PDA

View Full Version : Portal Layout

Algiano
16 Jul 2009, 2:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm currently experiencing some problems with the Portal (this problem was also present in GXT 1.2.4). The problem is the following:

When I have a column with several dashlets that actually go off the bottom of the screen, it becomes impossible to add dashlets directly to the bottom of the column.

The only solution at the moment is to add it as far down as possible, then scroll down and repeat until the bottom of the column is reached.

Has anyone created a solution that makes the portal auto scroll down so that you don't need to follow the steps above but rather you can add the dashlet directly to the bottom of the portal?

Thanks,
Ale

The_Jackal
16 Jul 2009, 4:07 PM
Not really much help - but we keep our portals in sync to the viewport size - and have the portlets resize as the window does. In this way we avoid any scrolling issues.

Alternatively you could catch a drop anywhere on the portal an insert the portlet where you want it (e.g. at the end of a column).

HTH - Carl

Algiano
27 Jul 2009, 5:39 AM
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response. The issue I am having is that portal grows to a height larger than the Viewport which causes a scroll bar to appear in the Portal. I then drag the dashlet down towards the bottom of the column but it will not let me scroll down to the bottom of the column. So, in a drawing this is what happens

---------------------------------------viewport top
---------------------------------------portal top
| portlet 1 | | portlet 2 |
| xxxxxxxxxx | | xxxxxxxxxx |
| xxxxxxxxxx | --------------
| xxxxxxxxxx |
---------------------------------------viewport bottom
| xxxxxxxxxx |
| xxxxxxxxxx |
| xxxxxxxxxx |
| xxxxxxxxxx |
------------------

---------------------------------------portal bottom

Now when I try to move Portlet 2 underneath portlet 1, I can't. The Portal has scroll bar btu I cannot drag the bottom of the portlet past the bottom of the viewport.

I see this as a bug because effectively you cannot rearrange portlets unless they are all visible on the screen.

Hope the explanation was a bit better :)

Thanks,
Ale

sven
27 Jul 2009, 5:53 AM
This is not a bug. You can implement a automated page scrolling on your own if you need this.

francescoNemesi
27 Jul 2009, 8:23 AM
Is it possible to have portlets that span more than one column? If so, how?

Thanks,
F

The_Jackal
27 Jul 2009, 6:13 PM
Now when I try to move Portlet 2 underneath portlet 1, I can't. The Portal has scroll bar btu I cannot drag the bottom of the portlet past the bottom of the viewport.

Hmmm.. my portal is in a GXT window, but I can drag snippets as far as I can toward the bottom of the window and they will be added as the last item in the column. It doesn't scroll, but it still works. Not sure about your issue... just try dragging as far down as you can and then releasing...