PDA

View Full Version : ExplorerView - Windows Explorer look-a-like grid

kaigan
21 Jun 2009, 4:53 PM
Better late then never, I rewrote the ExplorerView to work better with Ext 3.0, there is not much new since the Ext 2.2 version. There are some sweet things however!

New features:
* Now obeys column renderers
* DragSelector plugin shamelessly stolen from Ext Examples and tweaked to work with Grid

Demo:
http://extjs.funkar.nu/ext-3.0-rc2/examples/explorerview/explorerview.html

I'm working on adding a few more templates for other styles and also tweaking the current ones. Also a GroupingExplorerView is in the works but it requires some more attention.

-- kaigan

tonedeaf
21 Jun 2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks for porting your stunning extension to ExtJS 3.0 !
I haven't used it yet but plan to do it even if I have to force it on the users :)

Is it stable enough for big apps?

kaigan
22 Jun 2009, 12:05 AM
Hi tonedeaf and thanks,

Yes, I think this version is way more stable then the one for 2.2 ever was. I'm not going to use this extension in a big project I'm working on atm so I will make sure it is top notch!

Sesshomurai
22 Jun 2009, 11:07 AM
Kaigan,
Marvelous work! But in the demo, should I be able to double-click into a folder and see a new view? Just curious, cuz I couldn't.

ThorstenSuckow
22 Jun 2009, 11:55 AM
One word: Excellent! =D>

kaigan
24 Jun 2009, 2:16 AM
@Sesshomurai: No, I leave all that up to the guy that uses the extension :)

@Mindpatterns: thanks!

MJFox
13 Jul 2009, 2:45 AM
Hi!

Thanks for this great extension!

I found a problem: I have a grid in a panel and when I resize the panel, the grid resizes, but the body-wrapper (class "x-grid3-body") doesn't resize.

This only happens with ExtJS 3.0 (it works correctly in 2.2)

greetings

MJFox

drew
16 Sep 2009, 7:44 AM
Nice. Any plans to add new features or was this just a one off thing?

kaigan
16 Sep 2009, 10:58 AM
We're currently using a modified version of ExplorerView in our development, I should patch some of those functions in to this one when there is some time over. Suggestions always welcome.

dbassett74
14 Oct 2009, 11:31 AM
Wow, nice dude!

Just two minor things:

1) Is there any way to further constrain the drag selector so as not to go above the header row?

2) Is there a way to specify when clicking on white-space within the grid, to deselect all items? This is in keeping with standard window functionality.

lorezyra
6 Dec 2009, 9:51 PM
This is Killer!!! I already have a use for it in my application design.

dawesi
14 Dec 2009, 6:41 PM
I love this extension... should add it to the list of 3.x extensions on the wiki

brkz
27 Feb 2010, 11:58 PM
Demo:
http://extjs.funkar.nu/ext-3.0-rc2/examples/explorerview/explorerview.html

hi Kaigan, excellent stuff! However I noticed something that looks like a bug. Try to resize (narrow down) "Name" column and see what happens to the grid... looks like container for icons gets resized as well which causes undesired behavior with icons.

This is not the case with ext 2 version however. Anyway to fix it please? :s

Scorpie
29 Mar 2010, 6:35 AM
*bump*

Did you ever finished the grouping explorer view extension? Would love to see it to work!

mihaip007
7 Jun 2010, 1:18 PM
Yeay! I stumbled over this version of explorerview. Great extension and happy to see new version up and running! It was easy to implement and rather quick to figure out how to do double-clicking events and all.

Only ONE question. Where is the grouping? Any chance to get this back in the extension?

And last thing - why is this not part of the ext itself? It is very useful for admin interfaces. Just a suggestion hehehe

Thanks for a great piece of work...
Mihai

AndreaCammarata
7 Jun 2010, 1:35 PM
Nice extension i like it, but i suggest you to see what i develop for file management.
Take a look to my video review at the following link
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?client=mv-google&v=EAqL1YnqRSo

Tell me what you thiink.

sosy
24 Jul 2010, 12:17 AM
Hello Andrea, bellisimo! Your file management. And the Aral desktop. Any possibilities to see it work live? I am from holland, living in germany and working on an similar project. Just started with ExtJS (3 weeks). Before that i was programming in backbase, but ExtJS gives me more possibilities and freedom in my work.

AndreaCammarata
26 Jul 2010, 8:14 AM
Hi sosy thanks for your good feedback!
I'm planning to release a live demonstration of my entire Aral project at the beginning of september.
In the meantime, I'm rewriting everything from ASP.NET to php with a lot of performance improvements and new functionality.
So stay tuned, to get the latest news ;)

sosy
26 Jul 2010, 8:26 AM
Hi Andrea, i sure will, cause i do have a lot to learn, my Desk project is completly PHP/MySQL/JSON orientated. Before i switched to extjs, (backbase framework), i did most of the things in php, with an little ajax/js. Now it becomes different. But i have to admit its not that easy to understand. JS is still way to abstract for me, but who knows maybe i will understand it.

Today i spend the whole day in getting the export to excel working, i did not succeed, so i gave up, and i will not arrange that with ExtJS. Now i switched it and made it complete in php, send an json query with an cmd to start this script from an grid.

I used several extensions from the forum but none of them i got to work. Thats because my grid now has so many extensions. But i cant find an possibility to rearange it and get it to work. The latest state was that i accomplished to make an export file, but that excel tells me its corrupt because of the working grid.

After decode the xml, read about the xml, export an small table from excel to xml and use that xml in the grid, i gave up.

But who knows, maybe in the future i will be able to understand those things. I'm getting on and on.

So now i have to code the excel exporter in php and combine it with the grid.

See you

Sosy

moegal
2 Dec 2010, 7:10 AM
hi, any news on the grouping explorer view?

Marty