PDA

View Full Version : Just Upgraded to GXT 2.1.1 from 1.2.4 and I have Problems!

jmhwhite2001
11 Feb 2010, 8:13 AM
Ok everyone. It's been like 8 months to a year since I worked with GXT/GWT. So, I'm using Eclipse and I have an application that looks great under 1.2.4. So, as I upgraded to 2.1.1 with GWT 2.0.1, I ran into the following compilation issues:

1) ToolTextItem was no longer available, so converted those buttons to Buttons.
2) For my table rows, originally the code used Generics like::

public class AircraftStatusBoardRow extends BaseTreeModel <AircraftStatusBoard> implements Serializable no longer worked. I had to remove the generic <AircraftStatusBoard> and it compiled.

3) Some tree items needed their methods called out...and I noticed the Tree class is deprecated, but I haven't updated just yet.

So, I modified all the code and run it in GWT's new window app...and the application looks HORRIBLE! Sorry for the caps, but I had to stress it. So, I look at GWT's window and see the following from the Tomcat tab:

[WARN] Resource not found: css/ext-all.css; (could a file be missing from the public path...

[WARN] Resource not found: gxt/css/gxt-gray.css

I looked at my prior project, since I copied the source to a new directory before the upgrade and noticed the css stuff has been removed from the jar file, but I see in the GXT directory created from the ZIP file. Do I now place these files into my project now?

Thanks for your time and all responses are appreciated!

jmhwhite2001
11 Feb 2010, 8:30 AM
Ok, I just saw the migration guide. I will read the setup closely to see if I missed something. :)

jmhwhite2001
11 Feb 2010, 8:36 AM
Yeah, I can just slap myself :) It looks great now! The migration guide explained exactly what I needed to know along with the setup guide.