PDA

View Full Version : New to extJs and Designer

eproms73
25 Mar 2010, 7:38 AM
I was wondering if anyone point me in the direction of building a simple form app with ext Designer. I'm basically trying to figure out how to build a simple form, save the result to a database (php/mysql).

I'm just starting to get my feet wet with extJs, but seem to be having trouble finding a good place to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

predator
25 Mar 2010, 11:54 AM
Ext is more like presentation layer of your application. You need to know how to store information to a database without using ext. Once you know that... you can replace your html form with extjs one.

eproms73
25 Mar 2010, 1:10 PM
Yeah I understand all the mechanics of databases/forms/etc.

I'm just having trouble figuring out how to incorporate ext Designer with my current design process.

If I build some nice, elaborate form in the Designer, how can I take the code from designer and into a web page. I found the javascript code in the designer, but when I take it and drop it into it's on javascript file inside the Ext.onReady function, I don't get anything.

Is designer leaving out some code that I need to finish merging it in with my html?

Thanks.

aconran
25 Mar 2010, 1:19 PM
eproms -

Take a look at the mockup/ folder. You need to instantiate an instance of the form that you created and either add it a container or use the renderTo configuration to render it to a particular div on your page.

predator
25 Mar 2010, 1:27 PM
Before you put anything in your onready function. You have to include several extjs files in your file.

eproms73
25 Mar 2010, 2:06 PM
Thanks for the reply Aaron.

Sorry if this is a very "noob" question, but where is this "mockup" folder you mention?

aconran
25 Mar 2010, 2:18 PM
The mockup folder is within your export directory.

By default the export directory is the same folder which your .xds folder resides.

eproms73
25 Mar 2010, 7:03 PM
Thanks Aaron.

The Export Project under Actions was what I was looking for all along.

I had been looking for something like that, but hadn't ventured to that menu yet.

What are the odds of putting something like that under the File menu?