PDA

View Full Version : [INFOREQ][3.??] Click event in data grid fails when horizontal scrollbars are present

commadelimited
12 Jan 2010, 6:39 AM
I have a data grid containing an image which triggers a modal window. In Firefox, if the window size is small enough that the user must scroll to see the image triggering the window the click event on the image fails and the modal window does not display.

I've recorded a screencast to show you what I'm talking about.

http://screencast.com/t/NzY0MDFmMT

I'm a relative newbie with Ext, working on code built by another developer.

Animal
12 Jan 2010, 7:58 AM
Your whole grid shouldn't be scrolling from side to side like that. It should be size-managed by the layout of the Container it is in. The grid's BODY scrolls within it independently of the header.

You need to work on layouts.

commadelimited
12 Jan 2010, 10:40 AM
Animal...

Thanks for responding to my post. Let me note that the grid itself is not scrolling. It's the window that is scrolling due to the frameset our admin panel is contained within.

Let's say the data grid is 1000px wide. if the window enough goes below 1000px so that the icon is hidden from view (without scrolling), the modal window no longer loads.

Animal
12 Jan 2010, 11:00 AM
The Grid needs to be sized to fit by a layout manager.

commadelimited
12 Jan 2010, 11:05 AM
Interesting...I'll take a look at that thanks. Would you also consider that to be a bug though? The event never fires at all...that can't be intended behaviour can it?

Animal
12 Jan 2010, 11:12 AM
I don't know what's happening or what you are doing.

Jamie Avins
13 Jan 2010, 4:17 PM
Are you able to post any code related to how this grid is created. There isn't enough to go on to determine if this is a bug or a configuration issue.