PDA

View Full Version : Ext.ux.GmapPanel

extjsuser2010
3 Mar 2010, 12:08 AM
i am getting a weird error of "Gmap2 is not defined" which is in the Ext.ux.GmapPanel . This code is present on the extjs 3.1 examples. i have lifted the same from your site. when i execute the same on the local machine it works but gives me the above error otherwise. why may this be? thank u for your help.

moegal
3 Mar 2010, 2:45 AM
You may want to only post a question once.

I have it working. Are you sure you have the google map included?

Marty

extjsuser2010
3 Mar 2010, 4:49 AM
hi marty
i have included it exactly how it is in the example. i have included the script from the net in my jsp using https:// .... its the exact code like in the example. i have just not included the css and example.js.... noone online seems to have the solution... thanks for all the help.

moegal
3 Mar 2010, 5:01 AM
are you using the newest version of google maps? v3?

Marty

extjsuser2010
3 Mar 2010, 5:09 AM
nope...ok i will get back to you after trying and using the newest version. thanx

moegal
3 Mar 2010, 5:14 AM
you need to be careful here. The extension was probably built around v2. Just make sure you use the correct ext extension version with the correct google maps api. also, you have to have your own api code for it to work. The sample one will not work uunless you change the api key.

Marty

VinylFox
3 Mar 2010, 10:38 AM
i am getting a weird error of "Gmap2 is not defined" ... why may this be?...

This error means you have not included the Google Maps library.

As others have mentioned, this code (GMapPanel.js) was meant for v2 of the Google Maps library.

If you want to use v3 of the Google Maps lib, then you must switch to using GMapPanel3.js

extjsuser2010
4 Mar 2010, 9:44 PM
ok thanks alot... :)

abraxxa
31 May 2010, 10:06 AM
I'm not able to use geocode lookups with the v3 version, is this a known bug?
Also markers should be initialized (markers:[]) to avoid an error when the first one is added.

abraxxa
31 May 2010, 10:24 AM
Just managed to find the bug myself.
In addAddressToMap:

point = this.fixLatLng(new google.maps.LatLng(place.af, place.cf));
needs to be replaced by

point = this.fixLatLng(place);
because place is already a google.maps.LatLng object which has no af and cf properties.

abraxxa
1 Jun 2010, 1:06 AM
I've added my autoCenterandZoom config option plus some bugfixes.
@Vinylfox: do you want me to pull your github repo and commit my changes or post the whole js file here?

VinylFox
20 Jun 2010, 5:06 AM
@abraxxa - I have made the change you suggested, but feel free to fork and request a pull for any changes you want included.