PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED][3.1/3.1.1-beta] readOnly in Comboboxes wrong rendering

steffenk
21 Jan 2010, 3:46 PM
Ext version tested:

Ext 3.1 release

Adapter used:

ext

css used:

custom css

Browser versions tested against:

any

Description:

Since 3.1 the render of comboboxes with readOnly = true doesn't render the triggerfield. This changed since 3.0 and is wrong, as readonly only prevent typing in textfield, but allow selecting items from list.
Screenshot:

see screenshot of combobox with readOnly set in 3.0 and 3.1

evant
21 Jan 2010, 5:08 PM
Have you tried this with the 3.1.1 beta?

steffenk
22 Jan 2010, 1:03 AM
not yet - will do at WE.

steffenk
23 Jan 2010, 6:01 AM
I checked with 3.1.1-beta and the problem still exists, so no difference to released version.

Jamie Avins
25 Jan 2010, 8:29 AM
The behavior is correct, readOnly hides the trigger. You want editable: false to keep the trigger.

Condor
25 Jan 2010, 8:59 AM
The screenshots does however show a different problem:
In this case the readOnly:true combobox isn't increased in width, so it has an empty triggers-sized space to the right.

Jamie Avins
25 Jan 2010, 9:02 AM
True, though it seems to be this way by design currently.

steffenk
25 Jan 2010, 11:40 AM
Sorry but i have to disagree. In 3.0 the behaviour was correct: readOnly prevents typing in the text field, but the trigger was clickable and the items in list were selectable. Now the ComboBox make no sense at all.

If there is another way to disallow typing text please let me know.

Condor
25 Jan 2010, 11:51 AM
As already mentioned: Use editable:false.

steffenk
25 Jan 2010, 2:31 PM
sry, i overreaded it. Sure, that works.

However the issue is still valid with the trigger field, as you mentioned. OS system renders trigger field when select is disabled, but it's not clickable. I don't know what it's best to show the status readOnly. When leaving out the triggerfield the size of input field must have same size of input+triggerfield with normal state.

I misused so i agree now that readOnly shouldn't open the item list.