PDA

View Full Version : DatePicker Header

VadimV1144
24 Nov 2009, 11:24 AM
Hi, is there a way to disable the DataPicker Header controls?
I would like to prevent the user from doing the year/month selections, and only select from the dates that are displayed on the screen.

kolli
24 Nov 2009, 12:21 PM
I dont think you can remove the header but i guess u can set the max and min dates for that datepicker to be from the current month. That way even if they change to previous and next month they wont be able to select.

Other option (which i did) was to create your copy of the date picker and hide the next and previous month buttons

sven
24 Nov 2009, 12:25 PM
You can extend DatePicker and simple remove that feature from your custom version.

VadimV1144
24 Nov 2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Sven, I was trying to do that, but I don't see how. The protected and public API do not allow me to disable any header featers, since there is no direct access to the header instance.

Love Yao
25 Nov 2009, 12:37 AM
yes, how can we extend to add/remove feature .
i have no idea at all,yet.

ccocco_dw
28 Jul 2010, 5:30 AM
This class is extremely difficult to extend and customize due to the majority of methods and member variables being defined as private, combined with the fact that there is no way to add listeners to the prev and next month buttons, or the month/year drop-down selector. What is the likelihood of making this class more extensible?