PDA

View Full Version : [UNKNOWN][3.??] Ext combo Store typeAhead issue

joutsource
10 Dec 2009, 2:05 AM
Hi,

We have a page where we populate list of years(1951-2009) (database ids 1-59) in Ext Combo from database.

typeAhead is set to true, If I type first two digits of year it filters the records and shows me the years starting with those two digits i.e if I type 20 then it shows 2000,2001.. 2009. which is expected behaviour.

Now later I need to change the selected year value to 40 (1991) then it shows 40 in drop down instead of 1991. I have observed that # of elements in store reduced from 59 to 10 after type ahead selection..

I believe once type ahead selection is made combo store filter remains applied, but it should be cleared to avoid such issue.

Condor
10 Dec 2009, 2:08 AM
You have to call:

combobox.store.clearFilter();
before setting a value that is currently filtered out.

joutsource
10 Dec 2009, 3:10 AM
Thanks!

In this case Ext combo itself filters the records to support typeAhead property so its Ext component's responsibility to clear the filter as well as per good component design practice.

I can do it but it will be like copying same logic everywhere before setValue unless I override the setValue method.

Can we expect this to be fixed in setValue implementation of Ext combo in near future release?