PDA

View Full Version : Forms don't persist data in FF when using menus

DanHorowitzNyc
16 Jul 2007, 8:22 AM
I just ported my web application to use EXT-JS menus. One bug I noticed is that in FF, when one fills in a form, clicks submit, then clicks back to change form values - the form original form values disappear. This used to work before adding ext-js to the mix, it also works fine in MSIE with ext.

Has anyone else experienced this?

tryanDLS
16 Jul 2007, 8:35 AM
That's tough to decipher without seeing code. I would suggest that you post a small example that illustrates the problem, using 1.1RC1 and maybe someone can determine what's happening.

jack.slocum
16 Jul 2007, 9:58 AM
There's nothing Ext can do about this. My question would be, when you are initializing the fields, are you supplying values in JS? If the answer to that question is yes, then those are the values you will see in FF since it will reinitialize the fields when you hit the back button. IE doesn't behave the same since it caches the state of the JS in it's cache.

DanHorowitzNyc
17 Jul 2007, 6:53 AM
There's nothing Ext can do about this. My question would be, when you are initializing the fields, are you supplying values in JS? If the answer to that question is yes, then those are the values you will see in FF since it will reinitialize the fields when you hit the back button. IE doesn't behave the same since it caches the state of the JS in it's cache.

I do not supply any values in JS. Attached is a page from my application which demonstrates this problem. If you fill out the form in IE, click submit, then click back, the form values persist. This does not happen in FF and it used to before the menus were there.