PDA

View Full Version : Deploying the ext gwt explorer demo

arvindn
28 Jul 2009, 5:25 PM
Hi,

I Downloaded the latest version of the EXT GWT SDK and i was wondering how i might be able to compile and deploy the examples demo(samples) just to get a feel for all the components within GWT.

I searched for a write up with specific instructions about how to deploy the project from an IDE but i was unable to find any.

I think a write up on how we can deploy the examples demo would really help newer developers of gxt.

Thanks

arvindn
29 Jul 2009, 9:24 AM
found a quick dirty way of compiling and deploying the demo.

But it still would be good idea if someone writes up the correct steps to deploy the demo app.

sven
29 Jul 2009, 9:26 AM
In the samples dir there is an examples.war file that you can simply deploy.

arvindn
29 Jul 2009, 10:31 AM
I see the war file, but that is a previously compiled version of the project right?

I wanted to step through the sample code to be able to get a better understanding and feel for the code.

It would be more helpful to compile the code and run in hosted mode than to just deploy the war file onto a server.

Thanks for the reply though :)

Arno.Nyhm
30 Jul 2009, 3:14 AM
found a quick dirty way of compiling and deploying the demo.

But it still would be good idea if someone writes up the correct steps to deploy the demo app.

can you please describe how is your "quick and dirty way of compiling" i like also to compile the demo in netbeans.

arvindn
30 Jul 2009, 5:04 PM
This is for eclipse

1. Copy gxt-2.0.1\samples\examples\src folder to the new project src (Eclipse_Workspace\explorer\src) folder.

2 . Copy gxt-2.0.1\samples\explorer\src\com\extjs\gxt\samples\explorer to Eclipse_Workspace\explorer\src\com\extjs\gxt\samples

3. Create a "resources" folder in Eclipse_Workspace\explorer\src\com\extjs\gxt\samples\
and copy gxt-2.0.1\samples\resources\src\com\extjs\gxt\samples\resources to this

4. Right Click on the project -> java build path -> add gxt.jar to this

5. Replace the existing servlet mappings in you war/web-inf/web.xml with

<servlet>
<servlet-name>exampleServiceImpl</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.extjs.gxt.samples.server.ExampleServiceImpl</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<url-pattern>/com.extjs.gxt.samples.Examples/service</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>
<url-pattern>/com.extjs.gxt.samples.explorer.Explorer/service</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

6. remove below line from example.gwt.xml
<servlet path="/fileservice" class="com.extjs.gxt.samples.server.FileServiceImpl"/>

7. Replace your default html file in your war folder with explorer.html from the war file(examples.war,packaged along with gxt)

8. Now copy pages,gxt,data,shared,samples and code folder from the examples.war to your war folder.

And its done :)

Hope this helps.