PDA

View Full Version : [3.0.0] ux.SlideWindow and Layout.SlideLayout 1.0

mitchellsimoens
13 Oct 2009, 8:22 PM
This is my first extension I've coded so I'm sure I didn't do anything 100% but it works as expected!

Basically I took the concept from this thread (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43120&highlight=slide+window) and made it an extension.

I haven't tested it 100% but wouldn't see any major problems. Please post your comments so that I can fix.

What is going on is there is a window that wraps around a panel that holds any number of panels (tested with 3). The window has a bbar that has 2 buttons: prev and next. Hit one and the cards will animate left or right depending on which way you want to go. Buttons are also enabled/disabled depending on where you are at. One thing I'm not sure about is how to specify the config options in the window.

Live Demo (http://slidewindow.simoens.org/). May move to Google Code or GitHub or something if needed.

I will be updating this extension and this post over the next couple days so watch it!

UPDATES:

Added a chart from the examples. Works just like any other panel except when first loading. Think it's just FF's rendering that's slowing it down.
Added a basic array grid from the examples. Fading and sliding work but it's visible outside the window. Not too sure why though. Added this to the bugs section.
Added a basic tabPanel from the examples and works just like the normal panels. However I'm starting to notice most components are rendering and animating slowly. Browser the cause?
Added a basic formPanel from the examples and works but is very slow on rendering and animating. Added to bugs.
Seemed to speed up when added the config 'hidden: true' on the panels (except the first one of course). Not sure if this is directly responsible.

TODO:

Look into rendering all panels upon adding.
Test on different platforms/browsers.
Test more components.

BUGS:

Added the basic array grid from the examples as the "2nd card" and the sliding and fading happen but it's still visible outside the window.
Rendering and animating took a long time with just a basic formPanel from the examples.