PDA

View Full Version : ext-all.css issue

hunkybill
5 Jun 2007, 5:52 PM
Hi,

I am using latest FF Linux, my partner has FF Wndows Vista.. and we have a difference wrt to buttons. The original definition looks good on his machine, but screws up hovering on mine:

.x-btn-text-icon .x-btn-center .x-btn-text {
background-position:0pt 2px;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
padding:3px 0pt 3px 18px;
}

After fiddling with Firebug, it seems if I kill the 3px of padding my hover and icon work super, but the PC version goes ugly...

I am not sure why this is.. I don't want to develop inconsistent CSS but with respect to buttons this seems to be an issue. Any idea where to look for a reason my the padding on this definition is not consistent?

Also.. I see a lot of definitions with 0pt in them... I always thought you could/should define zero as in 0px, 0em, 0pt as just 0, and not use an attribute. 0pt is also more relevant (only relevant) to printing and not screen displays too (I thought anyway).. but since Jack has incorporated his expert CSS system into this framework I will go with it no questions asked.. just curious..

Ext... it almost ALWAYS works.. no questions asked... :)

efege
5 Jun 2007, 6:34 PM
Any relation to this other thread, Adjust CSS of button (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7143)?

BTW, It seems as if something failed in that dialog... :-?

hunkybill
6 Jun 2007, 6:43 AM
Wow.. That is exactly the same issue. I cannot post to Premium threads.. but whatever. At least I know I am not the only person experiencing this CSS problem.

Still looking for a way to successfully apply icons to buttons within the FF family...