PDA

View Full Version : Errors Installing Ext Designer

wm003
23 Mar 2010, 3:30 AM
I tried the designer right now at work. To be able to login using my forum account (thus be connected to the internet) i need to start the application without administrative privileges.
-> i can register, ExtDesigner asks me to continue trial -> after click, ExtDesigner closes (means no application window appears, but ExtDesigner.exe still stays in the TaskManager)

After trying to run the ExtDesigner with Administrative privileges i cannot login, because i don't have internet access when using an admin account here at work :(

I understand you need internet access to authenticate the user, but it should work without admin rights, i think. I'll try it at home later

Just the same as jburnhams (http://www.extjs.com/forum/member.php?u=19331) mentioned some posts above (where you assumed he still uses a preview version)

aconran
23 Mar 2010, 3:36 AM
@wm003 - You do not need admin rights to install or run the Designer. This was an issue we ironed out in an early pre-release. Are you behind a proxy? Do you have a group policy set?

e4e
23 Mar 2010, 3:39 AM
I've downloaded and installed the Designer. The first time I ran it it came up with a login box, I entered my details and it went away. Nothing happened so I killed it in task manager. Now whenever I run it, nothing appears - the Ext Designer.exe process just sits there in Windows Task Manager consuming 25,840K and no CPU. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I've uninstalled and reinstalled. On reinstall it had an error running vcredist_x86_qt.exe. Still nothing happens when I run it.

I am experiencing the same issue with Windows 7.

Downloaded from http://www.extjs.com/products/designer/download.php
Installed OK.
First start - prompted for my ExtJS Forum username and password. Successfully logged in, and then the app disappeared from the screen. Had to kill it from Task Manager.
Second start - informed that a newer version is available. Allowed the app to download the new version, but as soon as the progress bar is shown, the app disappeared from the screen. Had to kill it from Task Manager.
Third start - informed that a newer version is available. Didn't let the app download it and tried to continue the trial version. The app disappeared from the screen and I had to kill it again.
Subsequent attempts with varied approaches provided the same final result - the app disappears and had to be killed from Task Manager.

Update: Admin rights, no proxy.

pongz79
23 Mar 2010, 3:40 AM
Same behavior here as user "e4e" but in Windows XP with SP3.

devtig
23 Mar 2010, 3:40 AM
After running ExtDesigner-1.0.0-windows-installer.exe in WIndows Server 2003, I get the language selector. I click Ok. THen I get

---------------------------
Error
This installer requires administrator privileges. Please
become administrator before executing the installer
OK

Update: I have no admin rights and no proxy. I am not sure how to check if I have a group policy set. I don't have the Task Manager issue that e4e, pongz79 or wm003 have.
update2: After clicking ok, it all ends without ExtDesigner installed nor traces in my task manager.

wm003
23 Mar 2010, 3:45 AM
Are you behind a proxy? Do you have a group policy set?

yes to both. But i could successfully register when using non-admin rights, but nothing more happens. ExtDesigner.exe just stays in TaskManager doing nothing. I made a fresh download right after abe.elias posted the official link.

ExtDesigner even told me it had updates available 2 times. But still i cannot get anything displayed after finally clicking on "Continue Trial"

e4e
23 Mar 2010, 4:15 AM
The app works fine on another computer with XP SP3.

aconran
23 Mar 2010, 4:17 AM
@e4e and others, please contact me via email if you are still having issues getting this installed explaining what your exact situation is, platform, group/local policy, proxy settings, etc and we'll try to work it out for the general public.

elnove
23 Mar 2010, 4:45 AM
I had a similar problem.
I'm running Windows 2008 Server Standard SP1 OS, after I installed, it asked me to "continue trail", when I hit "continue" nothing happened and the designer did not start.

I went to the control panel , and found out that I have both versions (preview and 1.0) installed, I uninstalled both of them, than reinstalled version 1.0 and it is now working.

hope it helped.

fgilmer
25 Mar 2010, 6:26 PM
I have a pre key and designer has no place to put it in.

It says it is still a trial version.

Fred Gilmer

tariq
25 Mar 2010, 11:13 PM
i am facing same(@ e4e) problem ..i can not start Ext Designer...

user : admin ,
proxy : no proxy

g2mac
26 Mar 2010, 1:48 AM
Hi,
After installing ExtDesigner 1.0.0. I tried to register my copy. When I typed in my forum login&password application just closed. (and TaskManager have no process ExtDesigner.exe)
It seems that ExtDesigner crashes without any messages about.

WinXP Professional SP2, admin rights.

g2mac
26 Mar 2010, 2:14 AM
On another computer after registering I so "Update" progress bar and a button "NewProject" appeared. But still in Trial mode. Where I must specify my license number or what I must to do to have a registered copy?

vynnus
26 Mar 2010, 1:02 PM
I'm facing the same problem here. After installing it I've created my user and passwd. Tried to login. The login went fine but nothing happened. Then I disabled my anti-virus (Kasperksy) and now I get an windows screen error saying that Ext Designer.exe found an error and needs to be closed.

aconran
26 Mar 2010, 4:44 PM
On another computer after registering I so "Update" progress bar and a button "NewProject" appeared. But still in Trial mode. Where I must specify my license number or what I must to do to have a registered copy?

We need to link your license to your forum username. If you have already supplied this information, then hang tight you should get an email soon instructing you what to do.

Once you receive the email and your forum account has been linked to your license you can click "Get Key" and re-authenticate with your credentials. Your designer install will then be associated to your account.

If you haven't been able to provide us with the info, send us a short email at designer.feedback@extjs.com with your license key and your forum username so that we can link them.

charcalcado
29 Mar 2010, 7:19 AM
I installed on my Kubuntu 9.10, when I run with User normal it returns: Can not mix incompatible Qt libraries Aborted.
when run with sudo it goes normal, but when having to open an existing project it returns: Segmentation fault.

what i do?

Charles

Jamie Avins
29 Mar 2010, 8:20 AM
I installed on my Kubuntu 9.10, when I run with User normal it returns: Can not mix incompatible Qt libraries Aborted.
when run with sudo it goes normal, but when having to open an existing project it returns: Segmentation fault.

what i do?

Charles

This is going to be addressed with static library links. We will have this out shortly.

carsten=)
30 Mar 2010, 4:40 AM
@wm003 - You do not need admin rights to install or run the Designer. This was an issue we ironed out in an early pre-release. Are you behind a proxy? Do you have a group policy set?

Well, it's still not working: If you're a regular user (no admin), it's not possible to install Designer.

Any progress on that matter?

Regargs, Carsten
WinXP user with installation restrictions behind a proxy

g2mac
30 Mar 2010, 9:25 AM
@aconran

On sunday I sent an email to designer.feedback@extjs.com with my license number and forum username, but still there is no answer. Whom should I appeal to?

And certainly I'm waiting for stable release. When?

WinXP SP2, admin rights, no proxy

aconran
30 Mar 2010, 12:41 PM
@aconran
On sunday I sent an email to designer.feedback@extjs.com with my license number and forum username, but still there is no answer. Whom should I appeal to?

@Vlad I personally responded to this on March 27th at 1:13PM PST.

After launching the application, click "Get Key" and re-authenticate. This will activate your license.

carsten=)
30 Mar 2010, 2:59 PM
@Vlad I personally responded to this on March 27th at 1:13PM PST.

After launching the application, click "Get Key" and re-authenticate. This will activate your license.

But I still cannot install Designer! So what about intalling Designer without Admin rights?

Regards, Carsten
WinXP, behind Proxy

aconran
30 Mar 2010, 6:49 PM
But I still cannot install Designer! So what about intalling Designer without Admin rights?

Regards, Carsten
WinXP, behind Proxy

Admin rights are not required to install the designer. If you are under a group policy that has restricted you from installing applications you will need your system administrator to install the application.

stefan.riedel-seifert
30 Mar 2010, 10:16 PM
In our company, we have group policies.
The installation fails: "This installer requires administrator privileges. Please become administrator before executing the installer."

File version. 1.0.0.0 (downloaded yesterday 30.03.2010)

It was no problem to proceed the installation with another user (administrator/support).

If once installed, it was no problem to upgrade the installation without administrator privilegies (happend today morning).

So, all works fine.

Stefan

PS: Windows XP/SP3, english version

aconran
30 Mar 2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback Stefan.

carsten=)
31 Mar 2010, 3:10 AM
Hi,

well, as there is no reasonable way to come around our installation restrictions I wonder if it was possible to get Designer as a portable app. It's a per user license anyway and I switch platforms a lot of times, so it would be perfect if I just had to plug in an usb stick.

Has anybody tried to make a portable app from Designer, yet?

Regards, Carsten

aconran
31 Mar 2010, 4:39 AM
It's a per user license anyway and I switch platforms a lot of times, so it would be perfect if I just had to plug in an usb stick.

Has anybody tried to make a portable app from Designer, yet?

This is not possible. Each install is bound to a machine and your username/license.

GuillermoZ
31 Mar 2010, 6:26 AM
When starting Ext Designer for first time its ask me my username and password, but always says: You provided incorrect login details, but I use the same i used to login to the forums.
Can anybody help?

Thanks

Guillermo

aconran
31 Mar 2010, 6:51 AM
@GuillermoZ Do you have a network proxy or firewall that could be preventing access to our server to authenticate?

GuillermoZ
31 Mar 2010, 7:27 AM
yes, i use a proxy. I found a thread talking about it, after posting, and i solved the problem, thanks

rhenkel
31 Mar 2010, 7:56 AM
This is not possible. Each install is bound to a machine and your username/license.

Does that mean I have to purchase an Ext Designer for each of my computers/laptops?

Usually licenses allow using software once in the same time either at home or at work.

So I understood the paragraph of license I got after purchase, too

"a. Developer License:

Subject to the payment of the fee required for a Commercial Developer License and subject
to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, We grant to You a revocable, non-
transferable and non-exclusive license (i) for a single developer within Your organization
to install and use the Software on any workstations used exclusively by such developer and
(ii) for You to install and use the Software in connection with unlimited domains and sub-
domains on unlimited servers, solely in connection with distribution of the Software in
accordance with sections 3 and 4 below. This license is not sublicensable except as
explicitly set forth herein. "

Regards

aconran
31 Mar 2010, 7:59 AM
Does that mean I have to purchase an Ext Designer for each of my computers/laptops?

No. You can install the designer on unlimited number of machines for your own use.

emotton
1 Apr 2010, 9:29 AM
We need to link your license to your forum username. If you have already supplied this information, then hang tight you should get an email soon instructing you what to do.

Once you receive the email and your forum account has been linked to your license you can click "Get Key" and re-authenticate with your credentials. Your designer install will then be associated to your account.

If you haven't been able to provide us with the info, send us a short email at designer.feedback@extjs.com with your license key and your forum username so that we can link them.

My S.O. is Windows Vista, I bought developer license;

The problem still continuing, missing 5 days for expired trial license.

What can I do about it ?

aconran
1 Apr 2010, 11:32 AM
@emotton - Send us a short email at designer.feedback@extjs.com with your license key and your forum username so that we can link them.

kdao
6 Apr 2010, 2:18 PM
Hi,
I downloaded designer and try to run it for the first time. I have account but I can not register and I am behind the company firewall. Please let me know because we planning to buy it for the company project
Thanks
http://www.extjs.com/forum/images/buttons/forward.gif (http://www.extjs.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&forward=1&pmid=103203)

aconran
6 Apr 2010, 2:36 PM
kdao - We are currently working on Proxy Automatic Configuration support. Are you on a closed/secured network or do you have access to the internet through a proxy?

kdao
6 Apr 2010, 2:38 PM
I am just behind the company proxy, I can access to the internet with proxy setting. Unfortunately, there is no way to set that in the Designer.

thanks

aconran
6 Apr 2010, 2:43 PM
Manual Proxy Configurations will work and will pull it from the system setting.

We are currently working on Automatic Proxy Configurations via PAC scripts.

kdao
6 Apr 2010, 2:48 PM
What do you mean buy "pulling from system setting"? My firefox3.6 and IE 7 work fine with proxy setting. Where do you want me to set so that Designer can register?

kdao
6 Apr 2010, 2:51 PM
I have account with this forum but everytime I try to register I got login failed? I am not sure is this proxy problem or others?

aconran
6 Apr 2010, 4:02 PM
The "Automatic Configuration" setting does not work yet.

"Proxy Server" works.

We are working on "Automatic Configuration" right now.

maquejp
7 Apr 2010, 3:47 AM
I have the same issue, I am behind BlueCoat Reverse Proxy.
I want to test before asking my client buying a license.

rhenkel
7 Apr 2010, 6:05 AM
Manual Proxy Configurations will work and will pull it from the system setting.

Sorry, but for a linux (ubuntu karmic) I can't prove that. On my work I am behind a Squid proxy. Setting the system wide proxy to http://ip:port instead of automatic proxy configuration has no effect.

Many proxies don't block https because of encryption. Maybe https could be an alternative to allow registration through a proxy.

rhenkel
7 Apr 2010, 6:57 AM
Sorry, but for a linux (ubuntu karmic) I can't prove that. On my work I am behind a Squid proxy. Setting the system wide proxy to http://ip:port instead of automatic proxy configuration has no effect.

Addition: In a windows xp system registration succeeded after changing the proxy settings.
I will look for other localtions in karmic that also must be change.
Thanks.

kdao
7 Apr 2010, 9:12 AM
I have proxy with authentication. In IE7 I set proxy server and port manually, when open browser I have to enter my user name and password.

How is it support in Designer, I could not register...I really need to buy it for my project
Thanks..

maquejp
22 Apr 2010, 11:42 PM
Still no solution for user behind reverse auto-proxies?

strobelight
23 Apr 2010, 10:43 AM
On Fedora 11 linux, I get error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Vlade10
27 Apr 2010, 7:54 AM
Every body help me please. So I have installed the Ext Designer version 1.0.0. But when I try to execute the Ext Designer.exe, need enter the username and password of my account in the forum. Then when I enter the usser and pass, never can to open completly the application or the interface. I don't know what can I do. My account in the forum was activated previously. But I thin that the installer program have one error or an other something.
If any body have one idea or suggestion, thanks........

JamesC
28 Apr 2010, 6:13 AM
I'm having an issue behind a company proxy too - I have it explicitly configured within the LAN settings as you mentioned aconran but the app does not let me register. Any assistance?

Vlade10
28 Apr 2010, 6:24 AM
I'm having an issue behind a company proxy too - I have it explicitly configured within the LAN settings as you mentioned aconran but the app does not let me register. Any assistance?
I'm so sorry. But I'm lost completely. If you have any idea more later, or find any solution, tell me please.
Thank you....

opticyclic
29 Apr 2010, 7:45 AM
Manual proxy doesn't seem to work for me either.
Is it because the proxy is using port 8080?

stumpy_uk
1 May 2010, 7:18 AM
I am behind 8080 and also cant get the manual change to work,

EXT Gang - Any news on when this will be resolved as I bought it weeks ago now and still cant use it when I really need to use it..

hulette
11 May 2010, 11:12 PM
Another voice for quick resolution to the auto proxy issue, any updates?

aconran
12 May 2010, 10:15 AM
We'll be putting out a build this weekend that will resolve many of the proxy issues as well as allowing you to manually configure your proxy.

antonye
17 May 2010, 3:03 AM
Any update on this? Failed to get it installed last week due to Proxy issues (Networks Team are not prepared to change the system configuration of 7,500 employees just to install this on my machine!) so I'm in need of a fix...

deganii
17 May 2010, 9:39 AM
Tried downloading the updated release today, it still does not work within our corporate intranet. Is there a separate download location for the build that allows to configure proxies?

Great product btw, works very well on my personal machine...

Ismail Degani

stumpy_uk
18 May 2010, 12:15 AM
We'll be putting out a build this weekend that will resolve many of the proxy issues as well as allowing you to manually configure your proxy.

Any update Aaron - Want to play in work as well as Home!!

naxito
19 May 2010, 2:46 AM
Hi all,
Just for info, and future release.

I am getting problems to launch Ext Designer, due to I am behind a proxy that requires authentication.
When I configure to connect to a proxy that does not require authentication, it works fine.
So I guess, Ext Designer doesnt get the credentials correctly.

I am using Windows 7 Professional
Best regards.

jarrednicholls
21 May 2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?99906-Ext-Designer-1.0.1-Released

guozhi02518
28 May 2010, 12:14 AM
this is test

jarrednicholls
28 May 2010, 5:42 AM
this is test

1..2..3... :-)