PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ext.Direct and Ext.ux.grid.RowEditor not saving

jimmifett
16 Sep 2009, 12:42 PM
i'm trying to use the editable grid row from the examples page (Ext.ux.grid.RowEditor).
i'm loading my store no problem. however, after editing a cell, it gets marked dirty but a call to webserver is never made (verifying with fiddler) to update the data.

i'm using api: instead of directFn:.
i've got read: and update: set to respective functions, with create: and detroy: set to undefined.
paramsAsHas: is natually false. autoSave: is set to true.

Is there something i'm missing? anyone else have an example of a simple updating grid using Ext.ux.grid.RowEditor ?

jimmifett
17 Sep 2009, 7:58 AM
Boy I feel silly.

I had to specify a writer in directstore.

However, now I am getting an too much recursion error, even when switching to EditorGridPanel and ditching Ext.ux.grid.RowEditor.

aconran
18 Sep 2009, 7:43 AM
Let's see your Store configuration

jimmifett
18 Sep 2009, 8:29 AM
Figured out what was wrong:
CF method was expecting individual parameters, while the json was sending an ID and a data record, like when writing a custom renderer. It would get stuck in a loop trying to identify what to put into the additonal expected aparemters i think. So, once i changed my CF method to take a numeric and a struct, it was smooth sailing. now i have the full CRUD api working smoothly, tho with 'create' i had to do some digging to find the specs under the datareader.realize().

I'll have to add a full CRUD grid demo to my ExtDirectCF code now :D

-J