PDA

View Full Version : One prefix, gxt-, for all GXT CSS classes

dnk_k
19 Jan 2010, 10:42 AM
Is it possible to use just one prefix for all GXT CSS classes?
Currently we have (in GXT 2.1, gxt-all.css):
.x- ... it makes a lot of intersections with EXT Js, GWT-EXT ...
.ext- ... also something from past
.arrow-
.my-

May be, It'll be good to use just gxt- prefix like GWT is using gwt-?

Arno.Nyhm
21 Jan 2010, 7:00 AM
very good. then you can mix better extjs and gxt - because the css for extjs and gxt is also different

dnk_k
21 Jan 2010, 7:13 AM
very good. then you can mix better extjs and gxt - because the css for extjs and gxt is also different

I'm currently migrating from gwt-ext 2.0.6 to GXT 2.1.0. Currently we have mix of these libraries, everything is working together fine exclude CSS, thus I have to recompile GXT with reason to rename its CSS classes.
I think it'll be good if we'll be able to destiguish CSS classes of GXT by special prefix.

Arno.Nyhm
21 Jan 2010, 7:51 AM
oh. then i would better rename the gwt-ext css classes. because gwt-ext is not working anymore.
if you rename the gxt classes then you can not migrate to the next gxt version if you have customized some widgets.

dnk_k
21 Jan 2010, 8:12 AM
oh. then i would better rename the gwt-ext css classes. because gwt-ext is not working anymore.
if you rename the gxt classes then you can not migrate to the next gxt version if you have customized some widgets.

Every time when I have new version of GXT I'm recompiling it. Before it was painful because of ext namespace, but last time it just CSS classes.

My wish of one prefix for all CSS classes is not flowing from compatibility issue with GWT-EXT, but from bad styles of CSS class names which are used now by GXT. We have to be able to see which class is belong to GXT and which not.

deanna
21 Jan 2010, 9:01 AM

The time for breaking changes in on major versions. This is another one that should be done for consistency sake. Especially one that is so easily fixed in any code with search and replace on an IDE.