PDA

View Full Version : Customizing Designer

vmadman
30 Mar 2010, 11:46 AM
Is it at all possible at this point to include custom components, that I've made?

What about UX components I've acquired or that shipped with extJS?

Is it possible to modify the CSS used by designer? Can I used our site's custom ext css, which has already been created?

Thanks
Luke

aconran
31 Mar 2010, 4:53 AM
Is it at all possible at this point to include custom components, that I've made?

Yes, although the api has not yet been documented/exposed.

What about UX components I've acquired or that shipped with extJS?

Yes, if these ux components have been prepared for use in the designer you will be able to use them.

Is it possible to modify the CSS used by designer? Can I used our site's custom ext css, which has already been created?

Are you asking if you can apply a custom theme within the designer? At the moment no this is not possible but it is a feature we're looking to possibly implement in a future version.

vmadman
31 Mar 2010, 7:01 AM
Ok, so then the answer to my first two questions is actually "no". But you guys hope to have that available soon.

For the third, it seems obvious that you're rendering your components using some sort of built-in browser. It seems like it would be possible to override the css used if a specific file is provided in the settings.

Though, I suppose I do see the challenge. The designer, it seems, is an extJS application editing itself.. which is why it can so easily render itself. In that case, you guys likely had to extend the original extJS to support the features of the designer, and those extensions would likely not exist in any custom css provided. Am I on the right track with that?

Thanks,
Luke

vmadman
31 Mar 2010, 7:09 AM
As an extension to my question about css...

Say that I am editing a window object, it asks for iconCls ... if I cannot define my icons, and their css, then the designer will not be able to show my icon, right?

Thanks,
Luke

aconran
31 Mar 2010, 7:11 AM
Ok, so then the answer to my first two questions is actually "no". But you guys hope to have that available soon.
Ok.

Though, I suppose I do see the challenge. The designer, it seems, is an extJS application editing itself.. which is why it can so easily render itself. In that case, you guys likely had to extend the original extJS to support the features of the designer, and those extensions would likely not exist in any custom css provided. Am I on the right track with that?
Yes. You are only looking to change whats in the canvas, the area in the middle of the designer, correct?

vmadman
31 Mar 2010, 7:56 AM
Correct, I want the designer to show my custom extJS theme, or how it will look on my site, which does not run the stock extJS theme (css).

Thanks,
Luke