PDA

View Full Version : Problem in TreeTable in scrolling data

livinglegends
25 Jun 2009, 9:09 PM
Hi,

I am using TreeGrid in my project. I am facing two issues in TreeGrid.

1. How to expand node in TreeGrid using Right Navigation key of Keyboard and collapse using Left Navigation key of Keyboard. Same functionality we had in TreeTable. So, how to achieve same in TreeGrid?

2. I have one button "Add" in form with TreeGrid which when I click on it, it open form with some textfeilds. When I enter proper data in form, it will add entered data as a child of selected node of TreeGrid. Now, I want to expand selected node automatically after inserting child under it. How, to do it in TreeGrid?

Please, revert me with the solutions of above two issues. Please ping me if you have any confusion in my question or need more information.

Actually, before TreeGrid I was using TreeTable where I was facing issue mentioned in the thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.ph...d=1#post347362 (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=347362&posted=1#post347362)) first question. After that I migrated to TreeGrid but facing above problems.

Please guide me.

Thanks ,
LivingLegends

sven
26 Jun 2009, 2:12 AM
I am moving this to the help forum as this are questions and not bug reports.

livinglegends
26 Jun 2009, 3:42 AM
Can you give me the link of thread where have moved my question?
It is quite difficult to search it.

Thanks
LivingLegends

livinglegends
26 Jun 2009, 4:38 AM
I am moving this to the help forum as this are questions and not bug reports.

We can say it is a bug as TreeGrid doesn't provides utility to expand and collapse nodes using keyboard.

Ideally, this utility should be there in TreeGrid as this component is the replacement of TreeTable and in TreeTable we had such utility.

Thanks
LivingLegends

sven
26 Jun 2009, 4:56 AM
We can say it is a bug as TreeGrid doesn't provides utility to expand and collapse nodes using keyboard.

A missing feature is not a bug. However, we added the feature to svn

livinglegends
26 Jun 2009, 5:26 AM
Thanks for quick reply.
please tell me how to get this feature from svn?

Also help me in below case.

I have one button "Add" in form with TreeGrid which when I click on it, it open form with some textfeilds. When I enter proper data in form, it will add entered data as a child of selected node of TreeGrid. Now, I want to expand selected node automatically after inserting child under it. How, to do it in TreeGrid?

sven
26 Jun 2009, 7:22 AM
please tell me how to get this feature from svn?

SVN access is granted if you have a support subscription, which is available here: http://www.extjs.com/store/gxt/#support-table

livinglegends
28 Jun 2009, 8:59 PM
Hi,

I have not purchased any subscription support. So, is there any way to update existing jar file to get this issue resolved?

sven
29 Jun 2009, 2:17 AM
You can wait for the next release and update your jar than.

livinglegends
29 Jun 2009, 3:34 AM
Hi,

Thank for your precious reply.

Still I have two questions:

1. When the next build is supposed to release? Any tentative date if you have.

2. How to deal with the below scenario?

I have one button "Add" in form with TreeGrid which when I click on it by selecting any node in TreeGrid, open form with some textfields. When I enter proper data in form, it will add entered data as a child of selected node of TreeGrid. Now, I want to expand selected node automatically after inserting child under it. How, to do it in TreeGrid?

Is there any function in TreeGrid to expand/collapse selected node programatically at run time?

Really Thanks for your kindly and quick help.

livinglegends
1 Jul 2009, 8:41 PM
Hi Sven,

You are the only person who are giving satisfied answer of my any question. I really thanks for that. So, I am waiting for the reply of my above mentioned questions.

sven
1 Jul 2009, 10:50 PM
1. When the next build is supposed to release? Any tentative date if you have.

It got released.

I have one button "Add" in form with TreeGrid which when I click on it by selecting any node in TreeGrid, open form with some textfields. When I enter proper data in form, it will add entered data as a child of selected node of TreeGrid. Now, I want to expand selected node automatically after inserting child under it. How, to do it in TreeGrid?

Take a look at the stores insert methods. You can insert a model to a parent there. To expand the parent oyu have to call

treeGrid.setExpanded(parentmodel,true);

livinglegends
2 Jul 2009, 12:10 AM
Excellent support got from you buddy.
Thanks a lot for your kindly support.

Now, I will try with new release and get back to you with good news of course.
I am sure it will solve my all issues.

I also want to draw your attention in one behavior of TreeGrid I found even if in This latest version is:
Suppose we have thousands of rows in TreeGrid. When we move down rapidly in TreeGrid either using down key or using mouse (by pressing down arrow in Vertical Scrollbar), it shows number of blank line. i.e it is taking time in rendering row while scrolling fast.

When we stop to move down or reach at the end of TreeGrid it shows data properly. So, I think this is the problem with TreeGrid.

I have checked it in Showcase examples of Latest version. So, kindly look into it so we can get resolved this issue ASAP.

Provides your comments on this.

Thanks a tons
LivingLegends

sven
2 Jul 2009, 5:08 AM
The treegrid uses a buffered rendering so that it can display a large amount of data without making the browser to be slow.
It renders only the data that is just in your visible area.

livinglegends
2 Jul 2009, 8:39 PM
But, I expanded all nodes so I have so many numbers of rows already rendered in TreeGrid. Its behavior is only when I scroll TreeGrid rapidly. When I scroll slowly, it doesn't behave like this.

This behavior leads user to think in different way. Generally user assume that it is problem with TreeGrid and cannot expect such behavior. Event it doesn't look professional while scrolling rapidly. Actually scrolling should be smooth enough to get professional working experience.

Kindly provide your comments on it.

Thanks
LivingLegends

livinglegends
6 Jul 2009, 10:49 PM
Hi Sven,

I am waiting for your reply. Kindly comments on it.

livinglegends
13 Jul 2009, 4:54 AM
Hi Sven,

Please do reply and I stuck with this since long.

sven
13 Jul 2009, 4:59 AM
But, I expanded all nodes so I have so many numbers of rows already rendered in TreeGrid. Its behavior is only when I scroll TreeGrid rapidly. When I scroll slowly, it doesn't behave like this.

This behavior leads user to think in different way. Generally user assume that it is problem with TreeGrid and cannot expect such behavior. Event it doesn't look professional while scrolling rapidly. Actually scrolling should be smooth enough to get professional working experience.

Kindly provide your comments on it.

Thanks
LivingLegends

You can change TreeGridView to render always all rows. This will make your grid slow if you have many rows in there.

livinglegends
13 Jul 2009, 9:30 PM
Thanks a lot Sven.

Can you give me example or sample code of TreeGridView?