PDA

View Full Version : Release date for GXT 2.0.2?

krysgian
15 Oct 2009, 8:55 AM
I'm in the process of evaluating gxt. I want to use 2.0.2 because I believe it fixes some issues I have encountered with 2.0.1 but since it is only available to premium users, I don't have access to it (I have no budget to evaluate products, my managers would laugh at me).

I've been told that gxt is the right tool for the job, but I can't get it to work with what I need to do. I need to get a working model running soon for my project, and am likely faced with doing everything directly within GWT.

Even a ballpark estimate would be great so that I can gauge how to move on.

Thanks!

diegolovison
15 Oct 2009, 9:36 AM
always the same question..
* release date
* licence

this was discuss a long time ago..

if you dont agree with the license.. dont use the product :)

before starting a product or project you need to analyze every situation to avoid falling into a problem like this

micgala
16 Oct 2009, 1:17 AM
I guess this is a valid question, not to mention the fact that it seems he is new to the forum (although he could have used the search :-)

Anyway, Gxt 2.0.2 won't be released publicly, AFAIK.

The next public release will be Gxt 2.1, to be released on early November (http://www.extjs.com/products/gxt/roadmap.php).

So, you will need to wait for that for get the fixes. Then you can continue with your evaluation.

If you don't have time to waste, you can try to fix the problems yourself, or evaluate something else in the meanwhile.

All I can tell you is that Gxt is a good product, and in my view, it tends to be more stable in the near future, so then a subscription to get monthly releases will get less mandatory (hopefully).

Regards,
Michel.

yopiyop
18 Oct 2009, 1:57 AM
it tends to be more stable in the near future.

Version 2.1 includes fixes and enhancements found in private 2.0.2 but version 2.1 will have new things ... and new bugs (no hope to access to maintenance releases 2.1.x )

in EXT real world, a bug is fixed ONLY for commercial licence.

EXT is beautiful marketing.
Ext open source edition is not intended for production usage. it's for evaluation...

Bye
David

micgala
19 Oct 2009, 4:02 AM
Version 2.1 includes fixes and enhancements found in private 2.0.2 but version 2.1 will have new things ... and new bugs (no hope to access to maintenance releases 2.1.x )

Yeah, but hopefully, the new bugs will be related only to the new things...
Let's see.