PDA

View Full Version : Grid Column Resize Only Resizes Header in Safari For WIndows

dnixon
10 Jul 2007, 4:57 PM
Could not find this mentioned elsewhere in the forum.
If I resize a grid column header by dragging the column separator in Safari for Windows (3.0.2) (build 522.13.1) the header resizes as shown by the vertical separator bars but the header text and remaining rows do not. Same effect calling grid.getView().fitToContainer().
See this on both 1.1-beta1 and 1.1-rc1.
I am using the following packages:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/resources/css/ext-all.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/adapter/yui/yui-utilities.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/adapter/yui/ext-yui-adapter.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="yui/history-experimental-min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/ext-all.js"></script>

Windows XP Pro.
Columns resize fine for me in FF2.0, IE6 and Opera.

jack.slocum
10 Jul 2007, 8:12 PM
While I am personally a big fan of Safari 3 for windows, it still has a ton of bugs. It won't be supported until a later release.

dnixon
20 Aug 2007, 10:50 AM
The same problem occurs using Safari on Mac - see screenshot snippet.
The grid column heading spacer bars are in the wrong place, the text headings are correct.
Note the red "T" at the right side of the screenshot is highlighting added by my Mac tester.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7600/safarimacgridheaderprobuc1.jpg

I'm using 1.1, not sure what version of Safari/Mac.

dnixon
25 Sep 2007, 3:04 PM
Bumping this thread - I need to get grids working in Safari for Mac. It looks like the grid cells and heading text are not being resized to fit the container whereas the heading separator bars are spaced as if the columns were correctly resized to fit the container. See image in my earlier post.

Also another issue on Safari for Mac that is not a problem in FF or IE6/7:

I see scrollbars around the entire app that are unnecessary - if the scrollbars were not shown, then the content would fit the window exactly. This is not consistent - I can resize a window and the scrollbars will disappear either completely or just temporarily - sometimes the first redraw is without scrollbars and then after a couple of seconds they reappear. It seems as if vertical size changes have more effect on this than horizontal. A vertical scrollbar may be being shown, which then triggers a horizontal scrollbar. But it should just resize the contents to fit exactly like it does on FF and IE.

Any help much appreciated.

Dave

SunLiWei
26 Sep 2007, 6:47 AM
I also got this problem in IE7 with ExtJS 1.1.1

mystix
26 Sep 2007, 6:51 AM
I also got this problem in IE7 with ExtJS 1.1.1

/:) 8887
your one-liner serves absolutely no purpose.

[edit]
it's also ambiguous. 8-|

jsakalos
26 Sep 2007, 1:43 PM
Bumping this thread - I need to get grids working in Safari for Mac. Dave

I'm notifying Jack on this.