PDA

View Full Version : DateField doesn't work in IE6 with Build Your Own Ext

stgwilli
7 Jun 2007, 10:41 AM
Hey Everyone,

I've been using Ext for a little while now and it is truly a wonderful library. I am using it to update all the datefields in our system (and that is only the beginning...). For testing purposes, I included ext-all.js and everything worked perfectly.

But, since I am currently using only DomQuery and DateField, I didn't want to include the entire ext-all.js file in my project. So I went to the 'Build Your Own' and selected all the options I needed for DomQuery and DateField. I tested in FF and IE7 and everything worked great; but in IE6 the datepicker renders beneath dropdowns and listboxes.

It looks like the code for the iframe shim isn't working properly. Just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, I added each option one-by-one until I had everything selected and it still would not render properly.

I wanted to see if this was a known issue or if there is any kind of work around. I really want to deploy the new datefield, but I don't want to have to send down a half meg file when a much smaller version would work.

Keep up the great work!! :)

tryanDLS
7 Jun 2007, 11:03 AM
Did you include the 'Core - Layers' stuff (component, layer, shadow)? I think IE6 needs this b/c it has to shim all the input fields. You also need the 'Core - Utilities' and 'Menu'. I didn't look further to see if any these 3 create further dependencies

stgwilli
7 Jun 2007, 11:19 AM
I have made sure to include all the core elements and Layer.js

Upon further investigation, it looks like the iframe shim isn't being positioned correctly. Have a look at the attached screenshot. The white area is the iframe shim; it only shows up when I show the datepicker and the source is an empty set of <html> tags.

This is using a BYO ext file that includes every available option.

http://stgwilli.crunchythoughts.com/images/2007-06-07_141348.jpg

tryanDLS
7 Jun 2007, 11:23 AM
And swapping the byo.js file for ext-all.js fixes it? Are they the same size? Maybe there's a hole in BYO and it's not including something.

stgwilli
7 Jun 2007, 11:29 AM
Ironically, the BYO Ext is larger than ext-all (byo.js is 452K and ext-all.js is 447K)