PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED][3.1] Form with buttons,nested in Window,renders infinitely wide in Webkit

js_coder
29 Dec 2009, 8:37 AM
Sorry, this is a repost...couldn't get anyone to move the duplicate from the Help room here.

A window with a form in it expands seemingly infinitely (several windows wide) if it has a button. I have verified this with the following test in Epiphany and Chrome:

new Ext.Window({
items: [{
xtype: 'form',
buttons: [{
text: 'Test'
}]
}]
}).show();I have not had a chance to test in Safari yet, but I'm assuming it's a bug specific to Webkit browsers as I've seen it in these, but not in Gecko/Trident browsers.

aconran
29 Dec 2009, 11:09 AM
Js coder -

Ext.Windows require you to set both a width and height. If you specify a width and height and set an appropriate layout (fit) does this occur?

js_coder
30 Dec 2009, 6:59 AM
Setting an explicit width and height results in a properly-sized window. I don't see anything on the Ext.Window page about these properties being required, and I assumed that an unsized window would size to its child components, which seemed to be the case until now.

Condor
30 Dec 2009, 7:12 AM
Setting an explicit width and height results in a properly-sized window. I don't see anything on the Ext.Window page about these properties being required, and I assumed that an unsized window would size to its child components, which seemed to be the case until now.

No, this has never worked for absolutely positioned components (like windows).

Not only Chrome, but also IE6 will display this incorrectly.