PDA

View Full Version : TreeGrid + StoreFilterField, no way to autoload?

silv
10 Aug 2009, 7:51 AM
Hi, I've got myself into a bit of a problem and hope someone knows a way around this.

I am using a TreeGrid, and would like to allow users to filter on a column of data. I have done this by using a StoreFilterField bound to my store.

Originally everything was working great when I was simply using a TreeStore and directly adding everything to it using add(). However the data set is large enough such that on slower browers (IE7) it grinds to a halt and you have to repeatedly allow the script to run which isn't good at all.

I then turned to a Loader solution which solved the performance problem, but broke the filtering. It will now only return results which have been loaded into the store (what you've expanded into.)

Is there any way to solve this? Does anyone know how to do remote filtering using a TreeGrid?

It looks like in TreePanel there is an option to allow for AutoLoad() which would resolve the issue, however this does not seem to be present in TreeGrid....

Thanks a bunch.

silv
10 Aug 2009, 11:37 AM
I have temporarily worked around this by setting browser specific code. In IE the filter box is disabled and uses the Loader method.

In all other browsers with decent javascript implementations it uses the .add() method directly on the store.

That said, I would love to know if someone knows how to handle situations like this. Filtering on a TreeGrid with a loader attached.

Arno.Nyhm
11 Aug 2009, 12:14 AM
can you give some codesamples of your workaround?

ikis
31 Mar 2010, 10:29 PM
Do you have alternative solutions about this isseu. Storefilters not work on grids which uses loader to load data?