PDA

View Full Version : ExtJS Designer Custom Components?

alienwebz
4 Mar 2010, 3:47 PM
Will we be able to create custom components and save them as a template etc?

abe.elias
4 Mar 2010, 6:46 PM
Yep, that is the plan. We are working on perfecting it, so it won't make it for 1.0. Expect it shortly after. There are some edges cases we need to handle that introduce some interesting hurdles we need to jump.

alienwebz
4 Mar 2010, 11:10 PM
Yep, that is the plan. We are working on perfecting it, so it won't make it for 1.0. Expect it shortly after. There are some edges cases we need to handle that introduce some interesting hurdles we need to jump.

Wow great, any chance there will be a bundle for an extJS license along with a ExtDesigner license?

This would be great if there was an option to bundle an extjs support license with the designer so people who have not yet purchased an extjs license can get them both for a reasonable amount.

deganii
1 Jun 2010, 12:11 PM
A related question - is there any support within the designer for ux components, like the row editor used in http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/restful/restful.html ? Or does this fall under the same category as custom components?

If not, what is the cleanest workaround? Ideally we'd want something that can be migrated to a proper designer project file later on. My current method is to add the row editor in the "event handling" class, and then delete this once I can do so from within the designer:

// MyGrid.ui.js
MyGridUi = Ext.extend(Ext.grid.GridPanel, {
// designer generated impl
}

// MyGrid.js
MyGrid = Ext.extend(MyGridUi, {
initComponent: function() {
MyGrid.superclass.initComponent.call(this);
},
// add the row editor here
plugins: [new Ext.ux.grid.RowEditor({saveText: 'Update'})]
}
Thanks!

jarrednicholls
1 Jun 2010, 12:49 PM
deganii, your current method/workaround is precisely what you can do for the time being. We are working on a platform to allow the import and usage of custom ux components, and ideally custom plugins as is in this example. The timeline is not solidified as it's a major development cycle, but this is one of the top 3 features coming up in the near future.

deganii
7 Jun 2010, 1:57 PM
Thanks Jarred. One issue I've experienced is that I cannot add custom css/js references in the exported xds_index.html (for example, adding the ux.RowEditor css and js files). Am I missing something, or is this currently not possible?

For now, I've added a build task that reads the exported file (xds_index.html), adds the required references, and saves down to a separate target file (index.html for example). Let me know if there's an easier way to go about this (it's a bit clunky because ideally I'd like to just click export, and then refresh the browser - now I also have to run this script)

P.S. I'm also using this build task to rename the import ext-all-debug.js to ext-all.js. Let me know if this is possible from the designer....

jarrednicholls
8 Jun 2010, 4:02 AM
The xds_index.html is indeed overwritten upon subsequent exports. My suggestion for now is to make a copy of it and run the copy instead. Surely your references don't change very often, but if they do (i.e. you add a new top-level component regularly) then just copy/paste them over to your copy. You can do the same with xds_index.js, which will change the same times xds_index.html changes (new top-level components).