PDA

View Full Version : Ext JS Tip of the day - Follow in twitter

jay@moduscreate.com
28 Aug 2009, 3:53 AM
Use the following link to get my Ext JS TOTD:

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23ExtJS%20TOTD%3A%20TDGInnovations

If you want, i can replicate the posts here. Thoughts?

Some of the posts:

tdginnovations #ExtJS TOTD: To prevent a radio/checkbox "check" event from firing when using setValue, use suspendEvents(), setValue(), resumeEvents()

tdginnovations #ExtJS TOTD: To set a FormPanel's values use fp.getForm().setValues(valuesObj) or getForm().loadRecord(record).

tdginnovations #ExtJS TOTD: For Ext JS 3.0, remember that you can use ButtonGroup to cluster or group similar buttons together

tdginnovations #ExtJS TOTD: break points don't cut it when debugging dnd. Use #firebug console.log/info/warn/error/dir/clear

mystix
28 Aug 2009, 4:11 AM
tdginnovations #ExtJS TOTD: To set a FormPanel's values use fp.getForm().setValues(valuesObj) or getForm().loadRecord(record).

loadRecord doesn't require a true Record.
any old object containing an attribute data which holds a hash of key-value pairs will do. :)

VinylFox
28 Aug 2009, 4:48 AM
Awesome tips so far - keep up the good work.

jay@moduscreate.com
28 Aug 2009, 5:16 AM
loadRecord doesn't require a true Record.
any old object containing an attribute data which holds a hash of key-value pairs will do. :)

That's a good "response tweet" :)

mystix
28 Aug 2009, 5:50 AM
That's a good "response tweet" :)

i meant to respond via twatter, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to respond to particular twats... :s

jay@moduscreate.com
28 Aug 2009, 5:56 AM
i meant to respond via twatter, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to respond to particular twats... :s

Click this icon.
http://s.twimg.com/a/1251397346/images/icon_reply.gif

mystix
28 Aug 2009, 5:58 AM
meh?

you mean it matches the reply tweet with the original tweet?
all along i was under the impression it didn't match up original+reply tweets 'cos what i see in twitterific are seemingly random replies to other ppl's tweets... d'oh.

jay@moduscreate.com
28 Aug 2009, 6:11 AM
It doesn't do quote replies like the forum, but it is an implicit associated reply to tweet.