PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Bug (?) Loading s.gif from extjs.com

nbinder
21 Jun 2007, 4:46 AM
Hi there...

I was always very curious why Firefox told me "loading data from extjs.com", now I found out:

I loads http://extjs.com/s.gif

Is that a bug or a feature? ;)

I have not yet pointed out exactly where that comes from, as it is in the menu, it is not a css mistake...

I mean.. it's great for statistics, but slows down the init phase of my application about factor 10 at least (runs in a local network).

liggett78
21 Jun 2007, 4:55 AM
This is not a bug and has been discussed many times.
Look here http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7413

efege
21 Jun 2007, 5:11 AM
I'm afraid this topic will continue to pop up many times in the forums, sometimes in Help, sometimes in General Discussion, and sometimes (as in this case) in the Bugs forum!

A search like this one in the forums:

"s.gif" extjs

or simply this one in the wiki:

s.gif

would have pointed the user to the answer.

So, besides the apparent fact that searching is not always the first option when faced with a problem, it seems that new users of Ext should receive a "stronger" notification about how to proceed with this remote-image-issue. :-? Some suggestions have been made in the thread mentioned above.

nbinder
21 Jun 2007, 5:15 AM
Sorry for not searching first, but I was strongly assuming that this is a bug and therefore would have been removed if posted before.

Perhaps one should make one of the s.gif threads sticky if that question occurs that often.

I just found out that the examples.js has a line in it redefining it - I guess most of us just didn't see that.

para
21 Jun 2007, 5:39 AM
It's alright, I thought it was a bug too. I had already written my post, but then decided to search for it right before posting it.
The lesson is: there are people here who have 1500+ posts. Most everything that a (relative) newbie needs to know has been discussed somewhere.
(Yes, I consider myself a relative newbie too). :)