PDA

View Full Version : Same Origin Policy

unc
15 Jan 2010, 12:42 AM
Hi,

I know that my problem is not GXT specific but maybe someone can help me to solve this problem.

I want to integrate my GXT application in an external webpage but for some reasons I can not/don't want to use an Iframe.
My client and my server are running on "localhost:8888" and my external webpage is for testing purpose running on "localhost:8080". I load the no-cache.js unsing a <script> tag in the external webpage (I added '<add-linker name="xs"/>' in my gwt.xml file to allow cross site scripting). This works. So a simple button would be loaded in this external webpage without problems.

But when I try to make an GWT-RPC call i run into problems. The "onFailure" method of the AsyncCallback will be called with no error. So I "assume" that this is because of the same origin policy.
I tried to use a proxy servlet (http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/how_to_do_cross_domain) on my client. But I don't really know if this is the right thing an the right point to do it.

Does someone knows an approch for this solution? I trying to solve this problem since 7 days but have not really an idea how to do it.

Thank you very much!
Best regards.