PDA

View Full Version : [2.0 rc1] problem with buttons in FormPanel in IE

Mike Chaliy
26 Jun 2009, 4:29 AM
With IE8 adding button to FormPanel works incorrect. In result you have empty toolbar with overflow button at the end. All added buttons are there.

sven
26 Jun 2009, 4:44 AM
Please read the bugforum guidelines.
Can you please post some working example that demonstrates this issue? All examples in the explorer work fine in IE8

Mike Chaliy
26 Jun 2009, 5:14 AM
FormPanel p = new FormPanel();
p.setButtonAlign(Style.HorizontalAlignment.RIGHT); // All other options works as expected.
p.addButton(new Button("assdf"));
p.addButton(new Button("assdf2"));

In explorer every single example uses CENTER. This works. LEFT also works. Default and RIGHT want work.

P.S. Sure I read guidlines.

sven
26 Jun 2009, 7:20 AM
I am still unable to reproduce this. Please provide a proper and complete testcase that i am able to run (implements entrypoint).

Can you reproduce it here http://www.extjs.com/examples-dev/explorer.html#buttonaligning with IE?

Mike Chaliy
26 Jun 2009, 8:12 AM
Well,

package client;
import com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.Style;
import com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.button.Button;
import com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.form.FormPanel;
import com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootPanel;
/**
* Date: Jun 26, 2009
* Time: 6:56:15 PM
*/
public class Test implements EntryPoint {
public void onModuleLoad() {
FormPanel p = new FormPanel();
p.setButtonAlign(Style.HorizontalAlignment.RIGHT); // All other options works as expected.
RootPanel.get().add(p);
}
}

Result

http://extjs.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14572&stc=1&d=1246032467

ButtonAligning Example works as expected for me. But this is because this example does not use ToolBar as FormPanel does.

sven
29 Jun 2009, 6:35 AM
ButtonAligning Example works as expected for me. But this is because this example does not use ToolBar as FormPanel does.

The example also uses the toolbar for showing the buttons. It is a contentpanel which acts same as formpanel (formpanel extends contentpanel)

I am still unable to reproduce this. Have you also updated all your css resources?

Mike Chaliy
29 Jun 2009, 7:46 AM
I can reproduce this for ContentPanel too.
Resources are not modified. Direct copy from SDK or even link to demo-resources, check Test.html file attached.

Yet another finding:

public void onModuleLoad() {
ContentPanel p = new ContentPanel();
p.setWidth(600); // <<<
p.setButtonAlign(Style.HorizontalAlignment.RIGHT);
p.addButton(new Button("assdf223"));
RootPanel.get().add(p);
}

This way it works. Also this isssue could be reproduced with IE6 as well. I have tried on another mashine, issue still reproducable.

Attached is compiled version(only IE). Could you please try it?

Mike Chaliy
29 Jun 2009, 7:49 AM
Bit strange that nobody compline about this. Anyway even if this is my issue, I cannot find why this occurs... Thank you for your patience.

sven
29 Jun 2009, 8:42 AM
As you dont have this issue in the official examples, i would try to update the gxt-all.css file to really be the latest one that gets shipped with rc1.

Mike Chaliy
29 Jun 2009, 8:45 AM
Actully setting width (like examples do) fixes problem. Also example I have sent references css from example. Did you try compiled version I sent before?

sven
29 Jun 2009, 8:57 AM
Yes i have the issue there too. But i cant reproduce it if i compile it on my own.

Mike Chaliy
29 Jun 2009, 9:27 AM
If you have Maven you can take a look on the sources. To compile you need gxt2.0-rc1 in your local repository.

sven
29 Jun 2009, 9:31 AM
What are you trying to achieve?

Should the contentpanel always be as big as the browserwindow? If that is true, that approach is not correct.

Mike Chaliy
29 Jun 2009, 9:59 AM
Actually what you see is minimal code that reproduces this issue(or not).
Attached is typical our dialog. I also can send screen-shots of sidebar with the same issue.
Generally this issue is not show stopper for us. We are happy with centerd buttons. We also can hard code width of the form. All this acceptable for us.

sven
29 Jun 2009, 10:02 AM
Have you tried to remove the size calls in the explorer example? I even cant reproduce it than.

Mike Chaliy
29 Jun 2009, 10:10 AM
No, I have not. If you do not mind, I will try this tomorrow.