PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Bug in unlocking Grid columns

maya
19 Jun 2007, 6:54 AM
Hi,

I created a Grid and defined in its ColumnModel some columns that are locked (locked: true).
These columns were not the first ones defined in the ColumnModel (e.g. I locked columns #3 and #7).

Then, I tried to unlock the last locked column (in this example: column #7) - and the first columns disappeared from the Grid (in this example: column #3). When I look at

When I right-click on the Grid header -> columns I see column #3 in a checked status. checking and unchecking it - doesn't return this column to the Grid.

This doesn't happen if:
1. the columns are locked manually after the Grid was rendered.
2. The first locked column is unlocked.

Please fix this bug,
Thanks,
Maya

jack.slocum
19 Jun 2007, 7:48 AM
That's a known "limitation". Locked columns must be the first columns in the grid.

maya
19 Jun 2007, 8:06 AM
Are you going to fix it?

tryanDLS
19 Jun 2007, 8:51 AM
Jack said 'limitation', not 'bug'. When that feature was requested/built, the goal was to provide the ability to have a number of columns from the left stay fixed an allow the others to move. This would provide the ability to have some key field always visible, while everything could move. Given the inherent performance issue with repainting grids that already exists, I don't see random locking happening. Also, what would be the usability of this 'feature'? Would you expect to lock a middle column and have horizontal scrolling areas on both sides?

jack.slocum
19 Jun 2007, 8:56 AM
As Tim said, it's not broken. Locked columns must be the first columns in the grid. You can not lock arbitrary columns.