PDA

View Full Version : Debugging in .NET Confusing

cgountanis
9 Oct 2009, 6:32 AM
When I have an issue in my class called my JavaScript function using Ext.Direct I sometimes get an error on this line "context.Response.Write(DirectProcessor.Execute(provider, context.Request));" This makes it hard to debug any work arounds to that?

cgountanis
9 Oct 2009, 7:02 AM
This has to be a noobie or common issue. Any solutions to this. I don't need to use MVC as the web page is actually more of an application and won't need pretty URL or RESTlike addresses. The basic Ext.Direct is working but I need to know that debugging is not broken or I will have to drop this framework option. Any help any comments would be great!

cgountanis
9 Oct 2009, 8:40 AM
I attached images to show the issue better.

Image ...77 shows the code that ends up being the error which helps no one debug.

Image ...78 is the code that is bad for an example. Must not exist but you have to run line by line to figure out what line is flawed and causing the 77 error.

Any suggestions? Am I not using it right?

evant
9 Oct 2009, 10:58 PM
I'd suggest compiling the debug version of the library, I'm fairly sure the released dll was compiled in release version.

cgountanis
10 Oct 2009, 11:38 AM
Wow I didn't even think of that. So if I compile the Ext.Direct in debug mode and use that as a reference in my project I might get more useful debugging output? Thanks!