PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Bug in window with GWT TextArea

amotamed
18 Jun 2009, 6:13 PM
Hi, If I create a GXT window, and add a GWT TextArea with the boarders set to 100% to it, under IE (tested on 8, I believe the issue is on IE 6 and 7 as well) it will render the text area as only being one line big. Here is the code to create the issue (note I'm using GWT's TextArea, not GXTs). This appears to be a 2.x issue, I was not able t reproduce it using 1.x. Here is the following code to create the issue. Also, firefox 3 renders the following code correctly.

Window window = new Window( );
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.TextArea textArea = new com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.TextArea( );
textArea.setSize( "100%", "100%" );
textArea.setText( "blah\nblah\n\naslfkjdsa;lf\n" );
window.add( textArea );
window.setVisible( true );

sven
19 Jun 2009, 5:40 AM
Please provide the full code on how you show the window and all options you set an your window.

amotamed
21 Jun 2009, 4:48 PM
Sven,

Here you go, my setup is very similar to the explorer demo, basically, i took the north panel and classed it out. I did this simple example to make sure it was these two components causing the issue, not something on my end. BTW, do you need my license number or anything?

Thanks,
Artie

sven
22 Jun 2009, 2:44 AM
You have an issue in your code. You need to size your window and give it a fitlayout.