PDA

View Full Version : ExtDirect support for getters / setters in .NET

Whatty
10 Nov 2009, 12:52 PM
Will the ExtDirect framework support getters / setters on the .NET side.

I know it would be fairly straight-forward to provide a wrapper object but it would be nicer to just support getters / setters directly.

Thanks in advance.

Whatty

crp_spaeth
11 Nov 2009, 7:57 AM
How is that usefull? May you can show an example?

If you take a look into the sources of all .net Servrside Stacks out there, you will find out that your classes, used for those Direct Actions are no Application wide Instances so you will not be able to get or set members as you may expect.

Whatty
11 Nov 2009, 8:04 AM
Can we serial objects if we are not using properties and instead are using getter / setter pairs.

As an example in my Person class, I have

/// <summary>Answer the name of the Group.</summary>
public virtual String getName()
{
return this.name;
}

/// <summary>Set the name of the Group.</summary>
public virtual void setName(String name)
{
this.name = name;
}

This is a port from another language and I would prefer not to have to rewrite all of these as properties

I have already checked with the developer of NewtonSoft.JSON and he has clearly stated that NO, I have no control over the serialization of the object if I am not using Properties and that the framework does not support getters / setters.

Thanks in advance.

Whatty

crp_spaeth
11 Nov 2009, 8:16 AM
A okay I think i got it...

And no its not possible out of the box and I dont see a way to handle that yet.

You could add a kind of own written method attributes and write a kind of util class which automatically wraps those classes. But this is only useful for your special case. So you will have to do it by yourself :(

regards Martin

Whatty
11 Nov 2009, 8:18 AM
Internally I am using Spring so I may be able to come up with Dynamic Proxy for my classes to serve as adapters but I am still awaiting the .NET spring integration (which I am hoping is coming soon)