PDA

View Full Version : [UNKNOWN][CORE 3.1] lightbox getViewHeight() should be getViewHeight(true)?

dolittle
18 Dec 2009, 5:52 AM
Ext-core 3.0.0
IE8, FF3.5
Win XP

When I'm using the lightbox in my website the shim doesn't cover the whole page height.
When I changed lightbox.js getViewHeight() to getViewHeight(true) in lightbox.js it works fine:

getViewSize: function() {
return [Ext.lib.Dom.getViewWidth(), Ext.lib.Dom.getViewHeight(true)];
}

I'm not sure why it works fine in the ext-core examples page but not in my page.
I'm using lightbox.js with Ext 3.1

Thanks

mystix
18 Dec 2009, 7:00 AM
I'm not sure why it works fine in the ext-core examples page but not in my page.
I'm using lightbox.js with Ext 3.1

seeing the code you're deploying in your page will help shed some light on the matter...

Animal
18 Dec 2009, 7:36 AM
getViewHeight() returns the full addressable area of the Element for if you are going to use position:absolute within it.

getViewHeight(true) returns the area within any padding settings.. if you are going to use static positioning - which naturally flows within padding.

The requirement at that point should be checked.

dolittle
18 Dec 2009, 2:22 PM
getViewHeight() returns the full addressable area of the Element for if you are going to use position:absolute within it.

getViewHeight(true) returns the area within any padding settings.. if you are going to use static positioning - which naturally flows within padding.

With lightbox the expected behavior is to shim the whole browser window.
What element are you talking about? Aren't we talking about the browser window?