PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED][3.??] Ext.Button CSS Problem

Supergibbs
14 Dec 2009, 3:47 PM
We use a browser reset CSS file (http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2008/01/15/resetting-again/) that breaks the Ext.Button rendering by setting:

td {vertical-align: baseline; }I've overridden this, but for the future, you may want to set:

.x-btn-tl, .x-btn-tr, .x-btn-tc, .x-btn-ml, .x-btn-mr, .x-btn-mc, .x-btn-bl, .x-btn-br, .x-btn-bc
{ vertical-align: middle; }possibly limiting it to td.

evant
14 Dec 2009, 9:05 PM
I don't really think this is a bug. You could say the same that you included a color: red; and now all the text looks funny (excuse the lame example).

Thanks for posting however, it may be useful for others.

Supergibbs
15 Dec 2009, 9:56 AM
Thanks for the quick response. I see your point, but this isn't a styling issue like a color or wrong font. The buttons render incorrectly and don't look like buttons.

ExtJS itself uses an browser reset it's just not as extensive as the one I used. At least add td { vertical-align: middle; } there if you are relying on it being that way.

Since it affects layout and not just styling, I feel it should be explicitly set because you can't rely on browser implementations to have the same defaults.

-Jesse

PS - ExtJS actually does include: .x-btn-mc { vertical-align: middle; } What is the rationale there?