PDA

View Full Version : components in other browser window

chriswesdorp
13 Nov 2009, 4:13 AM
Hi,

although this is not really GXT specific I want to ask this question. Does any of the users of GXT have experience with using a second browser window to hold some part of your GWT/GXT components?

I am currently in the process of exploring the features in native Javascript to see how stuff works. GWT/GXT does only have the static Window and Document classes which only refer to the 'current' document, what if I want to reference another window?

Chris

sven
13 Nov 2009, 7:06 AM
You could write your own bridge between two windows, but i suggest to not do that. You should better stick in one window without opening other ones.

chriswesdorp
16 Nov 2009, 3:10 AM
What do you see as problem to do so, except for that bridge needs to be build between the the pages?

chriswesdorp
17 Nov 2009, 12:06 AM
Found one pitfall... Because the events are now defined as "new EventType()" both windows have a different instance of the same event. Therefore an check on event.getType() == Events.Click always fails between two windows. Using the 'oldschool' event numbers works better because an integer in one window is compared on value to the integer in the other.

Arno.Nyhm
17 Nov 2009, 7:30 AM
if you later have a working example of this "bridge" it would be nice to see example code :-)

sven
17 Nov 2009, 7:32 AM
Found one pitfall... Because the events are now defined as "new EventType()" both windows have a different instance of the same event. Therefore an check on event.getType() == Events.Click always fails between two windows. Using the 'oldschool' event numbers works better because an integer in one window is compared on value to the integer in the other.

Yes and this is expected. They are two different apps. You would channel this over your bridge (own transmitting protocol)