PDA

View Full Version : CSS problem

sundhar_v
19 Nov 2009, 3:54 AM
Hi,

I am migrating GXT 1.2.3 to GXT 2.0 and using gwt-windows-1.6.4 from gwt-windows 1.5.3. while migrating i am unable to view the form properly in GWT window eg. the panel, color, alignment everything goes off and i am able to view only the content alone.
In the HTML i am using the below code

<link rel="stylesheet" href="resources/css/gxt-all.css" type="text/css">

But i am unable to see the css and images folder in the output folder. if I copy the same manualy, i am able to see the form with the design but again the alignment of the form goes off like all the elements were moved to left position. Can anyone help me how to solve this problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Sundhar

Arno.Nyhm
19 Nov 2009, 4:00 AM
are you checked that you take the fresh gxt-all.css from the new gxt package?
in the setup info text file there is an description what you need to copy to your webfolder etc.

sundhar_v
19 Nov 2009, 4:04 AM
Ya i ahve checked the Quick Setup for Ext GWT 2.X Note pad text and did the same thing only as mentioned below

STEP 3 -> Add the following stylesheet to your host page.
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{foldername}/css/gxt-all.css" />

instead of {foldername} i have given as resources/css/gxt-all.css

Thanks and Regards,
Sundhar

Arno.Nyhm
19 Nov 2009, 4:07 AM
it is now working?

sundhar_v
19 Nov 2009, 4:13 AM
That is what i am trying to say it is not working. but if i copy the folder manually to the output folder, then it is working

Thanks and Regards,
Sundhar

Arno.Nyhm
19 Nov 2009, 5:50 AM
but the the setup say that you need to copy this files.

Copy the contents of the /resources folder in the download to a {foldername} location with your war folder.
Substitute {foldername} with the name of the folder you've created for resources within your war folder.
in my netbeans (your eclipse can be different) i copy this files into the web folder (where also the welcomeGWT.html is sitting) and make a subfolder

web/welcomeGWT.html
web/lib/gxt-2.0/resources/***and copy here all files from resources.

then i included this line to my welcomeGWT.html file:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="lib/gxt-2.0/resources/css/gxt-all.css" />

sundhar_v
19 Nov 2009, 7:44 PM
ya i have tried this also but i am not getting the proper output.

As you said i have created a folder in the name of resources under WebContent and i have copied all the folder like css, images, themes etc and in the html i have given the path like

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="WebContent/resources/css/gxt-all.css" />

I have also tried with

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../resources/css/gxt-all.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="resources/css/gxt-all.css" />

I am unable to view the form with the css and images.

Secondly, while migratting from GXT 1.2.3 to 2.01, the total alignment goes off the all the lements were kept left aligned. Pl. advise me what should be done for keeping the alingment same as GXT 1.2.3. cos i dont want to do more changes in the code, it will take lot of time do the changes manually for each and every form. Expecting some solution for the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Sundhar

Arno.Nyhm
20 Nov 2009, 2:38 AM
ok. i can not imagine whats going wrong.

last chance:
make a new project and small sample code. zip the full project folder and place it anywhere so we can download it and look into your folders and settings.

sven
20 Nov 2009, 3:54 AM
Inspect the page with firebug to see why it acutally cannot load the css. Probably it cannot find it and with firebug you find that out in seconds.

sundhar_v
20 Nov 2009, 7:32 AM
As per your request, i am forwarding the file in a zip format. unzip the file and copy the same in src folder. I am using Eclipse Version: 3.4.2 Build id: M20090211-1700 (GANEMADE) and gxt 2.01 and GWT 1.6.4. i am sending the eclipse folder structure for your quick understanding. Kinldy help to solve the problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Sundhar17340

sundhar_v
24 Nov 2009, 10:03 PM
Hi ,

As per your request, i have provided the sample file, pl. find a solution for this problme and advise me how to configure my eclipse accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,
Sundhar