PDA

View Full Version : Firefox - scrollbars refuse to show up

Feltros
1 Sep 2009, 2:33 AM
I have a LayoutContainer with a drop down button in it, on choosing certain items more options then become available. (Added to the same LayoutContainer in various different ways but normally just by .add(dropdownbox) or .add(layoutcontainerWithaDropDownBoxInside).
I have the main container set to .setScrollMode(Scroll.AUTOY); and have tried Scroll.ALWAYS as well.

In internet explorer everything works fine, in firefox using AUTOY the window never shows a scroll bar (but in a test where the page starts out being a lot more than large enough to need a scrollbar it does work).
When using ALWAYS firefox shows horizontal/vertical scroll possibilities (masked out) and never activates them for actual use. So they are there (masked) but still don't work.

Thats a simplified example of what I really have going on, for details sake the reality is:
A border layout, with the center region set to Scroll.AUTOY. The center region then has various things (ContentPanels/LayoutContainers) added including a CollumnLayout at the bottom - in the left collumn is text (slightly larger than viewable area) and on the right is the form which expands as you choose options. Neither the text (which is just out of view already) nor the form (which can expand to about 2 * viewable height) activate the scrollbars on firefox. It would appear Firefox doesn't care to detect the height of the individual collumns? (Text is already just large enough to warrant a scrollbar on loading)

I would put an example jpg up but photobucket refuses to let me login. Will add it when I can. Thanks kindly for help :)

Arno.Nyhm
1 Sep 2009, 3:55 AM
yuo can add the example pictures as attachment in this forum. use the button "advanced editor" (not the quick reply funktion) and below you can manage attachments.

pls. also post example code snippets

Feltros
1 Sep 2009, 2:14 PM
Picture attached, will do a code-snippet tomorrow when I have the time.

This is with scrollbar set to ALWAYS - notice its showing up but is clearly masked, and the drop down boxes are rendering outside the visible area.

Arno.Nyhm
2 Sep 2009, 2:27 AM
maybe you have some nested subpanels where the overlapping take place and not at the panel where you set the scrollbar mode