PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Yui menus only visible in center region in IE?

jarrod
25 Nov 2006, 9:58 AM
Not sure if this is a bug that appeared in yui 0.12 - despite setting the z-index of div.yuimenu to a very high value, the yui menus are still not visible in all regions other than the center layout region, e.g. you see the menu clipped and portions visible only in the center region.

Anyone else encountered this problem? Works fine in firefox, but not in IE6 and IE7.

jack.slocum
25 Nov 2006, 4:21 PM
There's a thread on it in the help forum. The menus have to be in the body element otherwise the are contained (and clipped) by the element they are in.

jarrod
25 Nov 2006, 6:37 PM
Yeap, I checked the DOM inspector in firefox, and the menus are created automatically at the top body level.

However, yui handles menus differently in IE (iframe'd I believe to shim above 'select' elements) - will check further on what went wrong.

jarrod
25 Nov 2006, 7:57 PM
Okay, confirmed that the iframe hosting the menu is created as a direct child of the document body.

And if I push up the zIndex of the iframe, it still does not appear in regions other than the center, also this results in the menu options not being selectable - so it seems that the zIndices of the content will need to be pushed up accordingly as well. Will check further.

jarrod
26 Nov 2006, 1:01 AM
Okay, seems that setting the menu's zIndex via css no longer works in yui 0.12.
Need to specify the zIndex config property instead - works fine now.

jack.slocum
26 Nov 2006, 4:42 AM
That's gay. It didn't work in the old version in the code, and now it doesn't work via css. Lovely!

amitgh
1 Nov 2008, 4:20 AM
Hi Jack,
[FONT=Arial] My yui menu is in the north section of yui layout but when it opens and if I move my mouse to the center in the layout the menu doesn