PDA

View Full Version : Jack's Blog inaccessible?

techno_adi
27 Nov 2006, 3:01 AM
Hey Jack your blog not opening up!
Am i the only one facing this problem or is there many more with me?

techno_adi
27 Nov 2006, 3:55 AM
Ok i am able to access it in IE, but not in FF1.5??

jack.slocum
27 Nov 2006, 5:02 AM
I just checked it in 1.5 (mac and pc) and it works for me. What is happening for you?

jbowman
27 Nov 2006, 6:07 AM
may be cached, try shift-refresh or ctrl-f5?

(works for me with firefox 1.5 on windows, and firefox 2 on linux) Like the redesign btw jack

jack.slocum
27 Nov 2006, 8:11 AM
Thanks. I just added psuedo "Live Search" feature to the home page.

Herm
27 Nov 2006, 12:33 PM
Search is good :D

jack.slocum
27 Nov 2006, 3:25 PM
It's always been missing. I figured it was definitely a useful feature to have!

techno_adi
27 Nov 2006, 9:01 PM
Thanks, there was some problem with my FF, your site can be seen now. :)
BTW.. the new look is great :)
one suggestion though.. please keep the right side and top menu visible on the page always ( since the left panel is missing now)
And and..The site access is really commentable..It's light speed fast now :D
and ofcourse the "live search" has made the surfers life more easy :lol:

jack.slocum
28 Nov 2006, 5:06 AM
As always, it's a work in progress. :)

I had to whip something up that was more friendly to the ads. I think the old layout looked terrible once the ads were in. I also wanted to be more standards friendly (it doesn't require all the -moz-boxsizing etc hacks). The new site uses a BorderLayout, a JsonView etc and is much less code.

techno_adi
28 Nov 2006, 10:43 PM
Thats Cool :D
Since the topic has been started here, One more thought ( it might be wierd) :!:
Can your site have tabbed interface, i ususally have 3 links from your site open 24x7 in my browser (main blog, doc, forum). so i was just wondering if you could make it possible that not have three tabs(windows) open, but just one :) . or may be put some personalization on your main site that informs the user, if there are new unread posts in the forum since he last whent there ( this would keep us on the blog and keep us informed about the forum as well)
any thought on this?

jack.slocum
29 Nov 2006, 5:24 AM
I've thought about inner tabs but I don't want to break direct linking and/or bookmarking.

Keep your eyes on the blog, I will integrating personalization mainly because I need it too! My thought was a window that can monitor blog comments/posts and the forums. It should be interesting. It will involve redoing how phpBB does unread posts (currently a cookie) to be database driven or I would have done it already.