PDA

View Full Version : Why does GXT use its own event system?

deanna
13 Dec 2009, 10:03 AM
I would love to code using the GWT best practices laid out in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDuhR18-EdM&feature=channel

But GXT is not really compatible with some of those practices. Would it be possible to put on the road map to make GXT more integrated with GWT, including event bus, layouts, interfaces, UIBindings, Mocks, data models, and using MVP instead of MVC. This might and probably would break backwards compatibility with old versions GXT, but the gains would be worth it. If you can't break BC, they could GXT fork and do this? I want to use GXT components, but I loose a lot of GWT practices doing so.

I also want to be able to intermingle GWT and GXT components.

mabco
7 Jan 2010, 12:03 AM
Bump.

I agree wholeheartedly. Google is blazing trails with GWT. I realize it's hard to keep up when you're chasing all the good work that Google is doing, but GXT needs to make it happen. It's becoming a more common theme on these forums. Users want to be able to take advantage of everything GWT offers.

Th0)M
15 Feb 2010, 12:21 AM
I agree too.
This would be very cool.

przemekc
26 Mar 2010, 1:36 AM
Hello,
I'm using gwt-presenter with gwt-dispacher and gin and guice. It's quite cool combination for architecture in gwt application.
But... I can't use gxt because widgets don't implement Has* interfaces for example HasClickHandlers.
I know that gxt has own interfaces for event handler but maybe community could prepare set of interfaces corresponding to Has* interfaces from GWT like it has been done in smartgwt.

Ofcourse I could help to prepare GXT form using it with "GWT Best Practice" style.

jburnhams
29 Mar 2010, 1:07 AM
ExtJS has been working on version 2.x of GXT,built upon GWT version 1.6.Recently,ExtJS released the milestone 1 "release" of GXT,and I decided to upgrade and see what all the fuss was about.
Before I could test anything,some changes needed to be made to my environment.GWTShell has been deprecated in the new hotness,HostedMode.The "public" directory,used for storing static content such as images and stylesheets.
How does this related to GXT / GWT events?