PDA

View Full Version : Ext Designer - Can't Login to Register

kylecorley
30 Mar 2010, 6:54 AM
I have installed Ext Designer (Windows XP SP3) , but am unable to get it to register successfully. Every time I launch it, I get the Register screen and enter my correct Ext Forums username and password. However, it consistently says:

You provided incorrect login details.

I've double- and triple-checked that I'm using the correct username and password (I'm obviously logged in correctly here), but to no avail. I requested that my license code be linked to my Forum account, and received an e-mail indicating that it was now linked.

My internet connection is not configured to use a proxy.

I am running AVG Anti-Virus, and thought perhaps that might be causing it a problem. I've tried adding the Ext Designer executable as an exception for AVG, and have also tried disabling AVG's Resident Shield. Neither of these made a difference.

Just for grins, I also registered for a new forum username and password just to see if that made any difference -- but I still get the same message as above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

aconran
30 Mar 2010, 12:37 PM
Do you have an application or system firewall?

The application needs outbound access on port 80.

webdev44
30 Mar 2010, 1:02 PM
Having the same issue here. Port 80 out bound is allowed. What is the url that the designer is trying to reach? This would help to see if the url is being blocked by my company.

Thanks,
Peter

kylecorley
30 Mar 2010, 2:20 PM
I'm not running a firewall on my computer, and my router's firewall has port 80 opened for outbound HTTP traffic. I even put my computer in the DMZ just to make sure it wasn't the router's firewall, and still had the same problem. So, it doesn't appear to be a firewall issue at this point.

:(

ZhouYuren
31 Mar 2010, 12:48 AM
:(( I have the same problem!

userlocal
31 Mar 2010, 11:00 AM
Me sucede lo mismo, estoy esperando explicaciones. pasaron los 14 dias que nisiquiera llegue a utilizar

kylecorley
1 Apr 2010, 7:22 AM
Okay, somehow it's now magically working, and I suspect it has something to do with an IE8 patch that was just applied yesterday afternoon.

I am running IE 8 on my machine (yeah, go ahead and beat me up if you want), and I have Automatic Updates set up on my machine (just to download, not to automatically install). I just recalled there was a Windows Update containing some sort of cumulative security change for IE8 that was downloaded yesterday, and I applied it sometime late yesterday afternoon. I am fairly certain that I hadn't tried ExtDesigner since that patch was applied -- until this morning, when ExtDesigner was magically able to authenticate my Forum username and password!

Bottom line... I suspect the issue was being caused by something in IE8, and that the Microsith patch that just came out for IE8 fixed it. I am VERY curious to know whether anyone else having this problem is also running IE8, and whether the problem magically goes away after applying the latest patches to IE8!

Also, I happened to be using Fiddler for some Ajax stuff I was working on, and it gave me an idea... I could try to start up Fiddler, then launch ExtDesigner and see if Fiddler will show me the actual response coming back from the server as it tries to authenticate my license.

I know that Fiddler DOES work as a proxy (which is how it can monitor your traffic)... Interestingly enough, several other threads on here seem to indicate that proxy servers are causing a problem with ExtDesigner. However, Fiddler didn't even register any traffic from ExtDesigner because I don't believe Fiddler was actually set up to listen to it. So, I don't think Fiddler is even in play here, but I decided to bring it up since it IS another variable in the mix.

Anyway, as I was sitting there thinking "WTF, why did this work", that's when I recalled that the IE8 patch had been applied yesterday afternoon.

BFT
1 Apr 2010, 7:26 AM
The same problem on Linux: could not connect via proxy, despite setting $proxy, $HTTP_PROXY, $PROXY

alberto.csm
1 Apr 2010, 9:26 AM
same prob here. running windows server 2008, windows firewall, no proxy.

sekaijin
7 Apr 2010, 11:15 PM
Hi

Same problem

I'm runnig windows XP pro sp3 with IE 6.0.2900.5512 (I'm using FF3)
Under firewall (configured in IE FF and all my browsers)

A+JYT

jrdalpra
9 Apr 2010, 11:40 AM
I have the same problem at Windows Vista. Do you have a solution?
Thanks.

gpp
10 Apr 2010, 7:49 PM
I have the same problem in windows xp sp2 with IE6, 80 port opened.
Do you have a solution now?

mesken
12 Apr 2010, 9:09 AM
I have been having the same problem here. Please when trying to connect to EXT Designer and one receives this error message, what can be the problem ?

azuroff
23 Apr 2010, 9:11 AM
Same problem here - and we are behind a proxy. At least this makes the "Should we buy?" decision a lot easier... :(

ADP-LMY
24 Apr 2010, 5:41 AM
Exactly the same problem.. impossible to connect with a computer on windows XP... works fine with windows 7... The problem is that my company need a working windows xp application...

stumpy_uk
24 Apr 2010, 11:30 AM
Same here - to be fair its now on the list of known issues my question is when is it likely to be fixed ?

UltimateCodeWarrior
27 Apr 2010, 3:09 PM
Login still broke on my machine. Wish I knew what URL it was attempting to connect to. If I am reading this page, this means that port 80 is open through my corporate firewall. This is the same machine/network that I am attempting to register on.

Wireshark clues:

165.30.54.35 HTTP POST http://www.extjs.com/api/license/xds.php HTTP/1.1 (application/x-www-form-urlencoded)

RESULT:
HTTP HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required (text/html)

I bet if the Designer tool mimicked the IE/Firefox HTTP headers, then it could probably punch through corporate firewalls as it would look like IE/Firefox. (It should alternate between the two as well).

abe.elias
27 Apr 2010, 7:57 PM
Quick Update:

It seems that MS has two Proxy configurations: WPAD and PAC.

http://i.technet.microsoft.com/Dd361918.ierk2602(en-us,TechNet.10).gif

Please attempt to UNCHECK "Automatically Detect settings". This has been known to cause issues in our test.

We are working on trying to get this resolved, but their are lots of variables that make this a challenge to resolve.

Thanks again for providing us with as much information as possible. I hope this suggestion helps.

UltimateCodeWarrior
28 Apr 2010, 7:33 AM
Yes, that would be nice to be able to change the proxy settings, but most savvy organizations have it disabled so that employees can't skirt their normal web monitors.

When I copied the guts (the username/password) parameter query string out of the Wireshark capture, I was able to post that to the PHP page that the EXT JS Designer normally posts to... and it did authenticate me. So this leads me to believe that if the EXT JS designers were to mimic the exact same headers as Microsoft or Firefox, then it should be able to go through the proxy validation without an issue. It's when the thing looks more like a trojan horse with it's own home-spun headers that the proxy will probably block it as it does not recognize it as Microsoft or Mozillla agent. Once again, this is speculation, but none-the-less a clue that might help to make registration a breeze.

Quick Update:

Please attempt to UNCHECK "Automatically Detect settings". This has been known to cause issues in our test.

We are working on trying to get this resolved, but their are lots of variables that make this a challenge to resolve.

Thanks again for providing us with as much information as possible. I hope this suggestion helps.

azuroff
28 Apr 2010, 7:46 AM
I'm confused. Every other piece of software running on my machine that needs to access the internet has a way for me to enter my proxy credentials. Can't you simply pop up a proxy login box if you get a 407 error back when trying to authenticate the user? That, or provide a way to manually enter a license key (trial or permanent) that doesn't require the software to phone home before it will even run.

I'm not about to change my network settings (which could affect everything else running on my box) to run one single application that can't figure out how to play nice with the proxy server.

I really am interested in trying this out - not so much for production code, but as a way to quickly prototype ideas so we can get them in front of the users sooner. I hope you're able to get the proxy issues resolved soon.

UltimateCodeWarrior
28 Apr 2010, 7:52 AM
This post from the ext js registration application does not work:
POST http://www.extjs.com/api/license/xds.php HTTP/1.1
Origin: qrc://
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; N; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ext Designer Safari/532.4
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 126
Connection: Keep-Alive
Accept-Encoding: gzip
Accept-Language: en-US,*
Host: www.extjs.com (http://www.extjs.com)
Proxy-Authorization: NTLM TlRMTVNTUAABAAAABQIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
Line-based text data: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
u=UltimateCodeWarrior&p=***nopenotshowingit***&print=***shrouded***

This get from Firefox Directly does work:

http://www.extjs.com/api/license/xds.php?u=UltimateCodeWarrior&p=***nopenotshowingit***&print=***shrouded***

GET http://www.extjs.com/api/license/xds.php?UltimateCodeWarrior&p=***nopenotshowingit***&print=***shrouded***
Host: www.extjs.com (http://www.extjs.com)
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 115
Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cookie: __utma=***LONG STRING HERE***
Proxy-Authorization: NTLM ***LONG STRING HERE***
NTLMSSP***OTHER STUFF HERE***
...Then I get something like this back:
Product Ext Designer 1.x - Trial Username UltimateCodeWarrior *** MORE TEXT HERE***

What I am thinking is if the Ext JS Designer guys could mimic the GET headers of Firefox, it might be able to punch on through...

Quick Update:

UltimateCodeWarrior
28 Apr 2010, 7:54 AM
Yes, I agree, would be nice to get an Email Registration Key that we just cut and paste into the application if Web Automated Registration Fails.

rhenkel
29 Apr 2010, 5:10 AM
Yes, I agree, would be nice to get an Email Registration Key that we just cut and paste into the application if Web Automated Registration Fails.

Yes, full ACK. That is the normal registration way and the folks of extjs would get some more months to resolve the proxy issue.

abe.elias
29 Apr 2010, 7:34 PM
One of the decisions we had to make was whether to include the "Designer file" in the download. A draw back of including it is we'd have to build the install every time we wanted to push a new release. The method we currently implement allows us to do in app updates. This allows us to update the designer seamlessly for both new d/ls and existing installs without any recompiles.

@Ultimate I think your suggestion to change the user agent is a viable option for your issue.

ajpfister
30 Apr 2010, 8:10 AM
@Ultimate I think your suggestion to change the user agent is a viable option for your issue.

I can reproduce the same thing Ultimate can. Are you saying that this can be done now or that Ext will provide this solution?

abe.elias
30 Apr 2010, 11:38 AM
We'll make the change on our end. It will require a designer download and install since we are changing the signature of the compiled WebKit. We'll make an announcement when it's ready.

Thanks again to UltimateCodeWarrior.... any relation?

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/u/ultimatewarrior/01.jpg

jarrednicholls
30 Apr 2010, 12:04 PM
UltimateCodeWarrior,

First off, awesome name, love it. I'm gonna call myself UltimateCodeNinja from here on out, given I am more of a ninja fan...

Your suggestion doesn't hurt at all, and will help with servers looking for specific user agents while passing through. However, I think the true issue is what you pointed out earlier: Receiving a 407 authorization challenge response. The ultimate solution across all proxies that return a 407 is to meet that challenge by allowing you to enter a proxy username and password.

The reason I believe it's very much an authentication issue is that you pasted a clue with your Firefox headers. Look at your Proxy-Authorization header. There is a string starting with NTLMSSP, which is your "pre-authenticated" token if you will...NTLMSSP is similar to and the legacy of Kerberos...it's a protocol to authenticate. Your Firefox is more than likely already configured or already "met the challenge" of the proxy authentication once it received its first 407. Probably the former though. You perhaps could answer that question though, if Firefox has been configured for a proxy:

Go to Edit -> Preferences. Go to the "Advanced" section, and then click on the "Network" tab. Finally, click on the "Settings" button next to "Configure how Firefox connects to the Internet". Is it pre-configured for a proxy? If it's setup with "Use system settings", are you aware of your system having a proxy configuration already? Most likely yes.

To summarize, there is no question the Designer will need a patch, and it will most likely be the auto-detection of system proxy settings, and/or allowing you to enter your proxy credentials manually...just like Firefox allows you to.

Thanks for the help on this issue.

navid.anwar
4 May 2010, 11:53 PM
Facing Same problem "You provided incorrect login details" but i m sign-in to the forum with the same user / pass as provided in the extjs designer software registration page.

When the issue will be resolved?

jarrednicholls
5 May 2010, 7:34 AM
Navid, please see this post (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?94977-OPEN-21-Registration-and-Proxy-Issues&p=463850#post463850) on some new Qt DLLs that are experimental and may solve the proxy issue with certain setups. This is obviously for Windows installations only.

Follow that thread, we will announce a release of the build which will have this issue solved by (at worse case) allowing you to manually enter proxy settings.

mrjeffhill
12 May 2010, 10:02 AM
Same problem, mac SN. Fix plox!

Andrew Clarke
15 Jun 2010, 2:12 AM
Sorry if this is a cross-post, but I downloaded Ext Designer, and registered it with my Ext account when asked, and it keeps telling me that I've provided incorrect login details. Obviously I haven't as I used my credentials to log in to the forum and post this message. I'm not behind a proxy. Good internet access. something is definitely broken here I reckon.

jmeskovski
15 Jun 2010, 4:01 AM
Mac OS X 10.5.8. Registered and logged on to the forums successfully (obviously). EXT Designer tells me I have provided incorrect login details. No proxy, no internet access restrictions (save for outbound NAT).

sholden
15 Jun 2010, 5:26 AM
Same issue. I'm raging all over my enter key. Please help, if I break this I don't have a spare keyboard.

toddgeist
15 Jun 2010, 5:35 AM
Same problem. Triple Checked my account information. I just purchased Ext Designer. Downloaded the latest version and no luck. Maybe this has something to do with the name change? maybe the register function is still pointing at ExtJS.com ??? justa guess

overnoise
15 Jun 2010, 6:00 AM
Same here.

jongliko
15 Jun 2010, 6:25 AM
Same here ! Impossible to login...

jarrednicholls
15 Jun 2010, 6:37 AM
This has to do with the move to sencha.com. I'll work with our architecture engineers to see if we can get a resolution in place ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

sachinraj
15 Jun 2010, 7:21 AM
Same problem I am not able to login too

agsdragon
15 Jun 2010, 8:23 AM
i have project due tommorow what i supposed to do

jarrednicholls
15 Jun 2010, 9:12 AM
The issue has been resolved. You should now be able to login, and you won't be alerted about an update when there actually isn't one.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

aprilbluelin
12 Sep 2010, 6:02 PM
can't register
i have use administrator account and set firewall
i still didn't work

jarrednicholls
13 Sep 2010, 7:38 PM
Are you behind a proxy server? What error message are you getting?

stewardman
23 Sep 2010, 8:20 AM
Took me three emails to get registered and working. The lockout after 5 tries is an additional treat. Hope this is not an indication of the software itself.

mscalia
10 Dec 2010, 2:23 AM
I have the same issue that everyone else. Downloaded, installed, have a forum account, no proxy, good internet access but I can't register the software for trial!!!

(The only characteristics is that I'm running on a VM. But I'm browsing the internet, no issue.)
Please advise!!!! Can't you guys provide a trial license key via email instead during registration? this is TOO cumbersome

jarrednicholls
14 Dec 2010, 12:16 PM
@mscalia, we can provide a trial key for manual activation. If you email designer.feedback [at] sencha.com we'll hook you up and provide instructions for doing so. I am indeed curious about your environment. The VM might be the cause of the problem. You are in fact receiving a "cannot communicate w/ license server" error message?