PDA

View Full Version : Will it be possible to add support for a custom compoents?

MaximGB
18 Feb 2010, 10:32 PM
Hi, I've noticed that Ext.Designer is available for preorder, that's quite cool.
The first question is if it supports working with custom made components, i.e. UXs.

evant
19 Feb 2010, 12:28 AM
What do you mean by work with custom components? Expand on that a bit!

MaximGB
19 Feb 2010, 1:21 AM
Will it be possible to somehow plug custom components into the designer's pallete?

abe.elias
19 Feb 2010, 3:08 AM
Yes. We built the designer with community extensions and the developers that support them in mind.

We will be announcing more on this in the coming months.

cmendez21
23 Feb 2010, 5:31 PM
Yes. We built the designer with community extensions and the developers that support them in mind.

We will be announcing more on this in the coming months.

not too much clear for me

:-/ Developers will be able to create widgets and incorporate them in the designer by a custom pack, XML, json DATA or anything else for our widget ?

Does this will be a major upgrade , i'm considering on buying the designer on the pre-sale but if this feature is going to last a while (more than 12 months) and this feature its up to next major release. What do you advise me : to wait or to buy it now and then i will have this included ?

aconran
23 Feb 2010, 6:51 PM
Yes, ux developers will be able to implement an interface which will allow them to plug their components into the designer.

You will also be able to share templates of pre-built components from the standard Ext toolbox. Both of these features will come after the 1.0 final release.

Bulle Bas
24 Feb 2010, 3:41 AM
Does this will be a major upgrade , i'm considering on buying the designer on the pre-sale but if this feature is going to last a while (more than 12 months) and this feature its up to next major release. What do you advise me : to wait or to buy it now and then i will have this included ?

If you buy version 2.0 for the full price, it will be as expensive a buying a pre-sale designer 1 + ugrade designer 2.0.