PDA

View Full Version : [1.2.4] Cannot use Ext JS code from Ext GWT

balexander
17 Jul 2009, 1:38 PM
If you don't support this, please mark this as [CLOSED]. It seems to me this scenario should be supported, however. I haven't provided a test case, but will do so on request - given that you care to test this.

We have a good deal of Ext JS code (version 2.2.1), and are moving to Ext GWT. We would hate to have to throw away the Ext JS code and start over.

I have observed this problem using Ext GWT 1.2.4 on Window with Ext JS 2.2.1, both in hosted mode and when using Firefox 3.0.

The basic problem appears to be that Ext GWT adds the following:

Object.prototype.extend()

which means, of course, that extend() is defined on all objects. In Ext JS, there are reproducible cases with Observable.addListener will treat extend() as if it was an Event, and try to add a listener to it.

Bill Alexander

sven
17 Jul 2009, 1:40 PM
GXT is not adding this. GWT is doing that.

balexander
17 Jul 2009, 1:43 PM
I see.

So does that mean I cannot use Ext JS with GWT? I thought that GWT-Ext was just that.

Bill Alexander

micgala
21 Jul 2009, 12:34 AM
I see.

So does that mean I cannot use Ext JS with GWT? I thought that GWT-Ext was just that.

Bill Alexander

You are mixing Ext-Gwt (GXT) with Gwt-Ext.

Ext-Gwt (the technology this forum is about), is not a wrapper around ext-js.
It is only java.

balexander
21 Jul 2009, 9:17 AM
After further investigation I have discovered that the problem I was experiencing was due to another 3rd party JavaScript library - not Ext-GWT and not GWT.

Please disregard my original posting. Thank you for taking the time to reply to it. I'm sorry it turned out to be a waste of time.

Bill Alexander