PDA

View Full Version : Re-use components and userXType

cdevienne
29 Mar 2010, 1:55 AM
Hi,

Ext Designer looks really greats, and will certainly increase our productivity in the near future : Thanks a lot !

Before that, there are a few things I would like to know :

When I create a component with Ext Designer, I can set a "userXType" property, which does not appear in the generated js sources.

Also, I would like to re-use the components I create within the Designer, and exchange components between projects.

Hence the following questions :

1) What is userXType ?
2) Can I export/import components from a project to another ?
3) Can I add my own components in the toolbar ?
4) Can I use custom components by just setting the xtype ?

Extra question :

5) Is a command line tool to export a project available or planned ?

Thanks,

Christophe de Vienne

aconran
29 Mar 2010, 1:41 PM
Thanks for the great set of questions.

1) What is userXType ?

userXType is the defined xtype on the implementation calss that you will eventually use. When you export a project two classes will be created. The designer will create your .ui.js class with all of your ui specific information and it will also create an implementation class (.js). Your user xtype will be registered with the implementation class.

2) Can I export/import components from a project to another ?
3) Can I add my own components in the toolbar ?

These two are one in the same in our eyes and yes this is a planned feature that will be coming in a future release.

4) Can I use custom components by just setting the xtype ?

This is another feature that is slated for a future release. We want users to be able to actually use and configure custom components (Question 2 & 3) but we also want users to be able to drag out a generic "Component Class" which they can simply set the xtype. This generic class would not have a precanned set of component configurations like the other components do but you could use *any* class, even ones that aren't included in the designer and aren't a user extension supported in the designer.

5) Is a command line tool to export a project available or planned ?

This is something we've thought about and depending on demand might be something we do depending on the demand for such a tool.

siebe vos
26 Sep 2011, 2:00 AM
@Aaron,

Are the meantioned features (2,3,4) already available within the Ext Designer 1.2 version? I mean can I just import a custom created class (javascript) and re-use that class within Ext Designer? If yes is there also integration with svn?

Thanks!