PDA

View Full Version : Borderlayout Issue on FF when docking.

pourmo
16 Jul 2009, 3:58 AM
Hi

I'm using a borderlayout with one of the panels positioned on the west which is also dockable, very much like your Ext GWT Explorer Demo Navigation panel positioned on the west of your app. Using your GridPlugin Demo Application on http://extjs.com/examples/explorer.html#gridplugins you can notice that
When clicking on a docking button, it takes a while before the west panel is docked and the CPU goes up to 100%.
The Docking is not smoothI have performed these tests on both Windows 2000 and Vista and I find the problem on both these operation system to be for FF only.

Regards
mo

sven
16 Jul 2009, 4:20 AM
This is more a browser issue. If you have big layouts they get completly relayouted. This takes time in the browsers. You can design your app that it is not nesting panels deep.

pourmo
16 Jul 2009, 4:52 AM
:s

You can design your app that it is not nesting panels deep.This is not a good statement from GXT development team, if their aim is to bring more native desktop applications towards a browser platform.

As I mentioned the issue is also within your Grid Plugin which only displays 4 Grids.

Today's software systems are all about information and lots of information in one place, which means having four Grids on one screen is a minimal requirement.

I do believe that this is a FF issue, together with other issues that I have found on FireFox which would also indicate that GXT is NOT a 100% FireFox compatible as stated.

Regards
mo

sven
16 Jul 2009, 5:04 AM
The explorer is nesting the layout very deep. The grids are at the most deep lever. The borderlayout however is on the very top.

We cant change the javascript execution speed and dom manupulation speed of the browsers. The newer ones are much faster (Safari4/Chrome2)