PDA

View Full Version : [2.0 M3] ExtGWT M3 release

Rvanlaak
11 Jun 2009, 6:55 AM
I discovered the Examples Development explorer is already using the m3 release of ExtGWT. So I started wonderering how the third release is progressing.

http://extjs.com/examples-dev/explorer.html

At the moment no new components are added. Does anyone have more info about it? Within two weeks I'll release my application. Shall the m3 release be available before my own release?

sven
11 Jun 2009, 9:13 AM
You should not do a productive release on a prerelease version. M stands for milestone. It hasnt even reached RC status.

Rvanlaak
11 Jun 2009, 12:36 PM
Sven,

I know the meaning of prototyping, milestones etcetera. I'm only curious about the development stage of the library.

My system is not going to be used in a production environment, but It will be a proof of concept.

Is there something like a roadmap available for public?

sven
11 Jun 2009, 12:45 PM
M3 will be released pretty soon.

mtarantini
12 Jun 2009, 12:33 AM
Hi,

I have a question about this news release, I've juste migrate my project from M2 to M3, and I see that you've have delete the methods / listeners about the Closure of the Window.
Can you explain why you have done that ?

And now, how distinguish when you want close a window or juste whant to hide it ?

Thank.

Jose Jeria
12 Jun 2009, 2:06 AM
And now, how distinguish when you want close a window or juste whant to hide it ?

Check out this thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70856).

mtarantini
12 Jun 2009, 2:29 AM
Thanks!

Rvanlaak
15 Jun 2009, 3:49 AM
Wow!

The m3 release seems to give a copule of deprication warnings.

The DataList is depricated? What are te differences between a ListView and a DataList?
I can't use the Button#getIconStyle() function anymore, the DataList#getIconStyle() still works

sven
15 Jun 2009, 3:56 AM
ListView is the new component you should use. It works directly on a store without a StoreBinder.

Button can now use ImageBundles to display icons. So if you set an icon with a stylename, it gets transformed into an image which will be used.

Rvanlaak
15 Jun 2009, 3:57 AM
Oh, and what about the context Menu's? The MenuItem constructors did contain a parameter for the style, but it has been removed...

Is there more documentation available about the Btn/MenuItem css styling changes? I did fix it by using the setter, but are there other changes?

sven
15 Jun 2009, 3:59 AM
MenuItems also have imageBundle support.

IconHelper.create("yourstyle") will transform your iconstyle

mtarantini
15 Jun 2009, 5:31 AM
Hi,

I've just find an interesting issues with charts and "https" protocol with IE (7 & 8).

We use JBoss for our application server, and we have a security policy to login to our application.

So we navigate with the https protocol. The issue is when we want to use Chart in the application, it doesn't works, the DOM looks correct, and I think the browser forbid the access to the swf file, but it's works well on Chrome, Safari, FF3.5 (don't know why).

I've change the location of the swf file to an none-secure address, and now it's working on IE7 & 8.

I know it's not a GXT bug, but i think it could if someone use a secure access.

Cputerace
15 Jun 2009, 10:31 AM
edit: nevermind. Misread the release notes.

daddieke
16 Jun 2009, 8:22 AM
I relied quite heavily on DataList in my application but managed to switch to ListView. Only problem left is you can't set a context menu on a ListView (protected access). Of course I can wrap it in something else but wouldn't it be preferable to make the setter public on ListView ?

sven
16 Jun 2009, 8:33 AM
The next release will have it public on component level.

Rvanlaak
16 Jun 2009, 9:00 AM
My app also uses a lot of DataLists. I didn't switch them to ListViews yet, but the context menu is very needed. Are there other changes between the DataList and ListView (besides the store)?

Talking about context menus, what about the context menu of the TabPane? Has that also been made public?

sven
16 Jun 2009, 11:52 AM
I relied quite heavily on DataList in my application but managed to switch to ListView. Only problem left is you can't set a context menu on a ListView (protected access). Of course I can wrap it in something else but wouldn't it be preferable to make the setter public on ListView ?

The change in in SVN.

daddieke
16 Jun 2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks !

sz_146
17 Jun 2009, 12:58 AM
I upgraded to M3 yesterday. One thing I have to change heavily in my application is Trees. However I can't find how to add a selectionchange listener to a TreePanel ? Any have any idea or is there a doc on it. I tried to attach a listener by doing :

tree.addListener(Events.SelectionChange, new TreeListener());

but it doesn't work for selection change event. Still works for OnClick !!!

sven
17 Jun 2009, 2:37 AM
The selectionmodel is friing that event, not the tree

sz_146
17 Jun 2009, 3:52 AM
Thanks. I got it right now :)

Any idea if the "Reload Keeping State" still works in the same way as previous release ? Or something has been incorporated in the new version to support that functionality ?