect as "Readonly", when click in them, they do not take the focus.

indulgence
17 Aug 2007, 9:17 AM
Ok, this is apparently a problem for Internet Explorer (6 and 7) in any scrollable container. And affects both 1.0.1 and 1.1.

If you scroll the container using scrollbars -- all quicktips inside the container will no longer show. Even on the body of the document.

1. Create a long page w/ quicktips.
2. Open in IE
3. Hover the item w/ tip applied - to verify they do show.
4. Scroll the page
5. Hover the item again - note that they no longer show up

jarrod
20 Aug 2007, 8:11 PM
Ok, this is apparently a problem for Internet Explorer (6 and 7) in any scrollable container. And affects both 1.0.1 and 1.1.

If you scroll the container using scrollbars -- all quicktips inside the container will no longer show. Even on the body of the document.

1. Create a long page w/ quicktips.
2. Open in IE
3. Hover the item w/ tip applied - to verify they do show.
4. Scroll the page
5. Hover the item again - note that they no longer show up

Ah, interesting thread - I've noticed QuickTips disappearing in Ext 2.0 with IE7 as well, but didn't realise that it was because of scrolling!

Good that it is easy to repro too... just open up any Ext example with QuickTips, resize the browser until the vertical scrollbar appears, scroll the page and the QuickTips are gone. Also, if you click on any element which have QuickTips associated with them, all the QuickTips become available again.

hansellh
6 Nov 2007, 9:48 AM
Did anyone come up with a resolution for this?

Thanks

hansellh
6 Nov 2007, 9:53 AM
Ignore this. It's fixed in 1.1.1

my bad.