PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-2] Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries

renku
23 Mar 2010, 5:05 AM
Downloaded Ext Designer today, installed it (that worked fine), but when I try to run it:

$ /opt/ExtDesigner/bin/ExtDesigner
bin/ExtDesigner.bin: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by bin/ExtDesigner.bin)
Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries
Aborted

The libcrypto-thing should be just a warning.

But I don't understand what goes wrong with those Qt libraries.

There are some libQt* files in /opt/ExtDesigner/lib and it seems the same files are also installed on my system. For example there is /opt/ExtDesigner/libQtGuiExt.so.4 and I also have /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtCore.so.4

Running on latest Gentoo.

thomasf
23 Mar 2010, 5:57 AM
I have just downloaded and installed the Ext Designer (version 1.0). When i want to start the Ext Designer i get the following error: "Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries"

thomas@T61P:~$ bin/ExtDesigner
Aborted
thomas@T61P:~$
thomas@T61P:~$ uname -a
Linux T61P 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12 04:38:19 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Qt: 4.6.2
KDE Development Platform: 4.4.1 (KDE 4.4.1)

Kind regards

jay@moduscreate.com
23 Mar 2010, 7:09 AM
Yeah, the 64 bit version of the designer is not ready yet, per the website.

renku
23 Mar 2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, the 64 bit version of the designer is not ready yet, per the website.

Per which website? The one I downloaded it from, didn't contain no such information.

teknofire
23 Mar 2010, 10:10 AM
I have the same issue also running Gentoo

jay@moduscreate.com
23 Mar 2010, 10:11 AM
When i posted what I did, the 64bit link was crossed out.

Jamie Avins
23 Mar 2010, 10:12 AM
Yes, both versions are available in Linux. I'll open an issue with the version problems with existing QT libraries.

j.bruni
23 Mar 2010, 12:55 PM
Confirmed. I got following error message:

Cannot mix incompatible Qt librariesUsing Kubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala):

jbruni@sathya:~$ uname -a
Linux sathya 2.6.31-20-generic-pae #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12 06:25:51 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Is there any workaround? I'd like to see Ext Designer in action...

Jamie Avins
23 Mar 2010, 1:01 PM
I use Ubuntu 6.10_x64 internally without issue (as does Aaron). It must be another application on the system that the installer it isn't getting along with and mixing up versions with the Qt libraries. Any idea what else you may have installed which is using Qt?

j.bruni
23 Mar 2010, 1:05 PM
I have KDE-svn installed. I believe it uses Qt. Can it interfere even when not running?

Max_nl
23 Mar 2010, 3:33 PM
Having the same issue.
Kubuntu 9.10 32-bit.

predator
23 Mar 2010, 4:13 PM
I have the same issue also running Gentoo

Eeeeh gentoo.. gentoo...

This is the best distribution to learn linux on. Unique system. I have been following the project since its very begging until 2006-07 when decided that I need OS that can be just used rather than fixing it all the time. Gentoo is very close to my heart but I wont recommend it to anyone for anything more that testing or learning purposes.

Also I dont think that gentoo project is really alive those days.

My advice to you is no matter how much you love gentoo is to just get something stable to work on... as you are linux fan debian or ubuntu should be a good choice.

If you are that much of compiling fan... then there are other non-binary distributions out there... look for something that is well maintained with a healthy community around. Gentoo project is stalled from long time, not to mention their major messed up back in the days with broken portage dependencies that brake down almost everybody's systems.

thomasf
23 Mar 2010, 11:25 PM
Eeeeh gentoo.. gentoo...

This is the best distribution to learn linux on. Unique system. I have been following the project since its very begging until 2006-07 when decided that I need OS that can be just used rather than fixing it all the time. Gentoo is very close to my heart but I wont recommend it to anyone for anything more that testing or learning purposes.

Also I dont think that gentoo project is really alive those days.

My advice to you is no matter how much you love gentoo is to just get something stable to work on... as you are linux fan debian or ubuntu should be a good choice.

If you are that much of compiling fan... then there are other non-binary distributions out there... look for something that is well maintained with a healthy community around. Gentoo project is stalled from long time, not to mention their major messed up back in the days with broken portage dependencies that brake down almost everybody's systems.

This may be true, but the problem is not related to gentoo or any other distribution. I have Kubuntu installed and there is the same problem. The problem occours if you have anyQT Libraries installed.

Kind regards

willy99
24 Mar 2010, 12:50 AM
I have done this and it works:
in the lib directory of the installation, remove all and do simlinks

libQtCoreExt.so.4 -> /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
libQtGuiExt.so.4 -> /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
libQtNetworkExt.so.4 -> /usr/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4
libQtScriptExt.so.4 -> /usr/lib/libQtScript.so.4
libQtWebKitExt.so.4 -> /usr/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4
libQtXmlExt.so.4 -> /usr/lib/libQtXml.so.4
libQtXmlPatternsExt.so.4 -> /usr/lib/libQtXmlPatterns.so.4

I have kubuntu 9.10 64bit

ethraza
24 Mar 2010, 7:24 AM
I did that... linked with my system libs, but I still get the error:
bin/ExtDesigner.bin: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by bin/ExtDesigner.bin)
Segmentation fault

My system is a Mandriva 2010 32bit:
Linux ethraza 2.6.31.12-desktop586-1mnb #1 SMP Tue Jan 26 02:59:40 EST 2010 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-62 GNU/Linux

We are really interested in the ExtDesigner her. There is no solution yet?

Thanx

Jamie Avins
24 Mar 2010, 9:00 AM
We're working with Qt on this and hope to have a solution soon.

j.bruni
24 Mar 2010, 9:10 AM
I also tried willy99 suggestion (symlink with system libs), and just as ethraza, also received a segmentation fault error message...

Good to know that ExtJS team is working on this issue. Thanks!

I hope a solution can be found soon. I'm eager to try Ext Designer...

saprot
25 Mar 2010, 2:24 AM
same error, Kubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 9.10 as well... (both 32bit)

abarto
25 Mar 2010, 10:37 AM
I symlinked my current libcrypto (1.0.0) to libcrypto.so.0.9.8 and it worked. I have to say this looks AWESOME.

j.bruni
25 Mar 2010, 12:19 PM
It seems that Ext Designer uses "libQtDBus.so.4", which is NOT included in the package as the other Qt/Ext files. I wonder if including a "libQtDBusExt.so.4" in the package would resolve the problem...

... Also, libcrypto tip above do not apply to me (only 0.9.8 is installed in my system)...

aconran
25 Mar 2010, 1:32 PM
It seems that Ext Designer uses "libQtDBus.so.4", which is NOT included in the package as the other Qt/Ext files. I wonder if including a "libQtDBusExt.so.4" in the package would resolve the problem...

... Also, libcrypto tip above do not apply to me (only 0.9.8 is installed in my system)...

We are not using any DBus functionality. Did ldd report Dbus needing to be linked? :-?

j.bruni
26 Mar 2010, 1:10 AM
We are not using any DBus functionality. Did ldd report Dbus needing to be linked? :-?

Yes, it did, but only after I symlinked to my local Qt libs.

When I tried the symlinks, ldd reported the following libraries, which do not appear without the symlinks:

- libsqlite3.so.0
- libphonon.so.4
- libaudio.so.2
- libQtDBus.so.4
- libXt.so.6

I am attaching the full ldd command-line history in the attached zip file. It contains:

- ldd_without_changes.txt
- ldd_with_symlinks.txt

Note that when trying to execute without changes, the error is "Cannot mix incompatible Qt libraries", and I couldn't find additional information in the logs.

When trying to execute with symlinked Qt libraries, the error is "Segmentation fault", and syslog reports:

ExtDesigner.bin[2363]: segfault at 10 ip 00ae950d sp bfc55380 error 4 in libQtCore.so.4.5.2[9a4000+22b000]

Please, see attached file for more information. I hope this can be useful.

Thanks!

aconran
26 Mar 2010, 1:19 AM
We will be creating a static build that ships all of the necessary libs so that we don't have to deal with these dependencies.

j.bruni
26 Mar 2010, 1:08 PM
We will be creating a static build that ships all of the necessary libs so that we don't have to deal with these dependencies.

Great. Thanks! :)

UltraDM
29 Mar 2010, 10:53 PM
I'm having the same problem with the latest version (1.0.0 ?) for 64 bit on OpenSuSE 11.2 x64

bin/ExtDesigner.bin: /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by bin/ExtDesigner.bin)
Aborted

Oscar Campos
1 Apr 2010, 10:54 AM
I have the same issue on Gentoo 2010 x86_64 with kernel 2.6.31.

But seems the "Aborted" problem is all about the x64 binary, I tried the 32bits one and still getting the same warning on lib32/libcrypto but the application just start without problems.

Btw, Gentoo is still alive...

j.bruni
1 Apr 2010, 11:41 AM
But seems the "Aborted" problem is all about the x64 binary

Not for me... I had all sort of problems with the 32-bit version... until now, I haven't seen Ext Designer in action..

I could try in another OS and/or computer... I just haven't done it. I am always busy! :) And I want to play with in my Kubuntu!

I anxiously await for the announced static build... thanks in advance.

UltraDM
1 Apr 2010, 11:17 PM
I have the same issue on Gentoo 2010 x86_64 with kernel 2.6.31.

But seems the "Aborted" problem is all about the x64 binary, I tried the 32bits one and still getting the same warning on lib32/libcrypto but the application just start without problems.

Btw, Gentoo is still alive...
Yep, same here on OpenSuSE x64

the next step is that on GNU/Linux it doesn't use the http_proxy env var which means I can't login
too bad for me that before that I started it on a virtualized Win XP, logged in for trial period

now I'll sit and wait and when the fix is available my trial will be expired already \:D/

nice ...

pbgc
2 Apr 2010, 2:15 AM
I'm using 32bit Slackware 12.2 with Qt 4.5.2 and I solved the Qt problem (symlinking), solved the libcrypto problem (finding a suitable libcrypto.so.0.9.8 and putting it in lib) but now I get a crash at ExtDesigner startup and I'm still waiting to see ExtDesigner in action (I bought my license in February...)

aconran
2 Apr 2010, 11:18 AM
I'm using 32bit Slackware 12.2 with Qt 4.5.2 and I solved the Qt problem (symlinking), solved the libcrypto problem (finding a suitable libcrypto.so.0.9.8 and putting it in lib) but now I get a crash at ExtDesigner startup and I'm still waiting to see ExtDesigner in action (I bought my license in February...)

We will have a static build compatible with most distributions by the beginning of next week.

aconran
2 Apr 2010, 11:20 AM
Yep, same here on OpenSuSE x64

the next step is that on GNU/Linux it doesn't use the http_proxy env var which means I can't login
too bad for me that before that I started it on a virtualized Win XP, logged in for trial period

now I'll sit and wait and when the fix is available my trial will be expired already \:D/

nice ...

Continue using it in Windows XP for now. We will have a static build available for most distributions early next week at that point I can reset anyone's trial who was unable to use the product due to proxy/library incompatibility issues.

iksik
3 Apr 2010, 12:39 AM
Hello

I'm unable to test it, beacuse of this error:

Apr 3 10:26:15 iksik kernel: [ 6815.293341] ExtDesigner.bin[9513]: segfault at 58 ip 06ca3314 sp bfad7ec0 error 4 in libQtGuiExt.so.4[6a53000+a41000

libQt - 4.5.3
ubuntu 9.10

Segfaults occures while:

- taking a screenshot
- opening a project
- saving a project

2 of 3 are BASIC functions

aconran
3 Apr 2010, 12:41 AM
Have you symlinked in your own versions of libQt? We are distributing 4.6.1 and using some features within 4.6.x.

iksik
3 Apr 2010, 12:44 AM
extDesigner is available for sale - should I ( really ) do something on my own to install it?

aconran
3 Apr 2010, 12:57 AM
No. You should not. I was asking a question as it seems you are using a different version of Qt than we are distributing.

We will be shipping a static build early this week which will resolve many dependency issues on linux which some people have been running into on some distributions.

iksik
3 Apr 2010, 1:04 AM
It will be greate, cause I want to buy this products as soon as it will work fine on linux.

czsergey
9 Apr 2010, 1:20 AM
export QTDIR=""
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=""
export KDEDIRS=""
export KDEDIR=""
./ExtDesigner

or on one line:
QTDIR="" LD_LIBRARY_PATH="" QT_PLUGIN_PATH="" KDEDIRS="" KDEDIR="" ./ExtDesigner

works for me

davide.s
12 Apr 2010, 8:45 AM
export QTDIR=""
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=""
export KDEDIRS=""
export KDEDIR=""
./ExtDesigner

or on one line:
QTDIR="" LD_LIBRARY_PATH="" QT_PLUGIN_PATH="" KDEDIRS="" KDEDIR="" ./ExtDesigner

works for me

yes, Thanks work also for me
in OpenSuse 11.2 32bit

aconran
12 Apr 2010, 9:12 AM
We've encountered some issues where the static build with the included libs isn't behaving the same as when we've dynamically linked in the libs. We're working on this issue, just wanted to keep everyone updated.

davide.s
12 Apr 2010, 9:36 AM
Thanks a lot, because there are still, however, problems during "save" or "save as" functions.
ExtDesigner crash with "segmantation fault"
thanks again for Your work.

ngrover
19 Apr 2010, 9:28 AM
Thanks for looking at this. I just bought a license for designer but I can't use it until it works on linux amd64. None of the "workarounds" are working for me..

ngrover
20 Apr 2010, 6:36 PM
Oddly, I just installed the 32 bit version of Ext Designer on my Ubuntu 64 bit OS and it worked.

prologic
23 Apr 2010, 2:04 AM
Hi All,

I've tried installing ExtDesigner here on my 32-bit PC
running CRUX/Linux (Version 2.5). The installer works
perfectly fine, but running ExtDesigner yields the following:

$ bin/ExtDesigner/bin/ExtDesigner
bin/ExtDesigner.bin: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by /home/prologic/bin/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4)
bin/ExtDesigner.bin: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.10' not found (required by /home/prologic/bin/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtNetworkExt.so.4)
bin/ExtDesigner.bin: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by /home/prologic/bin/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtCoreExt.so.4)

Relevant information that might help:

$ crux
CRUX version 2.5

$ uname -a
Linux daisy 2.6.28 #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 18 21:15:36 EST 2009 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

$ prt-get listinst qt -v
dbus-qt3 0.70-1
qt3 3.3.8-3
qt4 4.5.0-1

$ prt-get listinst openssl -v
openssl 0.9.8k-1

cheers
James

pbgc
25 Apr 2010, 3:12 AM
On April 2 we could read: "We will have a static build compatible with most distributions by the beginning of next week."
Its April 25!!! Can we have an update on this issue?
I bought my license on February a long time before the release and on April 25 I never saw even the first screen because ExtDesigner don't even start on my Linux System!

Max_nl
25 Apr 2010, 9:48 AM
Any update on the static build?

Oddly, I just installed the 32 bit version of Ext Designer on my Ubuntu 64 bit OS and it worked.

On one of my Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit computers it indeed does start when you download the 32-bit version.
But the moment you try to save anything it crashes. :-(

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xf575fb61 in free () from /lib32/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0 0xf575fb61 in free () from /lib32/libc.so.6
#1 0xf3aed82f in QImageData::~QImageData() () from /usr/lib32/libQtGui.so.4
#2 0xf3aee168 in QImage::~QImage() () from /usr/lib32/libQtGui.so.4
#3 0xf3a5cb35 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libQtGui.so.4
#4 0xf5b27dbc in QVariant::~QVariant() () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtCoreExt.so.4
#5 0xf63d86d3 in QHeaderView::sectionSizeFromContents(int) const () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#6 0xf63d6e58 in QHeaderView::sizeHint() const () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#7 0xf640ea1f in QTreeView::updateGeometries() () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#8 0xf641b3cb in QTreeView::timerEvent(QTimerEvent*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#9 0xf5b1b724 in QObject::event(QEvent*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtCoreExt.so.4
#10 0xf5ea6e11 in QWidget::event(QEvent*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#11 0xf6293173 in QFrame::event(QEvent*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#12 0xf6323c67 in QAbstractScrollArea::event(QEvent*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#13 0xf63cb9cc in QAbstractItemView::event(QEvent*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#14 0xf5e4e02c in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#15 0xf5e54c0c in QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#16 0xf5b0b7cb in QCoreApplication::notifyInternal(QObject*, QEvent*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtCoreExt.so.4
#17 0xf5b394a6 in QTimerInfoList::activateTimers() () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtCoreExt.so.4
#18 0xf5b36104 in timerSourceDispatch(_GSource*, int (*)(void*), void*) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtCoreExt.so.4
#19 0xf545a5e5 in g_main_context_dispatch () from /lib32/libglib-2.0.so.0
#20 0xf545e2d8 in ?? () from /lib32/libglib-2.0.so.0
#21 0xf545e4b8 in g_main_context_iteration () from /lib32/libglib-2.0.so.0
#22 0xf5b35df5 in QEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtCoreExt.so.4
#23 0xf5f062b5 in QGuiEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#24 0xf5b0a009 in QEventLoop::processEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtCoreExt.so.4
#25 0xf5b0a45a in QEventLoop::exec(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtCoreExt.so.4
#26 0xf63695b3 in QDialog::exec() () from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#27 0xf637e1f6 in QFileDialog::getSaveFileName(QWidget*, QString const&, QString const&, QString const&, QString*, QFlags<QFileDialog::Option>) ()
from /home/max/ExtDesigner/lib/libQtGuiExt.so.4
#28 0x08058315 in Qtx::saveFile(QString) ()
#29 0x0805eeee in Qtx::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) ()

Max_nl
26 Apr 2010, 10:54 AM
Found a workaround for Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit:

- Open ~/.config/Trolltech.conf in a text editor.
- Remove or comment out the following line:

4.6\libraryPath=/usr/lib/kde4/plugins

Only works until the next reboot, after which the setting is back.

Perhaps the Ext team can test if it is possible to alter the libraryPath upon application start-up using setLibraryPaths() ( http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/qcoreapplication.html ) ?
Not sure if this is possible before the plug-ins are loaded, but it's worth a try.

ngrover
27 Apr 2010, 12:54 PM
Any update on the static build?
On one of my Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit computers it indeed does start when you download the 32-bit version.
But the moment you try to save anything it crashes. :-(

... strange. The 32bit version runs perfectly for me on Ubuntu 10.04 amd64. I can save and open my projects.

The fact that people have to cross their fingers and hope for the best when running a "static" binary on Linux is pretty lame so I hope they fix this soon (I feel I can complain considering this is NOT an open source product and I have bought a license)

Max_nl
27 Apr 2010, 1:20 PM
... strange. The 32bit version runs perfectly for me on Ubuntu 10.04 amd64. I can save and open my projects.

Probably caused by the KDE QT plug-ins as well, I suspect they alter the look-and-file of those dialogs.
Would explain why it works for you, as Ubuntu uses Gnome, and Kubuntu KDE.

cojack
12 Dec 2012, 1:17 AM
./SenchaArchitect
Loading libion: /home/pczekaj/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Architect 2.0/libion-1.4.0.so
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40803) with this library (version 0x40800)
Przerwane (core dumped)

cat SenchaArchitect
#!/bin/sh

export BIN_DIR="/home/pczekaj/SenchaArchitect"
export ROOT_DIR="/home/pczekaj/SenchaArchitect"
export QTDIR=""
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=""
export KDEDIRS=""
export KDEDIR=""
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/pczekaj/SenchaArchitect:/home/pczekaj/SenchaArchitect/plugins/imageformats"
mv ~/.config/Trolltech.conf ~/.config/Trolltech.conf.bak
cd "/home/pczekaj/SenchaArchitect"
exec "./SenchaArchitect.bin" "$*"

uname -a
Linux pczekaj-Vostro-470 3.5.0-18-generic #29-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 19 10:26:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

kded4 --version
Qt: 4.8.3
KDE: 4.9.3
KDE Daemon: $Id$
Still this problem for me, I have 64bit version of this app.