PDA

View Full Version : Accordion drag/drop proxy behavior

gtyagi_123
21 Jul 2009, 8:13 PM
Hi

Requirement:
1. 2 content Panels (A & B) one having an accordion(A) and other ListView<ModelData> grid and a edit button.
2. The contents of each group the accordion(A) are also ListViews.
3. The elements of the two content panels should be droppable over each other.

Setup:
The ListViewDropTarget's objects setgroup property is set to the same constant for both A and B.
Attached is the screenshot of the expected behavior (accordion.jpg).

Issue:
Dragging an element from accordion A over the B's empty space (remaining after populating the ListViews) shows a red "no entry" proxy label. This is expected behavior and works fine.
However if we drag an element from B on the empty space in A's expanded group it shows a green "right" proxy label. This should not be the case as there is nothing to be dropped on in the empty space and is misleading.

When I added a mock component to the accordion A's content panel issue dissapears and it shows a red "no entry" proxy label as expected.

I am not sure if this is a standard feature or a bug. Any pointers as to how this can be resolved would be much appreciated.

Thanks
GT

gtyagi_123
22 Jul 2009, 7:03 AM
Hi

I was able to resolve the issue. Actually i was taking the layout as FitLayout instead of default FlowLayout. Switching fixed the issue.