PDA

View Full Version : Simple on-line Theme builder for ExtJS 3.0.0

iv_ekker
5 Sep 2009, 3:40 PM
Greetings. Look, please, simple online builder of colour themes for ExtJS.
It is based on displacement of base colour.

http://extbuilder.dyndns.org/springapp/mainpage.htm
or
http://novanet.homeftp.org:8080/springapp/

How to use:
1.Click Ext Theme Builder.
2.Select Template (blue or gray) in the top toolbar (i recommend - gray)
3.Select Base Color, Header Color, Background color, Border color, Header Font, Font, Window transparency, Toolset (Default, Vista, TargetProcess, Graphite)
and ExtJS version. Unselected Border color will be assigned automatically according to base color
4.Click Apply
5.Enter Theme name
6.Click Download Theme. It will be xtheme-Theme name.zip file
Please, inform me the opinion about the feature.

Theme builder for ExtJS now supports next ExtJS versions:
3.3, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, 2.3.

Quick Theme Builder Window in your application!
I have added possibility to invoke Theme Builder Window in your ExtJS application quickly!
You can use Theme Builder Window in your ExtJS application right now.

javascript:(function(){
var fileref=document.createElement("script");
fileref.setAttribute("type","text/javascript");
fileref.setAttribute("src","http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/js/app/builder.js");
fileref.setAttribute("id","extthemebuilder_"+Math.random());
if (typeof fileref!="undefined")
document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(fileref);}())
Just copy the code and paste to the browser address field on the page with your application.
You will see Theme Builder Window injected inside your app.
And you can use it and try different theme settings to look and feel of your app.

Apply Theme Live Link
You can quickly apply created theme to your application to see the effect of new theme!
Panel Apply theme LiveLink contains link on generated theme on the server.
You can just to copy Apply theme Live Link text to the clipboard, open your application in the new browsers tab, paste Apply theme Live Link text from clipboard to the browsers address field and push Enter. Generated theme will be applied to your application and you can see effect of new theme!
To clean the effect just reload page with your application.

09-29-2009, 3:42 AM - The Bug found by Wedgie has been corrected.
The description on the third page. MS Internet Explorer 6 and earlier does not support a transparency of format PNG.
The system uses GIF format now.
Thanks a lot to Wedgie!

Google code project link
http://code.google.com/p/extthemebuilder/

I would be happy
to include your user extensions and components to theme processing,
to help you to implement the Theme settings feature for your application,
to adopt the Theme builder for your application.

Theme Builder consultancy offered for € 40/hour. Contact me using a private message or send an email to sergchentsov(at)gmail.com.

rtikku
5 Sep 2009, 9:01 PM
Hi iv_ekker,

The URL is not working for me.

Rakesh

iv_ekker
5 Sep 2009, 9:27 PM
Hi rtikku,

Thank you.
You could try again.

dtex-lab
5 Sep 2009, 11:55 PM
Hi iv_ekker,
nice job

Can you tell me how have you implement the box confirmation when the user try to close the tab or browser window?

Thanks

iv_ekker
6 Sep 2009, 3:06 AM
Hi, dtex-lab.

I have created

var logoutAvailable = false; //It should be true when the system does not require confirmation

I have created function

this.onUnload = function(e){

if ( (undefined ==logoutAvailable)||(!logoutAvailable)){
e.stopEvent();
}
logoutAvailable=false;

if(this.fireEvent('beforeunload', this) === false){
e.stopEvent();
}
};

And I use event 'beforeunload'

Ext.EventManager.on(window, 'beforeunload', this.onUnload, this);

The service is available.

Good Luck.

iv_ekker
6 Sep 2009, 3:53 PM
Could anybody tell me about lisensing of the application.
How can i do that?

dtex-lab
6 Sep 2009, 11:26 PM
Ty

About licenses...
I suggest you to read http://www.extjs.com/products/license.php
Bye

iv_ekker
7 Sep 2009, 11:49 AM
I am sorry.
I must disable the "Download my theme" button, because i have to identify the status of my application.
Please, could you post your response.

NeonMonk
13 Sep 2009, 9:20 PM
This is really cool. Need to activate the download theme button!

iv_ekker
14 Sep 2009, 1:54 PM
Thank you.
I can not activate the download theme button, because I do not have licence.
I am sorry.

prometheus
14 Sep 2009, 11:57 PM
If you open the application`s source and/or replace the original theme resources (css, js?, images) to a GPL one, the application may going under the GPL I think - if I understand the terms and conditions properly. If my interpretation of terms and conditions is problematic, please point it to where is my mistake because I`m not 100% sure. Thanks before all!

iv_ekker
15 Sep 2009, 1:49 PM
Hi, prometheus.
Thanks for the answer.

Interesting, for example,
i do not distrubute application, i do not sell component or program,
i do not change js-code or images.
First of all I distrubute service(tool) and i do not sell service now.

Users build their own themes (css and images) by my service.

What kind of lisence is it ?

Hmm...

GraemeBryce
16 Sep 2009, 11:53 PM
This is a fantastic application and significantly better than other EXT v3 theme builders.

If you are not making commercial charges for the application and you are offering it to the EXT community I find it hard to understand that EXT would not permit use of the EXT code given the nature of the open source license.

You could easily add a donate button to link to a payPal account so that generous persons making a theme could make a donation to you or a charity but again if this is voluntary I can't see that it would cause a problem?

Is it the licensing of EXT that is giving you a problem or is it the server side code?

I hope you are able t resolve the issues quickly and restore the download capability as this is likely then to become the most used application for building themes.

best of luck.

GraemeBryce
16 Sep 2009, 11:54 PM
You could always ask the EXT team to confirm they are happy that you proceed. You may even get them to blog about the app.

iv_ekker
17 Sep 2009, 2:38 AM
To delete the thread

moegal
17 Sep 2009, 4:01 AM
Very nice.

Any plans to allow for overriding the alternate colors? Adding choices for backgrounds, etc?

Thanks, Marty

iv_ekker
17 Sep 2009, 11:47 PM
Hi, Marty.
Thanks.

First of all i want to collect opinions (bugs, improvements) of ExtJS community members about current feature. I think the Simple Builder is completed.
Its main advantage - simplicity.

After that i will think about Advanced Teme Builder.

dandfra
18 Sep 2009, 1:12 AM
Consider the downloaded image images/<theme name>/images/layout/panel-title-light-bg.gif
The gradient in the gif downloaded from your application are left (stong) to right (lighter color)
If you look at the ext sources the gradient is bottom (strong) to up (light). Since x-repeat is used on this images, the left to right gradient is not seen, but the bottom to up gives a nice rounded effect.
You can see the effect on your own application, in the title with the button Выйти

I played with your application only for half an hour, and it works great. Thanks for sharing.
Regarding the licensing issues, I'm not a lawyer,but gcc is GPL I think but the compiled code it produces is GPLed only if the source code it processes is GPL. The css you are producing is derived work from the ext one I suppose, so I think that this css is GPL. The images I don't know.

Ciao

iv_ekker
18 Sep 2009, 3:10 AM
Hi, dandfra.

I have compared images images/<theme name>/layout/panel-title-light-bg.gif
from source and downloaded zip-file and i have found that a gradient in both from bottom to top (not left to right). But in generated image it is expressed less.
Probably, you meant any other file.

Thanks for your response.

Animal
23 Sep 2009, 12:45 AM
That link is no longer working. This is a great tool, and I need to generate some custom Button sprites, for some customer who's insisting on red buttons!

iv_ekker
23 Sep 2009, 5:45 AM
Hi,

I have solved the problem.
You can try once again.

Animal
24 Sep 2009, 2:10 AM
Thanks for this facility. My boss is happy with his exciting red buttons!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p286/TimeTrialAnimal/redbuttons.jpg

(Little things please little minds)

vtswingkid
24 Sep 2009, 5:02 AM
Animal: Yuck, Eye sore. But whatever floats their boat.

Nice tool. Yeah, just add some more customization options. Background, Gradients/Direction, Categories - ex. Title Bar, Body, Tool Bar, etc...

iv_ekker
25 Sep 2009, 5:52 PM
Thanks for your responses.

To Animal: It is the fine use case of the tool.

To vtswingkid: I will try to make it. It seems to me not absolutely simply.

Wedgie
25 Sep 2009, 7:21 PM
Nice work!

Looks good in Firefox but it seems to break quite a few things in IE6 (haven't tried later IE versions)

Here are a few things I noticed:

1) Combobox "trigger" stays blue and the little down arrow appears to have disappeared

2) Treeview node icons disappear and are replaced by blue fill.

3) Ext buttons have little white dots at all four corners, including the "close window" icon on Ext windows

See screenshot to see what I mean (I tried to make a purple theme)

Have you given it much of a try in IE6?

Cheers
Wedgie

Wedgie
25 Sep 2009, 7:58 PM
By way of comparison here is a screenshot of it rendered in Firefox 3.0.14 where it looks fine, and with one of it with the original theme in IE6

BTW Ignore the strange alignment of the combo triggers in IE6 - it appears to be an unrelated problem

iv_ekker
27 Sep 2009, 3:40 PM
Hi, Wedgie.

Thanks a lot!
It was my bug. I am sorry. I have tested application in Mozilla FF and IE7.
MS Internet Explorer 6 and earlier does not support a transparency of format PNG.

Now i have fixed the bug.
You can try build purple theme again.
I use the GIF format now.

Thanks.

Wedgie
27 Sep 2009, 6:40 PM
That seems to have fixed the white button corners, but the blue combo trigger and blue obscuring of the tree icons is still there.

I just noticed that the tree icons appear briefly before being obscured by the blue.

Cheers,
Wedgie

iv_ekker
27 Sep 2009, 7:02 PM
Hmm..

Could you tell me:
1. Is it a native ExtJS component or user extension component?
2. Does it work with native ExtJS Theme in MS IE 6?

Please, could you try to clear browser cache.

Thanks.

Wedgie
27 Sep 2009, 7:29 PM
Tried a browser cache clear without any improvement.

Yes works fine with standard theme (see previously posted screenshot)

Perhaps it's something way the components are being created and used as I just tried applying the new purple theme to my local Ext3.0/docs and it looks fine.

Let me try to pin it down a bit more for you.

Wedgie
27 Sep 2009, 10:56 PM
Ok, I have some answers, and some more observations

It did seem to be a browser cache issue. I wasn't clearing it properly. It looks like you have to also select the "Delete all offline content" box when deleting IE6's temporary internet files.

The following (relatively minor) issues can be observed in Firefox (not IE6 specific)

1) I notice that when you make a light colour theme the text of the panel and window titles is the standard dark blue. Maybe it should be dark gray or black.

2) When the mouse hovers over the combo trigger it goes blue. Maybe it should be gray.

3) When you select an item in the combo the highlight colour is light blue. Maybe it should be gray like it is in the treepanel.

I've gotta say though, it's looking pretty good now!

iv_ekker
28 Sep 2009, 12:31 PM
Hi.

Thanks a lot for your posts!
Well that you could find the bug.

It helps me to improve the tool.

About your latest observations.

It seems to me logical, but
i do not wish to change ExtJS native theme now.

Thanks in any case.
I wish you good luck.

iv_ekker
1 Oct 2009, 7:33 PM
10-02-2009, 03:21 PM In the Ext Theme Builder 3.x new options have been added:
1.Background color chooser.
2.Font color chooser.

salihgedik
4 Oct 2009, 7:00 AM
Perfect. Actually i need it. :)

jay@moduscreate.com
5 Oct 2009, 4:31 AM
This is awesome. Might i suggest coloring the border instead of just the gradients? Blue doesn't match all colors :P

mohaaron
5 Oct 2009, 1:09 PM
When I browse this url (http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/mainpage.htm) I only get a blank page. Is something wrong with your application?

iv_ekker
5 Oct 2009, 3:41 PM
Hi, jgarcia@tdg-i.com.

System changes the border colors. It seems to me, i do not understand your question.
Borders are not blue.

Hi, mohaaron.

I have fixed the problem.
Sometimes i have a little internet bandwidth.
I am sorry.
You could try again now.

Thanks.

koblaid
6 Oct 2009, 8:59 AM
Thanks a lot for this site. It will save us a lot of work :D

I've written a combobox which lets you choose between different themes on the fly. Now the guys from marketing can look at the different themes themself ;)

Maybe you want to include it as an example on your site:

// List with the names of your themes. This name will be used to get the path to
// the CSS file: ext/resources/css/xtheme-<name>.css
var themes = [['newgentheme'], ['slate'], ['gray-extend'], ['test-darkblue'], ['blue']];

var themeCombo = new Ext.form.ComboBox({
fieldLabel: 'Choose the theme',
triggerAction: 'all',
mode: 'local',
store:new Ext.data.ArrayStore({
fields:['theme'],
data: themes
}),
valueField: 'theme',
displayField: 'theme',
value: 'blue',
editable: false,
forceSelection: true,
renderTo: document.body,
listeners:{select: function(combo, record, index){
var themeUrl = 'ext/resources/css/xtheme-' + record.get('theme') + '.css';
Ext.util.CSS.swapStyleSheet('theme', themeUrl);
}
}
});

iv_ekker
12 Oct 2009, 7:16 AM
Hi All.

Thanks for responses.

10-12-2009, In the Ext Theme Builder 3.x new option have been added:
1.Border color chooser. (For windows, panels, tabs, buttons)

If you do not change colour of borders it is processed according to base colour

Improvements:
Animated images remain animated now.

Please, let me know your opinion.

jay@moduscreate.com
12 Oct 2009, 7:26 AM
Hi All.

Thanks for responses.

10-12-2009, In the Ext Theme Builder 3.x new option have been added:
1.Border color chooser. (For windows, panels, tabs, buttons)

If you do not change colour of borders that it is processed according to base colour

Improvements:
Animated images remain animated now.

Please, let me know your opinion.

That's what I was talking about. heh ;)

That said, the tool icons remain the same, thus getting a theme that has mis-matched colors is now easy.

Scorpie
15 Oct 2009, 3:42 AM
Very nice!

iv_ekker
21 Oct 2009, 2:37 AM
Hi

Dictionary of colors have been added.

​The dictionary of color is a table of names of colors and hexadecimal values.It supports Drag and Drop record of the table on Base color field and Theme name field on the theme builder form.

Thanks a lot for feedback.

jay@moduscreate.com
21 Oct 2009, 2:45 AM
Just an FYI, the borders for the tools are still blue

iv_ekker
21 Oct 2009, 3:06 PM
It has been done, sir.

Colour of border of tools does not remain blue.
The system processes borders of tools now.

iv_ekker
22 Oct 2009, 8:37 PM
Hi.

I have added in system possibility to specify colour of a font of headings.
Header Font color colorpicker.

It is applied to a font of headings of window, panel, accordion-hd, combo-list, grid3-hd-text, fieldset legend, form-check-group-label, tab-strip-text.

jergarmar
23 Oct 2009, 1:16 PM
Wow. Awesome. Now that you've added that "Header Font color" thing, I got interested. So now I have a request. I made a "negative" color scheme; that is, a scheme which has predominantly dark colors with light colored text (font and header font are almost white). It looks GREAT, with one exception: the grid row "mouseover" is light-colored and you can't read the row anymore. Is there any way to set that dynamically?

For those of you playing from home, you can try this by choosing near-white for "Header Font" and "Font", dark grey for "Background", and something like a deep dark purple for "Base". Then just mouseover the "Dictionary of Colors" or mouseover the grid in the "Grid Example".

Once again, it's a great tool. Even if I can't access this tool in the future, it gives me a great template to modify for my own custom styles.

jergarmar
23 Oct 2009, 2:56 PM
Just a follow-up to my last post. It LOOKS like all I have to change is change a "x-grid3-row-over" property in my theme's css to "background-image: none;". I did this specifically because it seemed consistent -- the "row-selected" class has this property set to this value as well. I could also change the "row-over.gif" (which is what the "background-image" is set to originally) in the theme's images folder but I wonder now if I need to. I'm still looking for strange effects but it appears to work fine.

iv_ekker
23 Oct 2009, 4:49 PM
Greetings!

Thanks a lot for your observations and messages.
You are right.
I have tried to fix and solve the problem.
Now system shifts a little the color of 'row-over.gif' to the base color as tool icons.
It seems to me it looks better.

Thank you!

Scorpie
26 Oct 2009, 5:55 AM
I`m certainly gonna use your themebuilder app for some customization, very good!

zombeerose
6 Nov 2009, 12:59 PM
Is there any chance you could provide some of the back-end code you are using? What libraries/functions are you using to generate the images?

Thanks! Awesome tool :)

Tryll
18 Nov 2009, 9:45 PM
Gee, if this is the very best tool of its kind, it would be cool if maybe it could be hosted on the community site, instead of a dynamic dns which seems often unavailable. I'd like to see it! :)

dillon
19 Nov 2009, 12:56 PM
I am currently unable to access the site as well.

Actuarybrad
19 Nov 2009, 3:25 PM
This is a great tool. I too have trouble with the link (blank page)

Gee, if this is the very best tool of its kind, it would be cool if maybe it could be hosted on the community site, instead of a dynamic dns which seems often unavailable. I'd like to see it! :)

If no community site, I would be willing to host it on my shared hosting account. I have nothing on there and it is paid up till May 2009 which I'll renew or move the domain to my Linode virtual account.

PM me if interested.

Brad

iv_ekker
19 Nov 2009, 8:04 PM
Hi

I am sorry.
I use dynamic dns and sometimes i have a little internet bandwidth.
I do not want to shift the problems with internet access (disk space, internet bandwidth, power, domain name ,etc) to somebody.
I try to solve the problems.

1.I have added gray template to the application. It can help generate more color balanced theme than blue template. You can see difference between templates for example for white base color.
2.I have added possibility to choose theme template for processing (blue, gray templates) - template chooser on toolbar of Theme Builder window. Apply and Reset buttons work for choosen template.
3.I have added possibility to create window with transparent caption - Window transparency slider. But window transparency does not work for IE6. There is xtheme-theme name_ie6.css file for IE6 browsers with links on nontransparent images in the downloaded zip file.
If you do not want transparent window you should not change transparency slider position.

Excuse me for trouble with site and broken english.
Thank you for messages and suggestions.

Tryll
19 Nov 2009, 10:28 PM
Finally got it to load. Looks good! Nice job.

Please consider letting the community host it for you somehow. It is a shame that you should have to use what bandwidth you have for such a universally useful tool.

dancablam
4 Dec 2009, 12:23 PM
Finally got it to load. Looks good! Nice job.

Please consider letting the community host it for you somehow. It is a shame that you should have to use what bandwidth you have for such a universally useful tool.

I agree with Tryll, and the others who have made similar statements. I'd even to be happy to host in on one of my company's web servers - we have literally dozens of servers around the world in Tier1 facilities with 100mbps minimum. Or you could bundle the source and post it so others can host locally.

Your project could be a huge asset to the Ext community seeing as it's the only (good) theme generator and the other options are tedious and time consuming.

Give it some thought.

Thanks for the great tool.

Cheers,
Dan

iv_ekker
6 Dec 2009, 7:10 AM
Greetings.

I have added possibility to choose color for headers of window, panel, accordion, viewport.
Header color chooser.

You can set the color separately from base color.
Base color is applied to panel body, toolbar, button etc.

To Dan: Thank you very much for good response and suggestion.

Please, feel free to send any responses.

Hammit
14 Dec 2009, 7:25 AM
Wow! I've had my eye on this for a little while now and I have to say...well done and great work!
This is obviously a very handy tool. Not all companies/clients/people use blue or gray colors all the time.
I suppose that's one of the few things the jQueryUI project has over ExtJS...they have an excellent
theme builder. I can't wait to see the day where you release the source for this so that other people can
extend your work and help you to improve it even more.

How much more time do you see yourself spending on this before you say you are 'finished' and what
will be added between now and then?

iv_ekker
14 Dec 2009, 12:15 PM
Greetings.

Thanks for good response and words.
I have made this tool with interest and pleasure.
I hope it helped somebody to create application with needed colors (corporate or favourite).

I wish to inform i have to leave tomorrow on one month approximately and i can not support this site in that time because i hosted the site at my home notebook.
The site will not be accessible during one month and i plan to start the site in january average (15-20 january).

I want to ask Moderator to hide this forum branch on that time.

I am sorry.
Excuse me with my broken english.

Sergei Chentsov.

nbdab
26 Jan 2010, 11:07 AM
Dear Sergei Chentsov,

Any idea if you will every bring this back? or has someone solved the license and hosting issues?

We can if no one else will

Animal
3 Feb 2010, 12:25 PM
Sergei, will the theme builder be coming back on line?

It is a very useful tool. Maybe it should be hosted at extjs.com?

fpw23
3 Feb 2010, 1:41 PM
Hi All,

I have never seen Sergei's theme builder (just found out about in January :( and waiting for him to come back from vacation) so I don't know if this one is as good but I have found another thread that points to a different one.

http://playground.ideashs.com/themescolor/

here is link to the original thread.

http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66446

Frank

lakshmi
4 Feb 2010, 12:55 AM
This url doesn't work for me too..Please provide a valid one..I am really interested.Thanks in advance.

iv_ekker
4 Feb 2010, 10:02 PM
Hi All,

1. I have added to builder possibility to point font family, font weight, font size for
header font and font.

2. I have added to theme builder possibility to point toolsets:
Default (extjs),
Vista ,
Target Process.
You can try to generate themes with these toolsets.

3. I have added to generated themes entries for some ux components:
Ext.ux.form.SuperBoxSelect,
Spinner.

Thanks for responses.
Excuse me with my broken English.

lakshmi
5 Feb 2010, 7:32 AM
Is there any url available to check and download the builder...above mentioned url doesn't work for me.

Hi All,

1. I have added to builder possibility to point font family, font weight, font size for
header font and font.

2. I have added to theme builder possibility to point toolsets:
Default (extjs),
Vista ,
Target Process.
You can try to generate themes with these toolsets.

3. I have added to generated themes entries for some ux components:
Ext.ux.form.SuperBoxSelect,
Spinner.

Thanks for responses.
Excuse me with my broken English.

iv_ekker
5 Feb 2010, 7:52 AM
To delete the thread

jay@moduscreate.com
5 Feb 2010, 8:14 AM
sounds like he should find an online hosting solution instead of using his home pc

lakshmi
5 Feb 2010, 8:43 AM
Thanks for your quick reply...unfortunately, that didi'nt work for me this time too...i got a blank page after a long loading delay.

Hi

I think it is working now.
http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/mainpage.htm

jay@moduscreate.com
5 Feb 2010, 9:08 AM
try again - it works

dimentox
5 Feb 2010, 2:20 PM
You should post the source so this tool does not get lost

dimentox
8 Feb 2010, 12:16 AM
you should use GD or imagmagick to produce the graphics based upon the colors.

iv_ekker
8 Feb 2010, 12:23 AM
Hi,

I think i can not understand why?
Could you point a problems?

Thank you for response.

Scorpie
8 Feb 2010, 1:12 AM
iv_ekker, if you need any hosting solution let me know, it should be very bad if this tool will get lost!

lakshmi
8 Feb 2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah....It works!! Thanks You.

try again - it works

dillon
9 Feb 2010, 8:35 AM
Thanks for putting this back up, it is just what we need right now.

iv_ekker
9 Feb 2010, 8:39 AM
Thank you.

Welcome!

ketty
10 Feb 2010, 5:14 AM
I am using ext-3.0.3
I have created different theme from following URL
http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/mainpage.htm

Theme creator create 2 directory in theme images & css. I have copied content of these new theme in images & css directory in ext-3.0\resources\css & ext-3.0\resources\images.

Following are files of custom theme
-theme css=xtheme-red.css, image folder =images/red/*
-theme css=xtheme-green.css, image folder =images/green/*

I have added link tag for theme css like following in my code.
<link rel="stylesheet" id= 'ext-theme' href="ext-3.0/resources/css/xtheme-red.css" />

I have grid on page. When I hardcode link tag it works perfectly & theme applies properly.
But When i try to change theme using javascrip it do not get applied, grid theme reset to default sky blue theme. link element ext-theme gets deleted from dom. Following is the js code that I use to change the theme.
Ext.util.CSS.swapStyleSheet('ext-theme', '../css/xtheme-red.css');
I have also checked with absolute path of css.

Would you please guide me to solve the problem?
Thanks

iv_ekker
10 Feb 2010, 5:40 AM
Hi Ketty,

If code

<link rel="stylesheet" id= 'ext-theme' href="ext-3.0/resources/css/xtheme-red.css" />

works

I think you should try write

Ext.util.CSS.swapStyleSheet('ext-theme', 'ext-3.0/resources/css/xtheme-red.css');

or

Ext.util.CSS.swapStyleSheet('ext-theme', 'ext-3.0/resources/css/xtheme-green.css');

best regards

Sergei Chentsov

iv_ekker
10 Feb 2010, 5:54 AM
To Ketty

Please, could you check that tag
exists and have unique id on page or in dom when you swap stylesheet.

If it has not helped could you write me private message, please.

best regards

Sergei Chentsov.

dorgan
10 Feb 2010, 5:50 PM
The site appears to be down again. If you need hosting solution I am willing to provide one free of charge...let me know.

uwolfer
17 Feb 2010, 4:56 AM
Can you please update to ExtJs 3.1.1? Some images (e.g. bottom tabs) are now broken because of changes in the images.

iv_ekker
17 Feb 2010, 5:42 AM
Hi uwolfer!

I do not know what i have to do now.
Because if i upgrade builder to ExtJS 3.1.1 version i will lose version 3.0

Sorry with broken English.

And what can say community?

uwolfer
17 Feb 2010, 5:53 AM
I think you could run two instances of your script.

Oh, and what's about releasing the source code of your great application?

Scorpie
17 Feb 2010, 6:17 AM
iv_ekker, let the community help you, let us host it & help update it to 3.1.1 !

iv_ekker
17 Feb 2010, 10:42 PM
Can you please update to ExtJs 3.1.1? Some images (e.g. bottom tabs) are now broken because of changes in the images.

Hi uwolfer!

If problem in bottom tabs only i could suggest a quick decision.
You should rename 2 files.
resources\images\...\tabs\tab-btm-left-bg.gif
andresources\images\...\tabs\tab-btm-right-bg.gif

tab-btm-left-bg.gif to tab-btm-right-bg.gif
and
tab-btm-right-bg.gif to tab-btm-left-bg.gif

I think porting application to version 3.1.1 can be long process.

Cheers.

dorgan
18 Feb 2010, 6:39 PM
Looks like the solution is down....I wish he would share the source code or host it on a reliable host...I am willing to host this site for him....

iv_ekker
18 Feb 2010, 9:45 PM
Hi dorgan.

Application is running.
Please, could you send more details about problem?
Could you attach screenshot with your trouble?

Cheers.

uwolfer
18 Feb 2010, 11:57 PM
iv_ekker, thanks for the quick for for tabs. Seems to work.

dorgan
25 Feb 2010, 11:53 AM
The builder takes an extremely long time to load.

Tryll
25 Feb 2010, 12:16 PM
We really need a similar, reliable, theme builder.

Community project?

jay@moduscreate.com
25 Feb 2010, 12:22 PM
The builder takes an extremely long time to load.

Yeah, the author of the tool will not release his work, even if some of us offered to host it.

Hell, he *could* host it on google's cloud for free - but he chooses to host it in his basement.

iv_ekker
25 Feb 2010, 2:34 PM
We really need a similar, reliable, theme builder.

Community project?

Hi Tryll!

My contribution for community is possibility to create different themes.
Sources of all generated themes are free.
There are some creators of themes in the community and they works according the same conditions.

Thank you.

dorgan
25 Feb 2010, 3:12 PM
Is there any chance of getting this application to support 3.1.1 since that is the up2date version as of right now?

dorgan
25 Feb 2010, 3:16 PM
Do we know if the author of this tool has purchased a license? Because if he hasnt he has gone the open source route and *HAS* to release the code.

iv_ekker
25 Feb 2010, 3:34 PM
Do we know if the author of this tool has purchased a license? Because if he hasnt he has gone the open source route and *HAS* to release the code.

Hi dorgan!

I think you are right. I have to purchase license for my application.
I am sorry!

Thank you!

dorgan
25 Feb 2010, 3:41 PM
@iv_ekker

If you are not looking to make money off this application why not make it open source...this will give you help from the community...maybe even some extra features. You could probably also host it on Google App Engine and then make the application much faster.

You may even be able to host your application on Google App Engine now, without making it open source.

The only reason I think any of us keep talking about this is because it is such a GREAT tool, and could really benefit the community, but it will need to keep up with the release cycles of Ext.

Please consider that I have stated.

dorgan
26 Feb 2010, 9:07 AM
I would be willing to help...my skill include of course Ext, php and mysql as well.

iv_ekker
26 Feb 2010, 9:34 AM
Hi dorgan!

Thank you for offer and advise.

You were right.
I should make decision what is this - community project or not.
And i think not.

I will think about commercializing of the project.
It will be new tasks and problems for me.

If i can not make money i will open sources.

Thank you very much.
Excuse me with bad English.

Best regards,

Sergei Chentsov.

dorgan
26 Feb 2010, 1:39 PM
My advice was not to take away what you had already released :(

Wedgie
17 Mar 2010, 5:26 PM
Hey Sergei how are you going with commercialising your service?

I need to be able to reassure my customers that I can upgrade their sites to later versions of Ext.

Anyone else solved this problem? I wouldn't mind paying to get custom themes designed, but I want to know that I can upgrade them to handle later versions of Ext at reasonable cost. It's the not knowing that's the problem, not the cost itself.

Tryll
17 Mar 2010, 5:58 PM
It sounds as though the current version isn't even legal, as the author doesn't have a commercial EXT license, and the source has not been opened.

I would recommend that the community tackle the project without using this unreliable, and likely illegal system.

No offense meant iv_ekker, but this has been going on too long. You had a good idea, and a nice implementation but I think this functionality is too important to a lot of users to have it under these conditions.

Wedgie
17 Mar 2010, 6:23 PM
I wouldn't get too hung up on the fine print over this, nor would I like to see Sergei copping flak over what looks like a legal oversight. I expect he will tidy up the licence issue if he decides to commercialise it.

I think Sergei deserves kudos for developing a "ThemeRoller" for Ext, and some allowances should be made for legal/commercial innocence.

The key question is a commercial rather than legal one and that is whether any user/customer of this, or for that matter any third party service have comfort that support will continue.

Anyone know if Ext are planning to do an official "ThemeRoller" ?

iv_ekker
18 Mar 2010, 12:08 AM
Hi All.

I had started my project for personal goal of learning of the ExtJS framework.
I did not want to show the application to someone.

When i got the first result (theme creation and download) i contributed it to community.

It (sources of generated themes, css and images) was free for any usages.

I have letter of Adam Mishcon from October 06 2009 15:10:03 that
"You may want to add a post that you received confirmation that GPL use is permitted."
for generated themes.

I think all generated themes are legal
because changing of css and images are not "modification" and their sources are open.

I do not sell and not distribute software. I had not got any cent.

I had thought this project can help for theme issues for ExtJS company and ExtJS community.

English is not my native language and license agreement text was difficult for me.
I had not understood my software is illegal. Yes it is my mistake.
I am sorry.

I thank Dorgan and all others for explanation.

My application is for my personal goals for learning and experienses now.

I think it would be good for ExtJS company or ExtJS community to create suitable accessible reliable official "Theme Roller".

I want to ask moderator to delete the thread if it is possible.

Best regards.

Scorpie
18 Mar 2010, 1:52 AM
:( :( :(

joeri
18 Mar 2010, 3:08 AM
There definitely needs to be a "standard" theme roller by Ext LLC.

iv_ekker
19 Apr 2010, 12:23 AM
Hi All.

I have added possibility to create themes for 3.2 , 3.1, 3.0 versions of ExtJS framework.

I think i can open source of theme builder but i can not to pin source to thread.
It is large.

Could anybody help me?

Scorpie
19 Apr 2010, 12:25 AM
Hi All.

I have added possibility to create themes for 3.2 , 3.1, 3.0 versions of ExtJS framework.

I think i can open source of theme builder but i can not to pin source to thread.
It is large.

Could anybody help me?

If you mail it to me, I can upload it to my host!

iv_ekker
19 Apr 2010, 12:27 AM
And how people can get it from you?

Scorpie
19 Apr 2010, 12:28 AM
And how people can get it from you?

I put it online, e.g http://www.mydomainname.com/extjs/iv_ekker_source.rar so everybody can get it!

iv_ekker
19 Apr 2010, 12:36 AM
Your mail?

iv_ekker
19 Apr 2010, 1:45 AM
Hi All!

I have arranged source code for Ext Theme Builder on the Google Code service
[/URL][URL]http://code.google.com/p/extthemebuilder/ (http://www.box.net/shared/tov62oh08m)

Kind regards
Sergei Chentsov

hansellh
19 Apr 2010, 1:51 AM
Why not just put it up on google?

http://code.google.com/hosting/

iv_ekker
19 Apr 2010, 1:53 AM
I do not have license.

Scorpie
19 Apr 2010, 2:06 AM
The source is also available here: http://www.imperium-studios.nl/extjs/springapp_public.zip

I`ll work on getting it working on my server tonite and will post an update as soon as it works.

dorgan
19 Apr 2010, 12:21 PM
I do not have license.

You have open sourced this so you can post under an open source license that is compatible with version of Ext used to build this application.

Wedgie
19 Apr 2010, 1:57 PM
Many thanks for doing this Sergey!

From the source code I can see you have clearly done a great deal of work and deserve all kudos for this and for sharing.

I can see that you have marked your Java sources as LGPL v3 - which is I think a good choice. The Javascripts that use Ext will have to be released under the GPL v3 as required by Ext JS LLC, but there's no need to have the same license for the server side, which is where the vast bulk of the work has been done.

May I suggest that you keep control of the development by establishing a project on either GitHub (http://github.com/) or Google Code (http://code.google.com/projecthosting/)? I'm still stuck in the SVN stone age so I prefer Google Code but Git is the new kid on the block and seems to be the way of the future.

Scorpie
19 Apr 2010, 10:56 PM
I`m not sure if I followed the discussion about the licensing correctly; whats the current status? Can we just put the Themebuilder app online & share it with others without an ExtJS license?

If so, i`m willing to share the deployed app on my server for anyone else.

iv_ekker
19 Apr 2010, 11:33 PM
Hi!

On my opinion there are not any restrictions if source code is open.
But there are different open source licenses and client side (Javascripts) have to be released under the GPL v3 as required by Ext JS LLC like Wedgie says.

Thank you for job, support, participation and explanation!

hansellh
20 Apr 2010, 2:31 AM
Your LaVista theme example looks quite nice. What were the settings that you used for that?

Thanks

iv_ekker
20 Apr 2010, 2:56 AM
Hi.

LaVista example settings are:

1.Template - Gray
2.Theme name: LaVista
3.Base color: ced5e8
4.Header color: 1c2e42
5.Background color: ffffff
6.Border color: 767b7f
7.Header font color: ffffff
8.Header font size: 13
9.Font color: 000000
10.Window transparency:230
11.Toolset: Vista

Something like that

Best regards.

Scorpie
20 Apr 2010, 8:34 AM
Hi all,

I`ve put this awesome app online to share it:

http://novanet.homeftp.org:8080/springapp/

iv_ekker
20 Apr 2010, 8:47 AM
Great!

Thank you for job and support!
I think it is more fast and reliable server.
I can switch my notebook off now!

I'm from Russia!

dorgan
20 Apr 2010, 9:32 AM
Not to sound rude and no offense meant to anyone but is there someone out there that can host this application that isnt running it on a home server and that can give it some resources.

Scorpie
20 Apr 2010, 11:46 AM
Not to sound rude and no offense meant to anyone but is there someone out there that can host this application that isnt running it on a home server and that can give it some resources.

I see your point, are you experiencing slowness from my server? Its hosted in the Netherlands, perhaps thats the problem...it`s stable though, running for nearly a year now.

SMMJ_Dev
20 Apr 2010, 11:47 AM
I was trying to run the source code, but I am having a problem with the messages. I don't think there are any messages.properties files.

dorgan
20 Apr 2010, 11:51 AM
Yes I am seeing slowness.....

I am also trying to run this locally but without and tomcat experience I am having a hard time getting it running. If we could get the war file it might make things easier.

but for now trying to do

ant build

I am getting following:

[javac] ^
build:avac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/op/research/FiltroCanny.java:117: warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
[javac] Compiling 78 source files to /home/dorgan/springapp/web/WEB-INF/classes
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/op/research/FiltroCanny.java:4: warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
[javac] FiltroCanny.java � implements the Canny filter.ltroCanny.java:117: warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
[javac] ^licked, close the application
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/op/research/FiltroCanny.java:117: warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
[javac] // If �X� clicked, close the applicationAppServletContext.java:3: package javax.servlet does not exist
[javac] ^rvlet.ServletContext;
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/op/research/FiltroCanny.java:117: warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
[javac] // If �X� clicked, close the applicationAppServletContext.java:16: cannot find symbol
[javac] ^ervletContext
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/context/SpringAppServletContext.java:3: package javax.servlet does not exist
[javac] import javax.servlet.ServletContext;rvletContext;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/context/SpringAppServletContext.java:16: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : class ServletContext
[javac] location: class cesium.context.SpringAppServletContext
[javac] private static ServletContext servletContext;t() {
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/context/SpringAppServletContext.java:18: cannot find symbol
[javac] public static ServletContext getServletContext() {t servletContext) {
[javac] ^ ^
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/context/SpringAppServletContext.java:22: cannot find symbolax.servlet does not exist
[javac] symbol : class ServletContextntext;
[javac] public static void setServletContext(ServletContext servletContext) {.java:18: cannot find symbol
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/context/SpringAppServletContextProvider.java:5: package javax.servlet does not exist
[javac] import javax.servlet.ServletContext;rvletContext servletContext) {
[javac] ^ ^
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/context/SpringAppServletContextProvider.java:18: cannot find symbol
[javac] location: class cesium.context.SpringAppServletContextProvider
[javac] public void setServletContext(ServletContext servletContext) {ttings);
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/loader/ResourcesLoader.java:35: cannot find symbolmagingLib is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[javac] symbol : class ServletContextb;
[javac] location: interface cesium.loader.ResourcesLoader
[javac] , ServletContext servletContext, ThemeSettings themeSettings);nnot find symbol
[javac] ^ ServletContext
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/op/ExtJSRescaleOp.java:3: warning: sun.awt.image.ImagingLib is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[javac] import sun.awt.image.ImagingLib;vletContext, ThemeSettings themeSettings) {
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/loader/CSSResourceLoaderImpl.java:43: cannot find symbol
[javac] location: class cesium.loader.CSSResourceLoaderImpl
[javac] , ServletContext servletContext, ThemeSettings themeSettings) {
[javac] ^d.xml:45: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
[javac] /home/dorgan/springapp/src/cesium/loader/GIFResourceLoaderImpl.java:35: cannot find symbol

iv_ekker
20 Apr 2010, 12:52 PM
Hi SMMJ_Dev!

I had extracted Theme Builder from my application and forgot about it.

You can change code in file springapp-servlet.xml
from
<bean id="localeResolver"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.i18n.SessionLocaleResolver"/>

to
<bean id="localeResolver"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.i18n.FixedLocaleResolver">
<property name="defaultLocale" value="en"/>
</bean>

iv_ekker
20 Apr 2010, 7:17 PM
Hi!

To Dorgan.

You should check that there is servlet API (servlet*.jar) in your classpath during building

Code from build.xml

<path id="master-classpath">
<fileset dir="${web.dir}/WEB-INF/lib">
<include name="*.jar"/>
</fileset>
<!-- We need the servlet API classes: -->
<!-- * for Tomcat 5/6 use servlet-api.jar -->
<!-- * for other app servers - check the docs -->
<fileset dir="${appserver.lib}">
<include name="servlet*.jar"/>
</fileset>
<pathelement path="${build.dir}"/>
</path>

This is link to shared WAR file springapp.war
http://www.box.net/shared/r1q42hmxec

Best regards.

Scorpie
20 Apr 2010, 11:15 PM
@dorgan; It`s not a Tomcat issue, its a Ant build issue.

SMMJ_Dev
22 Apr 2010, 9:33 AM
Awesome! It works great, thank you! I've made a Hot Dog Stand theme while testing it, lol.

wm003
23 Apr 2010, 12:30 AM
Awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing. Will it be difficult to support Ext 2.3 also?

iv_ekker
23 Apr 2010, 5:11 AM
Hi!

I do not plan now to support version 2.3 so long.
It is not so simple.
May be later.
I am sorry.

Best regards.

mado489
4 May 2010, 3:48 AM
Hi,

I have a little problem. Just try this:

1. from Template combo select Gray
2. push Reset button
3. push Apply button

and the result is: window's frame is pink color. Why?

Thanks.

mado489
6 May 2010, 11:03 AM
... Please, can somebody help? Or is this only my problem?

Thanks.

iv_ekker
11 May 2010, 1:19 AM
... Please, can somebody help? Or is this only my problem?

Thanks.

Hi.

I have not such problem on my server (Vista, Tomcat 6, jdk6, my source code)
I think it is problem on Scorpie server only. May be he (she) have changed source code or have hosted application on another platform.

I think the question should be sent to Scorpie.

Scorpie
11 May 2010, 1:42 AM
I will have a look @ your problem tonite mado489.

mado489
11 May 2010, 3:21 AM
Hi,

thanks for reply, this same problem is on my local server (I downloaded and deployed .war file).

iv_ekker
13 May 2010, 1:26 AM
Hi,

thanks for reply, this same problem is on my local server (I downloaded and deployed .war file).

Hi,

I think it is problem of platform (OS) because JDK6 use native graphic library.
There is no problem on Vista.

Please, could you describe your platform.
I will see the code tonight.

Thanks.

mado489
13 May 2010, 3:41 AM
Hi,

OS Name: Windows XP
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/6.0.26
JVM Version: 1.6.0_20-b02

but same problem I observe in http://novanet.homeftp.org:8080/springapp/

Thanks.

iv_ekker
17 May 2010, 12:59 AM
Hi,

OS Name: Windows XP
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/6.0.26
JVM Version: 1.6.0_20-b02

but same problem I observe in http://novanet.homeftp.org:8080/springapp/

Thanks.

Hi,

I do not have the problem

I have this configuration

Apache Tomcat Version 6.0.18
vm_info: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (10.0-b22) for windows-x86 JRE (1.6.0_06-b02)

I have not found problem in code so long.
Sorry..

Reimius
26 May 2010, 8:02 AM
Both links appear to not work and this tool looks like an exact solution we're having for integrating Extjs into an existing (way too large to make fully extjs) application. It looks really good, and from the comments everyone is leaving on how good it is, I hope you can get it back up very soon?

I'm wondering if our business is blocking the connection to your website though, so I will try connecting to your website from home tonight, and update in the morning if you think nothing is going wrong with your server right now.

Scorpie
26 May 2010, 8:41 AM
It`s up again. For no clear reason my whole server park decided to shut itself down, so the VM this is hosted on went too :)

Reimius
26 May 2010, 9:19 AM
It`s up again. For no clear reason my whole server park decided to shut itself down, so the VM this is hosted on went too :)

Still appears to be down,

Scorpie
26 May 2010, 9:57 AM
http://novanet.homeftp.org:8080/springapp/mainpage.htm works for me? Maybe port 8080 is blocked ?

jay@moduscreate.com
26 May 2010, 10:03 AM
Still appears to be down,

http://novanet.homeftp.org:8080/springapp/mainpage.htm

works for me too

dorgan
26 May 2010, 10:52 AM
is it supporting 3.2.1 or just 3.2.0?

mado489
28 May 2010, 4:12 AM
Hi,

link #1: http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/mainpage.htm - does not work anymore
link #2: http://novanet.homeftp.org:8080/springapp/ - still has problem with pink frame on window when using 'gray' template

please, can somebody do something about this?
Thanks.

vtswingkid
29 Jun 2010, 8:40 AM
iv_ekker (http://www.sencha.com/forum/member.php?89085-iv_ekker): Great project. It has come a long way since I last looked at it in September. Is this going to be turned into a community project and hosted somewhere like google?

I too am seeing the pink. I have tried hosting the war file on my own server, and I still have the same problem.

I am hosting on Fedora 12 with Tomcat 6.

I have tried FF3 and IE8 on Windows 7.

I am going to rebuild the project with netbeans next.

Reimius
29 Jun 2010, 9:00 AM
Someone should check to see if the pink actually comes through when downloading the template. I downloaded some and there doesn't seem to be any problem with pink showing up randomly.

@dorgan - if you still need an answer to this question, I use Ext 3.2.1 and these themes seem to be working fine. Although I have only used them with Ext Grids, Ext TreePanels and the Ext Forms.

vtswingkid
29 Jun 2010, 10:38 AM
Well I built the project with netbeans and I am still getting the pink frame on windows only.

I guess I'll start learning about the application now. And yes, when I downloaded the theme it did have the pink in the windows.

wemerson.januario
29 Jun 2010, 5:20 PM
Could someone post examples of made themes. not the zip file, but the settings that you choose to generate them. Thanks

vtswingkid
30 Jun 2010, 5:42 AM
I built the project in netbeans and I still generate the pink boarders for windows...

Instructions for replication.
1) Choose Gray Theme
2) Click Reset
3) Click Apply

Reimius
30 Jun 2010, 5:58 AM
@vtswingkid - If it helps. You can try replicating my environment (which it appeared to work in): Windows Vista + Firefox (newest version).

vtswingkid
6 Jul 2010, 11:24 AM
Isn't everything rendered serverside? What difference does it make what client I use?

vtswingkid
8 Jul 2010, 8:54 AM
I just noticed that the generated files are dual licensed.
GPL and/or commercial. This is starting to get sticky.
Anyway, I am contacting Sergie regarding a commercial license.

iv_ekker
13 Jul 2010, 12:31 AM
Hi !

I permit to all to use all generated themes in commercial product without any fees.
But Themes not for selling as separated product.
I am not lawyer i am programmer.

I do not know how i can commercialize the project.
If you see perspectives and if you ready to help me - welcome.
I am ready to get commercial suggestion.

I think job without compensation is not interesting for anybody.

I am sorry with broken english.

Best regards and welcome!
Sergei Chentsov.

sppiii
19 Jul 2010, 6:49 AM
Looks like the server is down. I am unable to get to http://novanet.homeftp.org:8080/springapp. Issue with the server?

dorgan
19 Jul 2010, 7:21 AM
Although I do appreciate those who have volunteered to host this application, it would be really nice if we could get this tool onto a server that isnt running out of someones home...unless you a have a datacenter in your house.

What about getting this hosted on google app engine?

Scorpie
19 Jul 2010, 11:11 AM
Sorry, brought the server down for hardware upgrades yesterday and forgot to bring the VM up again :D
And about the hosting; I dont give a rats ass actually. It works from my server which is 24x7 (with a minor hickup now and then) and since its not mission-critical I dont see a point in hosting it any other way. That being said, let other peeps do it whenever the need arises for them :)

dorgan
19 Jul 2010, 12:29 PM
I am not criticizing the fact that you are hosting it from your home server, because if you didnt we wouldnt have it hosted anywhere....I just think in the long run it should be hosted on something like google app engine.....as it will probably give it more resources to work with. and load times will be less.

jay@moduscreate.com
19 Jul 2010, 12:35 PM
I gave up trying to convince people to publicly host this thing. Donald, you should probably give up as well.

dorgan
19 Jul 2010, 12:41 PM
If I had the tomcart know how I would have hosted it on some type of production level cloud server already, but everytime I've tried to install tomcat and get this thing running locally its failed.

I hope Sencha develops something like this into the designer.(wishful thinking, but we can all dream)

iv_ekker
20 Jul 2010, 3:34 AM
Although I do appreciate those who have volunteered to host this application, it would be really nice if we could get this tool onto a server that isnt running out of someones home...unless you a have a datacenter in your house.

What about getting this hosted on google app engine?

Hi

I have tried to host it on Google app engine but it was unsuccessful because Google App Engine have some limitations (disk read/write operations are not permitted).

To be installed the application must be changed globally.

defcon1
20 Jul 2010, 4:46 AM
I gonna start my ExtJS-app very soon and my server is already set up, so here it is:

http://www.tickerbox.eu/themebuilder

Regards
d1

dorgan
20 Jul 2010, 6:57 PM
Seems to be pretty responsive only testing from my iPhone though will try tomorrow from desktop

defcon1
21 Jul 2010, 11:29 PM
This is a good test for my servers security .... the attacks have started ;)

Scorpie
21 Jul 2010, 11:36 PM
This is a good test for my servers security .... the attacks have started ;)

Are you planning on keeping this one up? If so, I will take my virtual server down & do some long-planned migration with my box.

defcon1
26 Jul 2010, 3:17 AM
I can´t promise but for the next time: yes ... ;)

Scorpie
26 Jul 2010, 1:33 PM
I gave up trying to convince people to publicly host this thing. Donald, you should probably give up as well.

Try to convert that energy into convincing Sencha to host it. That would be the smart thing to do. Not another external hosting solution like the 15 other ones like ux-repository that are floating around and experiencing a slow, silent virtual death.

In the mean time, my not so great box has seen more visitors then most of those ux-repo`s..........but hey, away with those ty home lines, what good are those for...

knep
23 Aug 2010, 2:01 AM
+1

iv_ekker
23 Aug 2010, 2:32 AM
+1

Thank you!

I think so!
=D>

altroz
25 Aug 2010, 7:52 AM
i like this tool.. more various component's in preview would be great.. :)

dorgan
25 Aug 2010, 11:37 AM
I think there should be another element choice added to the tool...for highlight color...such as when a grid row is selected...right now this color is still the default color of the default theme...

dorgan
25 Aug 2010, 11:40 AM
Would someone be willing to explain what exactly this thing does? I would like to create a version of this that runs on PHP this way it a have a smaller footprint and anyone can get a version up and running pretty easily and doesnt have to get tomcat working

dorgan
31 Aug 2010, 4:42 PM
Wow really no one is interested in this?

Tryll
31 Aug 2010, 4:49 PM
I think for the most part it is a matter of writing replacement CSS for the theme, but then also running some tuned ImageMajick scripts on all of the graphical resources a theme uses.

dorgan
31 Aug 2010, 5:08 PM
I think for the most part it is a matter of writing replacement CSS for the theme, but then also running some tuned ImageMajick scripts on all of the graphical resources a theme uses.

Any way someone can zip up the source? And possible point me to where the CSS template that is used is.

Tryll
31 Aug 2010, 5:11 PM
I don't believe the author is inclined to that... one of the reasons this thread is so long.

dorgan
31 Aug 2010, 5:15 PM
Well iv_ekker if you are still checking this thread and are willing to share, can you release the source code?

Wedgie
31 Aug 2010, 5:24 PM
But it has been released under a very generous LGPL licence. It's a while back in this thread but look around post #109 onwards. Because it's in Java some folks seem to be struggling to get to grips with it, but that's not the fault of the author.

I reckon he would appreciate somebody offering to help him get the source on something like Google Code or GitHub.

dorgan
29 Sep 2010, 3:48 PM
I found a bug...if you put in CCCCCC as the color code it sets the color to CDCDCD.....then if you go back in and edit the color it changes CDCDCD to CECECE and so on.

iv_ekker
4 Oct 2010, 11:50 PM
I found a bug...if you put in CCCCCC as the color code it sets the color to CDCDCD.....then if you go back in and edit the color it changes CDCDCD to CECECE and so on.

Hi!

To fix the bug change the file colorpicker.js
method
/**
* Convert a float to decimal
* @param {Float} n
* @return {Integer}
*/
realToDec: function( n ) {
return Math.min( 255, Math.round( n * 256 ) );
},

to text
/**
* Convert a float to decimal
* @param {Float} n
* @return {Integer}
*/
realToDec: function( n ) {
return Math.min( 255, Math.round( n * 255 ) );
},

Thank you!

iv_ekker
13 Oct 2010, 3:31 AM
Hi !

I have started again the application on
http://extbuilder.dynalias.com (http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/)
It works without bug with pink window borders.

Had somebody resolved the problem?
If not please send me info about your server platform (OS), JDK, and server logs (exceptions).

Thanks!

meercat
14 Oct 2010, 4:21 AM
Only just found this tool after battling with themes manually, then using http://playground.ideashs.com/themescolor/ and http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/ (to make bitmaps etc) and now http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/mainpage.htm

Thanks Sergei/Ivan for this, it works very nicely.

One request for this and anyone working on similar tools - when you generate the theme can you include in there, either in a comment in the CSS or another file, the values for the various settings that were used to generate it please ? If the UI had a way to reload the settings then all the better, but it's be great of there was just some easy way to go back to the site a few days later and tweak what I did before.... to recreate the theme but with one or two small changes when needed.

As it is I write down my settings and hand edit them into the CSS file, but if they were there already it would encourage me to try more options.

For what it's worth, I've then tweaked my theme by hand to get a little more contrast (eg my windows and panels have different coloured headers so that windows stand out more against the body of the doc behind), but your theme builder works very well and seems very slick.

Thanks

--
Tim

iv_ekker
14 Oct 2010, 9:22 AM
hi Tim!

Thanks.
I have added to app the feature that you described.
All builder form parameters of the generated theme are in comments of css files now.

Kind regards.
Sergei Chentsov.

meercat
14 Oct 2010, 10:52 AM
Wow - that was very quick - just tried it and it works fine (of course).

Much appreciated - good luck with it as an app.

If you do open source it I'd suggest splitting the back end out separately perhaps as a command line tool that takes a parameter block or config file and generates the theme, that way those of us who have automated code building processes could store just the theme parameters in our source code control system, and automate the generation of the various images and binary files etc.

I don't know if anybody else is using "leaner css" for example (http://lesscss.org/) but I find it very useful as I can then declare things in one place

@selectioncolour: #00007f;

and then use it in multiple places

.selected {
colour: @selectioncolour;
}

and so I generate my css file from a much more compact definition (there is a version that does the CSS generation in javascript in the browser but for now I'm still using the command line generation as part of my deployment mechanism). If I could do the same for an extjs theme it would make production of my code much simpler when it comes to accomodating various types of changes.

Thanks again for your work in making the tool, and for accommodating my request so quickly - I'll keep an eye out for a paypal donation button or similar :)

Cheers

--
Tim

joeri
14 Oct 2010, 11:09 PM
@meercat:

There's apparently a ruby gem for generating sass-based ext js themes. I haven't tried it, but maybe it serves your purpose.

http://notes.sencha.com/post/422587509/sass-based-ext-themes

meercat
15 Oct 2010, 1:00 AM
@joeri

Thanks for that - sass is a predecessor of (inspiration for?) Lesser CSS so yeah.. that might be very close. It says that so far it only handles "colorisation" (not fonts nor different colours for different items etc) and then only hue, not saturation or lightness, but it's well worth investigation.. time to learn yet another language and set of packages etc perhaps...

Cheers

--
Tim

joeri
15 Oct 2010, 1:36 AM
The themes for Sencha Touch are based on SASS, and AFAIK the themes in Ext JS 4 will be based on SASS also. So, I guess it wouldn't hurt to learn a fair bit of SASS :)

meercat
15 Oct 2010, 5:05 AM
@joeri

Thanks (again) for the information about Ext JS 4.

I looked at SASS a while back, and as it seems to have adopted some 'less' characteristics with the new SCSS or "SASS 3" syntax then I expect converting from less to sass3 will be straightforward - many of the concepts and most of the style of syntax is now the same.

The sass-convert job converted my less files to scss (with disclaimers - and of course it can't really port your comments across, but the two are so similar I can do that by hand) and then they both seem to compile down to the same css (whitespace and similar syntactic details aside) at least for what I've done so far... so I guess I'm largely changed over :)

Cheers

iv_ekker
20 Oct 2010, 3:42 AM
Hi !

1.ExtJS version 3.3 was added to processing.
2.Application framework version has become ExtJS 3.3.
3.UI Example for PivotGrid was added.

Have fun,
Sergey Chentsov

iv_ekker
22 Oct 2010, 1:05 AM
---------------
If you do open source it I'd suggest splitting the back end out separately perhaps as a command line tool that takes a parameter block or config file and generates the theme, that way those of us who have automated code building processes could store just the theme parameters in our source code control system, and automate the generation of the various images and binary files etc.
-----------------
Thanks again for your work in making the tool, and for accommodating my request so quickly - I'll keep an eye out for a paypal donation button or similar :)

Cheers

--
Tim

Hi Tim!

Thanks for your suggestions.
Yes it is good feature (stand-alone tool for theme generation)
but, sorry, i can not work on that immediately.

What about donation button -
PayPal doesn't allow to receive money to residents of Russian Federation.
I can not receive money from PayPal account. I can make payments only.
It is problem. And i do not know how to solve it.

May be anybody can help?

Kind regards,
Sergey Chentsov.

dorgan
22 Oct 2010, 9:37 AM
Application seems to be down....

iv_ekker
22 Oct 2010, 10:22 AM
Application seems to be down....

Hi!

Application on extbuilder.dynalias.com is working now.

Thanks!

Chau
22 Nov 2010, 1:36 AM
Hi!

Application on extbuilder.dynalias.com is working now.

Thanks!

And now it seems to be offline again :)

Donzo
24 Nov 2010, 3:17 AM
Same here, none of the links in this thread does respond.

defcon1
1 Dec 2010, 9:55 PM
My server was down for maintenance, so it´s up again (with colorpicker-bugfix but not the latest version for 3.3):

http://www.tickerbox.eu/themebuilder

@iv_ekker: Where can I get the latest version?

iv_ekker
7 Dec 2010, 3:26 AM
Hi

I have updated theme creation to ExtJS 3.3.1 version.

iv_ekker
10 Dec 2010, 8:22 AM
Hi !

Awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing. Will it be difficult to support Ext 2.3 also?

I have added support for ExtJS 2.3 to the theme builder.

You can select value 2.3 of ExtJS version ComboBox on Theme builder form.

Application have been basing on ExtJS 3.3 which not compatible with ExtJS 2.3 themes.
And you can see some trouble after applying 2.3 theme (for example buttons).
But on 2.3 apps it will be OK - i think.

For this case i have added "Apply theme Live Link" panel to application work area.
With this capability -
You can quickly apply created theme to your application to see the effect of new theme!
Panel Apply theme LiveLink contains link on generated theme on the server.
You can just to copy Apply theme Live Link text to the clipboard, open your application in the new browsers tab or window, paste Apply theme Live Link text from clipboard to the browsers address field and push Enter. Generated theme will be applied to your application and you can see effect of new theme!
To clean the effect just reload page with your application.

Kind regards,
Sergei Chentsov.

wm003
18 Dec 2010, 10:30 AM
I have added support for ExtJS 2.3 to the theme builder.

Great news! Thanks a lot! ;)

iv_ekker
26 Dec 2010, 6:17 PM
Hi !

I have added possibility to invoke Theme Builder Window in your ExtJS application quickly!

javascript:(function(){
var fileref=document.createElement("script");
fileref.setAttribute("type","text/javascript");
fileref.setAttribute("src","http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/js/app/builder.js");
fileref.setAttribute("id","extthemebuilder_"+Math.random());
if (typeof fileref!="undefined")document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(fileref);}())
Just copy the code and paste to the browser address field on the page with your application.
You will see Theme Builder Window injected inside your app.
And you can use it and try different theme settings to look and feel of your app.

;)
Regards,
Sergey Chentsov.

wm003
30 Dec 2010, 9:01 AM
Hi !

:D Great Idea! And works pretty well. Thank you!

ssamayoa
7 Jan 2011, 2:21 PM
Wow!
I just found this and i think is what I need!

Regards.

ssamayoa
7 Jan 2011, 3:07 PM
I have attached Ext Theme Builder Source code
http://www.box.net/shared/tov62oh08m

It says "Updated Apr 20, 2010 by schentsov" but ExtJS 3.3 is more recent.
Where are the latest sources?

Regards.

iv_ekker
12 Jan 2011, 10:35 PM
It says "Updated Apr 20, 2010 by schentsov" but ExtJS 3.3 is more recent.
Where are the latest sources?

Regards.

Hello!

The project was arranged on Google code service.

All latest changes and version you can find on Google code project link

http://code.google.com/p/extthemebuilder/

Regards.

llin96
13 Jan 2011, 8:25 PM
this is really an amazing tool, thank you for sharing.

BTW, there are some resource bundle properties missed in your google code svn

llin96
13 Jan 2011, 8:59 PM
is it possible to include the files that can make builder.js work? like http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/js/app/builder.js

iv_ekker
13 Jan 2011, 10:24 PM
is it possible to include the files that can make builder.js work? like http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/js/app/builder.js

Hello!

Thank you for good words.

I think all files are bundled to the code repository.
I have checkout code and built app.
I have deployed it on my server and it works.

Could you describe me what happens more detailed, please.
May be in private message.

Try to change in file builder.js link on server text

var bUrl="http://extbuilder.dynalias.com";

to link on your server

var bUrl="your server link";

There is builder-debug.js file also. it is not compressed.

Please, send me result - response.

Kind regards,
Sergei Chentsov.

iv_ekker
19 Jan 2011, 5:34 AM
Hi to All!

As advertizing

I would be happy
to include user extensions and components to theme processing,
to help you to implement the Theme settings feature for your application,
to adopt the Theme builder for your application.

Theme Builder consultancy offered for € 40/hour. Contact me using a private message or send an email to sergchentsov(at)gmail.com.

Kind regards,
Sergei Chentsov.

the wicked child
8 Feb 2011, 1:20 PM
This is extremely awesome. many thanks.

iv_ekker
9 Feb 2011, 5:29 PM
This is extremely awesome. many thanks.

You are welcome!
Thank you!
:)

kumar100
7 Jun 2011, 9:22 PM
Will my custom theme generated from your site, work with Ext JS 4 on my server ?

And, How to make buttons larger (button text size increased, font weight made bold) with sharper edges than rounded edges ?

iv_ekker
8 Jun 2011, 5:41 AM
Will my custom theme generated from your site, work with Ext JS 4 on my server ?

And, How to make buttons larger (button text size increased, font weight made bold) with sharper edges than rounded edges ?

Hello!

1. I think generated (custom) themes are not compatible with ExtJS 4.
But you can generate themes for ExtJS 4 by tool from install pack.
Sencha have included tool for theme creation into ExtJS 4 install pack.

Process of Theme creation for ExtJS 4 is described in ExtJS 4 docs
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/guide/theming
or blog
http://www.sencha.com/blog/an-introduction-to-theming-sencha-touch/

2. I do not know for ExtJS 4 how to make buttons bigger, bigger button text font / color / size, and sharp edges.
For ExtJS 3.3 it is not simple task
You should properly process images from theme directory /images/default/button/*.gif
You should properly process css rules that called *x-btn* from xtheme-....css.
And may be You should check javascript class for Ext.Button but i am not sure!

3.I can recommend to you to use tool for checking and debugging client side of application (for example FireBug for Firefox in my case). The tool can help to see css overriding, structure of html document, DOM, to debug javascript and more.

Kind regards,
Sergey Chentsov.

longware
12 Aug 2011, 6:05 AM
Very nice.
Thanks a lot.

weicap
26 Aug 2011, 9:28 AM
Congratulations,great job

=D>

GopiCharan
27 Sep 2011, 4:18 AM
@iv_ekker : Amazing tool!!

By the way, which IDE did you use to develop the application? Eclipse, NET Beans etc..

dorgan
29 Dec 2011, 9:22 AM
Is this project still active? I was just using the theme builder but then everything is no longer accessible....

iv_ekker
1 Jan 2012, 5:01 PM
Very nice.
Thanks a lot.

Congratulations,great job
=D>

@iv_ekker : Amazing tool!!
By the way, which IDE did you use to develop the application? Eclipse, NET Beans etc..

Hello!
Thank you very much!
:)

Is this project still active? I was just using the theme builder but then everything is no longer accessible....

Hello, Dorgan!

I think project is still active.

billsalvucci
3 May 2013, 5:30 AM
It looks like the site has been down since yesterday evening. Anyone know what is going on, if/when it will back online?

iv_ekker
11 Mar 2014, 1:57 AM
The theme builder for ExtJS 3.x was relocated to
http://extbuilder.dyndns.org